Heart Attack Waiting to Happen

Chapter 18: Everything I’ve Loved Became Everything I Lost.

Chapter 18: Everything I’ve Loved Became Everything I Lost

Josh's P.O.V

I was lying on my bed playing around with the note Oli left me in between my fingers.

I let out a sigh. This afternoon everything was absolutely perfect, but I awoke naked and alone in a cold empty bed with nothing but a note from my boyfriend.

I've gone home to get something, I’ll be back before you wake up. Oli <3

But he didn’t come back.

I’ve texted him and phoned him loads, but there was no answer, it just went to voicemail. I expected this because he never answers his phone when he’s at home but I don’t know, something didn’t seem right.

Why would he say he’ll be back before I wake up and then not come back at all? Surely he would have texted me or something to let me know he couldn’t come back?

I replayed the whole of earlier in my mind incase I had missed something off about him. He was fine, he was more than fine, he seemed really happy and after we made love everything seemed so perfect, and he couldn’t stop smiling and he just clung to me so lovingly. Nothing was wrong.

Should I be concerned that he hasn't shown up? I mean, it's nearing 9 o'clock at night now and I've heard nothing from him and I was starting to worry.

Maybe I’m thinking too much about this, he’s probably fine and I should just sit tight and wait for him to come back like he said he would.

I turned on the tv and just watched some boring show to distract me and to also make the time go by faster. An hour past and I still had Oli’s note in my hand with a still no show from the boy himself.

I stared at the note for a few minutes longer, my finger tips tracing over his name and heart he drew. My heart ached for him.

No, I can’t take this anymore, call me an overprotective clingy boyfriend but I can’t bare being without him for much longer. I couldn't shift the feeling that something might be wrong either cos it was now 10pm and still a no show.

I got off my bed and put on my purple and black flannel shirt and decided to walk to his house in the dark. I know I was taking a risk, Oli went mad at me last time for going to his without his permission but I just wanted to know if he was alright. He can't blame me for that can he?

~~

When I finally got to Oli's house I hesitated for a minute before knocking on the front door but there was no answer. I stood outside for a few awkward minutes, trying to decide what to do with myself now. I knocked again and still no answer.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and rang Oli for the hundredth time but there was still no answer from him. I started to get suspicious, where was he?

I decided to walk around the back to see if I could get in from the back door but when I got there, the door was already left slightly open. That's when my suspicion grew.

I was nervous but I pushed the door slowly open with my finger tips, the kitchen was a right mess, it looked like someone might have broken in or something.

I stepped into the house and that's when I saw blood on the kitchen floor, a lot of blood.

My eyes widen. What the hell has happened here?!

Oli instantly springs to my mind, with a load of other worrying thoughts too. Where was he? Was he okay? Was this his blood? Oh god, please don’t let this be his blood.

“Oli?” I called out from the kitchen.

But I was met with silence.

I walked out of the kitchen, calling him yet again.

“Oli?” I shouted louder than before. But there was nothing.

I was feeling incredibly anxious. I had this horrible wrenching feeling in my heart warning me that something was wrong.

The house was dark as no one appeared to be in this ghost house . I lingered in the corridor for a couple of minutes before I stepped up on the first step of the stairs which made an awfully loud creak which made me flinch. I took another step and that's when a light flickers.

“Who the bloody hell are you?!”

It was the same loud stern voice I heard before, making me jump out of my skin once again.

I quickly turned around and saw A scruffy old drunk man stood in the door way of the living room. He must be Oli’s dad but why didn't he answer me when I called out earlier?

“I’m- I’m looking for Oli…” I stuttered.

This man was terrifying and I’ve only been in his prences for no longer than two minutes.

“Oliver? Ha you’ll be so lucky if you’ll find him alive up there.” He snarls in a wicked tone and my heart drops as he hints about Oli being dead.

“What? No, Oli!”

I panicked and turned to run up the stairs but his father grabbed my arm pulling me away from them.

He slammed my back up against the wall, holding me by the collar of my shirt. What the fuck is going on?! This man is actually crazy! He stunk of alcohol and was in desperate need of a good wash and a shave. I began to panic for Oli’s life as well as my own, what was happening?

“What have you done to him?!” I shout at him.

He let out an almost cruel laugh.

“The little toe rag finally got what was coming to him."

“I swear if you’ve hurt him I’ll-” He cut me off.

“You’ll what boy? You’ll kill me? Give us your best shot!”

I stared back into this mans eyes and realised
that he wasn’t joking. He was scaring the life out of me, what has he done to Oli? What is he about to do to me? Fuck! I needed to wt out of here.

“You’re just as pathetic as he is! Get out of my house!”

He whacked me over the head with his hand and then shoved me on
to the floor.

Shit! I landed on some broken glass, cutting my hand. it was nothing, all I could think about was Oli and how I could get past this lunitic to save him.

“I ain’t leaving until I see Oli!”

I plucked up the courage and got up from the ground, there was no way I was leaving without him.

Was this what Oli warned me about? Why he never invited me round here because his dad was a crazy psycho? The reason why we ran away from him that one time? Was his dad this violent towards him? Oh god. It must be…Was this where all his bruises were coming from?! Finally it all made sense.

His dad beat him? His own flesh and blood would pound him into a pulp and show no regret towards his actions. The thought made me feel sick to my stomach. This vile man was going to pay. My fear was quickly replaced by anger, my hands curled into fists as I clenched my jaw. He was going to pay for ever laying a finger on him.

“A wise guy huh? Well give us your best shot kid!” He encourages.

Something inside of me just snapped and I ran at Oli’s dad without a second thought, my fist went flying into his face and he staggered backwards.

I felt pretty smug that I got in a good shot, but his fist came back at me knocking me for six.

Holy Shit!

He grabbed me and smashed my chest into the wall, holding my arm tight up against my back. Fuck I was done for now!

“I must admit, you put up a good fight kid It’s a shame I can’t say the same for that worthless son of mine. It he had a back bone maybe he wouldn’t be so fucking bad to deal with.”

I gritted my teeth and shifted under his hold but the movement only caused me more pain. His words angered me though, how dare he speak about Oli like that! He was his son, didn’t he care about him at all?! How fucked up was this man to not even care that his son might be dead.

“I’m going to do the same to you what I did to him. You might just live through it though.” He chuckles.

No! I will not let him do the same to me or will ever let him hurt Oli again! Everything inside of me piled up and I knew I had to put a stop it. I had to fight back even if it was the last thing I did, at least I know I'd thought to the vey end to save my love.

I pushed all my strength backwards slamming him into the wall behind me, the impact made his grip loosen on my arm which I was able to pull myself away from him.

What happen next happened all too fast. I panicked he was going to have the upper hold on me again and finish me off so I grabbed the nearest thing which was within my reach, a picture frame. And spinning around quickly on my heel and see him charging at me and so I smashed the frame over his head.

He dropped unconsciously to the floor. When I see he did make a move to get up panic runs through my body. Fuck, did I just kill him?!

I fell against the wall and sunk to the floor, my breathing became fast and heavy rapidly. What the fuck did I just do?

After a few seconds of shock, Oli came back to mind and I snapped myself out of whatever trance I was under and ran up the stairs to Oli's bedroom.

I clutched hold of the door knob of Oli’s door but it wouldn’t open, the door was locked. I fell into full panic mode and started banging on his door with my fist.

“Oli! Oli baby it’s me Josh. Oli please open the door!”

**

There was no answer; my heart was going too explode out of my chest if I didn’t get this door open! I forced my shoulder into the door but it still wouldn’t budge.
My heart was racing like crazy, why wasn’t he opening the door?!
I lent against the banisters of the stairs and started to kick Oli’s door in. On the third kick, his bedroom door flew open, revealing a sight of horror. I froze as I took in the horrifying sight; my heart sank as I fell to my knees in the doorway, it looked like a murder scene.
I read the words which were written in blood on the walls.
“Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, it never ends.”
My eyes left the walls and focus on the dead body which was lying on the bed covered in blood.
“NO!” I screamed through my panicked lungs.
I forced my body up from the ground and ran towards Oli on the bed, frantically cradling him in my arms.
“Oli! Please wake up! Please baby talk to me!” Tears were streaming down my face; my heart was in my throat, Oli’s head was hanging over my arms lifeless…
I could feel his bones as I held him in my arms, his face was an off white colour, dark ring around his eyes, he was covered in bloody cuts and bruises…he looked like death.
I saw the state of his wrists, they were sliced open deep, covered in thick dark blood.
He was holding a knife in his left hand…no, please tell me he didn’t kill himself?! The terror over took me.
“Oli please don’t leave me, Please! Baby please open your eyes!” I held him to my chest and cried into his hair.
No this can’t be happening; he can’t leave me like this! He just can’t! I refuse to believe he’s gone forever… He’s the love of my life, I can’t function without him, I need him, he can’t be gone!
24 hours ago everything was perfect, we were in love lying in each others arms, happy… and now Oli was lying in my arms dead… how is this even possible?! Why god why? Why did you let him take his life from me?! Why didn’t he tell me about his dad? Why didn’t he wake me up? Why didn’t he call me for help? WHY?!
I couldn’t bare this, the pain was all too much, I felt like someone stabbed me in the heart and ripped it out of me… I couldn’t breathe.
“Oliver I love you.” I sobbed breathlessly into his hair.
“Keep me in your skin, keep me in your chest, I’ll wait for this to start, I’ll wait for it end…” I couldn’t finish the song, the words escaped me; and the tears just wouldn’t stop falling.
My hand was placed on Oli’s neck as I held him to my chest, I swore for a moment I felt something…
“Oli?”
I tried to stop my hand from shaking as I placed my fingers on Oli’s neck to find a pulse…
There! It was faint but it was there! He was still a fucking live!
“Oli!” I sighed from relief, he was still with me!
“Its okay baby, I’ve got you…I’m going to save you!” I promised him.

Stumbling out of his front door I fell to my knees with Oli in my arms; screaming for help at the people passing by on the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics in this chapter Bring Me The Horizon - It Never Ends - There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It There Is A Heaven Lets Keep It A Secret album. You Me At Six - Crash - Sinners Never Sleep album