Heart Attack Waiting to Happen

Chapter 1: All I See Is You.

Chapter 1: All I See Is You.

Josh’s P.O.V

I walk into class laughing from a joke Max just made, I suddenly stopped walking when I see an unfamiliar face sitting next to my usual seat.

I found that I was in a world of my own, it was like everything in the room became a blur, and the busy classroom became silent as I just stared at the boy sitting at my desk. Something about him was drawing me towards him. Who was he?

I was suddenly snapped out of my day dream when my teacher tapped me on my shoulder and asked me to take my seat. I felt abit stupid standing there like a fool, I hope no one saw.

I sat down at my desk and the boy shuffled a crossed slightly but didn’t say a word to me. He was slumped over the desk, his head resting on his folded arms on the table. I took a quick minute to take take in his apearances; he was wearing a black band hoodie with the hood up, he had a long dark fringe covering his eyes as if he was trying to hide himself. I did however notice he had a few facial peircings too, two lip rings on either side of his bottom lip which were called snake bites and a nose bridge piercing.

I felt a little awkward not saying anything to him, so I thought I’d make the first move and introduce myself.

“Hey, I’m Josh. I guess you're new here?

Of course he was new, what the hell was that Josh? I’ve never seen him before and that was a lame introduction.

“Huh? Oh erm, I’m Oli… Guess that makes me the new kid.” He says in an awkwardly quiet tone, looking at me for a second and then back to resting his head on his arms.

I kind of got the hint that he wasn't much of a talker. But I was going to get him to talk because I hated sitting in awkward silence. And besides he was new, the least I could do is be friendly to him; he probably didn’t have any friends here yet. I tried the conversation again.

“So, are you new to the area then?"

What was that? God Josh, try and make the conversation a little more interesting!

He looked over at me again shyly, longer than just a second this time so I could just make out his dark eyes through his fringe, his skin was white as snow and he had a cut on his lip next to one of his piercings. I wondered how he got that? Was he some silent hardass? I realised I was staring at him longer than I should have; I looked away quickly before he notice and answered me.

“Not really…Just moved schools.” He mumbles.

Great. Looks like one line sentences was all I was going get out of him. I didn’t bother asking him any more questions, he clearly didn’t want to talk to me.

As the lesson moved on and we began writing in our books, I notice Oli had tattoos on his hands and fingers. This distracted me from my work, but I was curious and thought they were pretty cool to be honest.

“I like your tattoos.” I blurt out without realising.

Maybe this conversation will spark at his interests and want to reply with more than a sentence.

He shifted in his seat, realising what I have said he tried to hide his hands under the pages of his work book.

“Oh, err thanks.”

He seemed uncomfortable, but I don’t know why, I was complimenting him.

“Can I have a look?” I hinted at him smiling, pointing to his hidden hands.

He didn’t reply for a few seconds, probably deciding if he should show them to me or not.

“Sure.”

He took his hands out from under the paper and placed them on top of his page so I could have a proper look at them. He had “Drop Dead” written on his knuckles, which I thought was cool but also abit strange... Was that a slogan or something? He had little tattoos below that which made me let out a little laugh; there was a tattoo of a lightening bolt, a dollar sign and the apple logo, which was hilarious and awesome as fuck, who was this boy?

He moved his hands quickly away when I laughed; I think he thought I was laughing at him. I wanted to reassured him I wasn’t.

“They’re really cool Oli, what made you get the apple logo?” I hinted another friendly smile at him, anything to make him feel less uncomfortable.

He smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

“Dunno. Just thought it was funny I guess and hoped to get free shit but that didn't work." He said before picking up his pen and started writing again.

He shut down the conversation again just when I thought I was starting to get somewhere with him. He obliviously didn’t want to stay on that subject long either. It was like trying to get blood out of a stone with him. I let out a sigh and picked up my pen and carried on writing also, just giving up with him trying to talk to him for the rest of the lesson.

Before I knew it the bell rang, the lesson was over and it was lunch time. Both Oli and I got up from the desk and started packing our things away. I felt like I should invite him to lunch with me and the others, it would be a nice way to help him feel more welcome here and a good start to make some new friends.

I turned towards him, his eyes still hidden under his hair.

“Do you wanna hang out with me and my mates during lunch?” I asked with a friendly smile, hopping he’d say yes.

Oli looked shocked at my friendly gesture; he put his back pack over one shoulder and looked down to the floor.

“Erm… Thanks but no thanks Josh.”

I frowned. I wasn’t expecting that, I know he doesn’t know me, but still, this is an opportunity for him to make new friends and not be a loner for the rest of the school year. So I asked again.

“Are you sure?”

"I said no thanks." He snapped and turned away from me and marched straight for the classroom door.

His rude reaction pissed me off and I glared on after him, it was like he couldn’t get away from me fast enough. I was just trying to be nice, jeeze.

I notice he was wearing the tightest skinny jeans I have ever seen anyone wear, let alone a guy to wear and I thought mine were tight. My eyes widen in shock when I realise I was eyeing up his legs and unknowingly his ass too. My cheeks burned and I shook my head quickly to get rid of the thoughts. No, I was not just checking him out.

"Whatever.” I said under my breath and grabbed my bag and headed out of the classroom to meet my group of friends in our usual spot for lunch.

I didn’t see Oli around school for the rest of the day, even though he blew me off with my friendly offer and was totally rude to me but for some reason I couldn’t stop thinking about him. There was just something about him which was driving me crazy because I didn’t know what it was. Why was I feeling like this about some strange boy I’ve only just met? And now I have to wait until tomorrow to be able to see him again. Just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter! (This is my first ever story, so please keep that in mind)

I hoped you enjoyed it, the story does start off slow but i promise you it will be worth the wait! :)