Heart Attack Waiting to Happen

Chapter 6: The Fragile, The Broken.

Chapter 6: The Fragile, The Broken.

Josh's P.O.V

When I got back to my room, Oli was sitting up in my bed looking abit ill and confused.

His head whipped round when he heard me close my door, a look of sheer panic taking over his face.

“Where am I?” He croaked in confusion. His voice sounding a little rough and panicked.

He touched his forehead with his hand and fell back against the pillow; the hangover must have hit him.
He groaned and stirred against the pillow. Yes, the hangover defiantly hit him.

I walk over to him and sit down on the edge of the bed next to him with a glass of water and a plate of toast.

“Here drink this, I think you need it.” I smirk slightly, handing the glass of water over to him. He opens one of his eyes to see what I was offering to him and with another groan and much effort of his be half, he sits up again and takes the glass from me, taking a couple of sips.

“How are you feeling?” Stupid question I know but it was to get him talking.

“Like death.” He answers bluntly but truthfully, causing me to let out a little laugh, I’m not surprised.

“What happened last night?” He awkwardly asked, placing the glass on the bed side table.

“You don’t remember anything?”

He shook his head no making me frown.

Where do I start? He was an absolute mess. I’ve never witness anyone in that state before… he seemed so alone and it hurt to see him like that. Should I tell him everything? I still was curious why he freaked out seeing me and Amy in the kitchen last night. But right now wasn’t the right time to ask, I’ll have to save that for another time.

“Well to cut a long story short, you drank a whole bottle of Jack Daniel’s, threw up and passed out in the playground.”

“Oh.” He says, his eyes landing to his hands in his lap. He seemed abit uncomfortable but I’m not sure why.

“I couldn’t leave you like that, so I brought you back to mine.”

“Thanks.” Was all he said. Something tells me he was only going to give out one worded answers today. I let out a sigh, yet another day of the mystery of Oli Sykes.

I passed him the plate of toast I made for him, but he only pulled a face in disgust.

“Come on Oli, you need to eat something.” I smiled at him, trying to encourage him to eat a slice of toast.

“No thanks.”

“Trust me, you’ll feel loads better after you’ve eaten it.”

“I feel sick.” He protests, but I wasn’t going to let that petty excuse win. He was arguing with me and little does he know I never lose arguments.

“That’s because you haven’t eaten anything. Your body needs food to soak up the alcohol in your system.”

He huffs and turns his head away from me like a small child refusing to eat his food. But I wasn’t giving up, I will get him to eat, even if it’s just one slice.

“Please Oli, just eat one slice… for me?”

He peeks through his fringe at me, as I wore my best puppy dog eyes. This look never failed me before and I’m pretty sure Oli will give in eventually.

“It will make me feel better knowing you’ve eaten something.”

He lets out a loud sigh and turns towards me again saying nothing. I watch him as he hesitates but he finally picks up a slice of toast, biting a couple of bites out of it before putting it back on the plate.

See that wasn’t too bad was it? I said to myself as I watch him swallow the contents in disgust but I know food will make his hangover a little less horrid.

I then pass him two tablets of paracetamol, knowing that he’s eaten a little something I now know it’s safe for him to take these.

“These will help get rid of the nightmare of a headache your suffering right now.”

I probably sound like his mother nagging him with the constant food and tablets but I just wanted him to be okay. I know he’s suffering from a nasty hangover right now and I want to make him feel a little at ease and if my assistants will help him then so be it.

“You’re… you’re too nice Josh.” He says shaking his head, taking the tablets from my hand and reaching for the glass of water again.

“Yeah I know. The same reason why you won’t be my friend.” I say, feeling the smile fall from my face.

He frowns at my words and pulls the glass away from his mouth to talk.

“Seriously, you don’t want me as a friend Josh.”

“Let me be the judge of that.” I frown, feeling a little wounded by his words.

“Trust me, it’s for the best if we both just stay away from each other.”

Okay, I would be lying if I said that didn’t fucking hurt! After everything I've just done for him, hes pushing me out. What the fuck?

Why is he so against us being friends? I’ve been nothing but be nice to him. I speak to him when everyone else just ignores him, I invite him out with my friends so he wouldn’t feel left out, I take care of him when he practically drinks his body weight in alcohol and is in no fit state to even stand. And what do I do? I be the better person and bring him home, give up my bed and give him food and pain killers to make sure he’s okay and safe and this is the gratitude I get back from him?!

He’s right. I am way too nice and I defiantly don’t deserve this. Who does he think he is, my kindness not good enough for his arrogance?! Well enough is enough, see if he likes my kindness when I kick him out of my house.

We were sat in silence for awhile and I was pretty livid by this point and literally seconds away from snapping at him. But Oli’s sudden movements beat me to it, distracting me from my angered thoughts.

I see him grab hold of both his wrists and then frantically looks down at his bare tattooed arms and out of no where a sheer of panic over takes him completely.

“Where’s my hoodie?” He demands, sounding anxious.

His eyes fall to the bed and then around the room. He scrambles off the bed in a panic in desperate search for his hoodie.

“Josh where is it? Where is my hoodie?” His voice was now loud and breathless. I just stared at him from the bed, not fully understanding why he was freaking out so much about his hoodie.

“Oh er, it had sick on it so I put it in the wash.” I admitted. Why was panicking about it so much?

“I need my hoodie, I need it now Josh!” he screams. He folded his arms to his chest as I watch him back himself up into a corner in my room, hearing his breathing become more heavy and loud. It looked like he was having a panic attack.

I started to panic myself as I watch his behaviour and I fling myself off from my bed.

“Its okay, you can borrow one of mine!”

I ran to my wardrobe grabbing the first hoodie I saw and handing it over to him.

He yanked it out of my hands as he pulled his shaky arms through the sleeves of the grey material frantically and zipped it up.

He leant against my bedroom wall and slid down to the floor with his knees to his chest and his head in his hands. His whole body started to shake hysterically and sobs were being muffled.

What the bloody hell was going on? He had a panic attack? Over what? Is he crying now? What the fuck?! I don’t understand what just happened… everything was so sudden and now… well now Oli is in a ball in the corner of my room freaking out. I was so confused and scared.

I didn’t know what to do but I knelt down opposite him trying to think of the best way to calm him down.

“Oli… Are you okay?” I whispered. That was really a stupid question, of course he wasn’t okay but what was I suppose to say?!
He didn’t answer me anyway, I didn’t want to push him so I just sat and waited for him to come around.

Ten minutes or maybe more past, when he finally removed his hands from his face. His eyes were red and his cheeks were stained with tear tracks, he still looked like he was holding some tears back, but he sniffed to prevent them from falling.
My heart sunk as I looked at the poor boy sat across from me, oh Oli.

“I need to go home.” He croaked out, whilst getting up from the floor.

“Oli wait, are you okay? What’s wrong?” I ask getting up as well. I was still panicking from the whole situation, what happened to him?

“N-nothing, I just need to go home.” He mumbles, hanging his head.

“Was it because I saw your tattoos?” I questioned, trying to make sense of all this.

He looked at me baffled, waiting for me to explain myself.

“Your tattoos on your arms… are you worried because I saw them?”

“What? Oh, no…I…” He stuttered, looking down at his now fully covered arms.

“Then what’s wrong?” I asked concern lingering in my tone. I started to really worry about him. I wanted to know what was wrong with him because I just wanted to help but he suddenly snapped and shouted at me.

“Stop asking me all these questions!” he snaps, glaring at me.

“I’m… I’m worried about you.”

“Don’t! I told you before, just leave me alone!” He pushes past me and storms over to my bedroom door.

I didn’t want him to leave, not like this. I needed to find out what was wrong, I needed to know that he was okay. Can’t he see that I’m here for him?

“Oli please, don’t go. I'm sorry if I've upset you." I don’t know why I was saying sorry, I just felt like I needed to. I’d say anything to make him stay and not leave things like this.

“Goodbye Josh.” He grabs hold of the door handle and flings my door open before running out of my bedroom.

“Oli!” I yell after him thankful that my parents weren’t home. I look over the banister of the staircase and see him already at the bottom running for my front door.

“Fuck!” I shouted, hitting the banister with my hand and storming back into my room.

What the fuck was his problem? What the fuck just happened?

What did I do wrong? He’s so fucking irritating, I can’t stand him!
I was so angry at what just happened I knocked the plate of toast on to the floor, hearing it smash as I threw myself onto to my bed.

Every time I feel like I’m getting somewhere with him, he acts crazy and shuts me out! He’s this quiet shy boy one minute and the next he’s this crazy psycho… I can’t keep up!

My face was currently buried deep into one of my pillows as I tried to calm myself down from my tantrum. Tantrum being, cursing, screaming into the feathered pillow and throwing fists at my mattress for ten whole minutes. Yeah you could say Oli really pissed me off.

When I was eventually calm I reached for my phone, which I hadn’t looked at it since yesterday. There were texts from everyone asking me why I walked out last night. They all seemed pissed off at me that I left them for Oli and at the time he seemed like the best option but now I’m kind of regretting it.

I dropped my phone to the floor and buried my head back into my pillow again. It wasn’t even 10 o’clock yet and already I was having a shit day.

What a wonderful start to a Saturday morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was originally called "Bad Reaction" but I like my chapters to be lyrics and that wasnt a lyric at all so i changed it to "The Fragile, The Broken" which is Bring Me The Horizon - Hospital For Souls (and i thought the title was more fitting to the chapter aswell)