Zombie apocalypse

Chapter 1

I was breathing heavily as I ran away from the moaning and hissing, dead.

Their mouths were black from decay, with broken sharp teeth from braking bones of their victims.

I reached the top of the stairs and slammed the heavy metal door shut.

Sliding down the wall I saw the others from my group staring at me.

“Is everyone here?” My leader called out.

“Yes, I was the last one,” I stated as I stood up.

“Good, now tomorrow when the dead are gone we’ll scavenge what we can and leave,” he stated.

The group dispersed murmuring about what could have happened, my leader pulled me aside.

“Syd what were you thinking, I could have lost you,” He said as we stood inside a dark in clove.

“I was looking to see if there was any weapons or supplies we could use,” I said cupping his face with my hands.

He leaned down and his breath ghosted over my face.

“Ryan, you know we need all the supplies we can get,” I said standing up and kissing his face.

Our lips connected in a warm embrace.

We broke apart for air.

“Syd, next time please tell me where you go, I was worried when you weren’t here,” he said running his fingers over my shoulders.

“ Of course,” I said kissing him again.

The end of humanity started after a warm sunny day in June.

I went to track practice like every other day.

We started our warm ups and then we split into our specials.

Ryan Hoh a junior, Glen Schubert a senior, Charleston French a freshman, and Taylor Hymes another freshman and I walked over to the throwing pit.

Our coach, Mr.Utegg was out for the day and my sister was off trying out for the junior Olympic volleyball team.

Today we decided to work on discus.

Taylor and Charleston were talking away as the boys were warming up.

I stood within the circle and was currently doing stand throws.

In the distance I could see a crowd of people limping their way over.

It was like a scene out of a horror movie.

The hoard kept getting closer, I noticed their clothing was hanging on by threads, there was dried blood covering their bodies, some of the flesh was barely hanging on.

“Hey guys, have you ever seen The Walking Dead?” I asked, the hoard still a good distance away.

“Yea that show is the shit,” Glen said.

“Well we should start running cause I think there’s some walkers,” I said pointing out to the incoming hoard.

They turned and there’s eyes squinted against the sun’s rays before realization hit.

The girls ran screaming and the guys ran as well.

“Ryan grab the girls, I’ll warn the others but meet at my house,” I called out.

“Ok,” he said running up to the girls and leading them to his car.

I ran to where the distance and everyone else was working out.

“You guys have to leave there’s a hoard of zombies coming this way,” I said out of breath.

Some people started laughing while others started to run to their cars.

“Fine, don’t say I didn’t warn you,” I said jogging to my car.

I drove to my house to see Ryan’s car parked outside.

“So what to do think happened to them?” Ryan asked as I walked in the door.

“Well, I had a feeling this pandemic was going to happen eventually but not in our little town, I did this essay on zombies but it was just made up,” I said ushering him to the kitchen.

He sat down in one of the chair as I saw Charleston and Taylor on the couch whimpering.

“How much do you think it spread?” Ryan asked.

“I don’t know yet, that was a good size hoard, I’m gonna check the news you should call your family to see where there at,” I said heading over to my laptop.

As I searched the news my mouth dropped open at the news. New York city over run, Europe, China, Africa, South America, most of the world was hit by zombies.

I heard Ryan on the phone with his parents and it sounded like they got out of there.

“What’s the verdict Syd,” Ryan asked hanging up the phone. “Not good, it seem it was a pandemic, most of the world is hit,” I said.

Ryan nods and looks at the younger girls. “What do we do now?” He asks.

“For right now let’s go to the gas station and get all the gas we can, and then head to the market to get non-perishable foods,” I said.

“All right so how many gas cans do you have…

~Later that evening~
“Syd, what are we going to do I don’t think we can stay here, no offence but we wouldn’t be able to live here forever,” Ryan said as we turned off the lights.

Sighing I rubbed my temples. “Oh, I forgot my mom has a save house not to far away from here on top there’s a farm that the neighbors have been taking care of and underground there is a bunker,” I said.

“Seriously Sydney that’s a bit weird,” Taylor stated.

I shrugged as I packed up the food we needed.

“Guys, we’ll probably leave either tomorrow or the day after, “ I said as the food was finally packed.

“Now you can either come with me or we can drop you off at your places, I just don’t know if they’ve been turned,” I stated.

Taylor and Charleston both looked at each other and decided that they would rather go back to their families.

I decided to let them sleep on it and pulled out the pull out bed from the couch.

I bid the girls a good night and headed to my room.

When I reached my room Ryan closed the door behind him. “I told my mom to meet us at the safe house,” I said as I changed out of my clothes.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen to my family, my house is right near where that hoard was heading,” Ryan said sitting on my bed.

“We can go over in the morning and pick them up, but for now you need to sleep,” I said pushing him back onto my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it, comment please so I can consider adding more chapters or not