Carving the Ice

Losing the battle

"What a Game Ladies & Gentlemen, after a much heated first and second period the leafs come out from behind and beat the Penguins." " The Leafs really played a great third but they caught a big break after number 71 Evgeni Malkin....."

Squeezing my eyes shut I turned off the television while getting off the couch to grab the phone to call him knowing he would be waiting in the locker room stewing in his own anger till he heard what I had to say. Preparing myself to give out the speech he expected my quiet yet somewhat hostile demeanor seemed to switch as my hand curled around the small samsung phone, he expected me to be blunt, upset, forward, and tell him that he was shit tonight and then somehow build him up again after I helped tear him down. Since thats what he wants thats what I give him.

Putting the phone up to my ear I start yelling in Russian "What the Hell were you thinking!!"

--------------------------------------------

~Geno~

Storming into the locker room after what felt like me single handedly losing the game for my team I flew over to my hockey bag basically ripping it apart. Stopping briefly when I came across the same picture I had hanging in my locker of my sister in I both in hockey gear turned away from the camera showing off the back of our jerseys in russia. Not that anybody here knows that is who is in the picture , or the fact I have a sister at all.

I can hear the rest of the team come in and I am still looking through my bag as Sid starts his long speech. Finally I found it just as it started to ring, why the have to make these fucking things so small I will never understand. Answering in Russian the locker room gets quiet as I don't even acknowledge the speech putting the phone on speaker as I start to change.

"What the Hell man" yell various people on the team.

---------------
************
Mila - "What the hell were you thinking you threw it away!
- Protect your Goalie, Clear the zone and for gods sake do not take a penalty when you are tied in a game this important and if you are at least take someone from the other team with you do not give them a free power play"

Sitting down and running my hand through my hair, grunting here and their to let her know she was right and i was listening. Looking around I noticed everyone was staring.

Mila- If we were still playing together here in russia you know I would have beat the heck out of you for playing like that , knee injury and all be dammed.

Sighing again I said nothing and I could hear Mila's breathing get a bit louder and I knew she was going to switch to english, She always does when she is mad to see if she can embarrass someone.

"For Fucks sake, suck it up, get yourself laid or something and win the rest of this series."

"I have to get to the rink" ***"Bye brother"***

Then all I hear is the dial tone and I look up to maybe a dozen stunned faces looking back at me.

"Who the hell was that"
♠ ♠ ♠
** Is Russian?