Status: Active like Mauna Loa in Hawaii

Maybe It Was You All Along

Welcome, Welcome

'Another day, another dollar' I grumbled to myself as I walked into the small high school to begin my day of work. This was my first day at a new school as a full time teacher, and to be perfectly honest, I was a little freaked out. I opened the door, not bothering to hold it open because the parking lot was deserted, and went to the office to sign in and get my room key. 
"Good morning, Jill," I said to the secretary in the window. 
"Morning, Mr. Fuentes. Have a great first day, and good luck with your group of kids. I hear the music ones are a rowdy bunch this year." She replied with a smile.
"Thanks, Jill. And call me Vic, for future reference." I grinned and took my belongings to my classroom, which was on the first floor, right around the corner of the office. I sat down at my desk, bag still in hand, and sighed. It felt like I was a student, I couldn't wait for the day to be over. I checked the clock; 7:00. I still had an hour before kids started coming into the classroom, and I didn't have to actually get up until 8:30. Luckily, music wasn't the most laborious subject to teach, so I didn't really have to move much.
I figured I should probably get some stuff done, so I sat up, turned my computer on, and looked at the class rosters. I had 4 classes and 2 free periods, plus lunch. First off, 11th graders. Second period I had open, third I had Sophomores, then lunch, then 4th open, 5th with freshman, and finally, 6th with seniors. Well, the afternoon would be a little weird, but my mornings were going to be okay.
I played mindless games on my computer until quarter after 8, noticing half of the kids were already in class. Most of them I had seen before, but hey, names aren't exactly my forté. I looked at the class list; 18 kids total, and 11 of them were already here. They all looked so young, some of them, and others could pass for my age. Even fresh out of college, 24 is still quite old if you're only 15 or 16. 
Eventually the bell rang, signalling that it was 8:30, and the national anthem played over the speakers. Announcements were spoken, and soon enough I stood up, walked to the front of the classroom, and greeted the kids.
"Hey guys, uh, my name is Mr. Fuentes," I wrote it on the board as I spoke, "And as you can probably tell I'm the music teacher here. Uh, so I've got a syllabus here, if you could take one, that's be awesome." Grabbing the small stack of papers, I handed them to a kid I recognized as Alan. He was in the 10th grade music class last year, and I had student taught in this class most of the year. He was the only ginger in the class, and he dressed more alternative than normal, with a few tattoos and always a beanie. I figured he'd be kind of my go-to in this class.
Eventually all the papers made it around the room, and I grabbed the extras from a girl in the back row.
"Okay, so I'll go through this in a second, but I gotta take attendance. So, just say 'here' or whatever when I call your name. Alan?".
"Here."
"Gabe?"
"Yep"
Austin?"
"Mmf." I heard from the back row, noticing a guy who looked half asleep and raising his hand nonchalantly. I knew him as a friend of Alan's, especially last year, when they would hang out together at lunch.
"Okay, uh..."
I finished the class list, now recognizing several more kids from the previous year. I went through the syllabus and suddenly it was 9:45 and the bell was ringing.
"Okay kids, tomorrow you'll be signing up for instruments and getting assignments!" I called as they exited my class.
The rest of the day followed a similar schedule, taking attendance, going through the syllabus, noticing kids from last year, meeting new faces and recognizing familiar ones.
Until 6th period, that is. 
Between classes, the kids had 5 minutes to get to class. Most kids could do it in about 2, but it was the first day, so I was expecting a few stragglers. The bell rang, and I counted the kids in the room; 22. That was strange, there should be 30 kids total.
I shrugged it off as nothing and started going through the attendance roster.
"Valentino?"
"Ur BOI, sir! Call me Tino though!" I heard a kid call out, all the way to the right of the room.
"Okay, Tino... Jack, Barakat?"
"What's up, Mr. Fuentes?!" The boy yelled from the back of the room. I looked up, seeing a familiar face. Actually, my neighbor. 
"Oh! Hey Jack. How was your summer?" I asked him. I knew he had gone to a camp counselor training program, but I hadn't seen him yesterday to ask him about it.
"It was awesome, sir. I met some really cool people, in fact, my best friend Alex went with me there." He told me, chuckling a little.
"That's awesome. Okay, uh, Gabe?"
"Yep, sir."
Rian?"
"'Sup?"
"Jack... Fowler?"
"Here."
"Justin?"
"Yep."
Phil?"
"Not here."
"Oh." was my reply. I marked him as absent on my paper and continued. "Jeremy?"
"He's not here either." Someone mumbled.
"Okay, Craig?"
"Not at school today either, sir." 
"Wow, okay, uh... Is Aaron here?"
"Yep, I'm here!" Aaron said, from right in front of me.
"Awesome. Tony?"
The entire class looked around, in shock that this 'Tony' kid wasn't here.
"Tony? Tony Perry?" I called again, but to no avail.
"Okay, uh-"
"Sir wait! The door!" Aaron yelled suddenly. Sure enough, I looked over and there were three or four kids outside, waiting for the door to open.
"Oh, Aaron, could you get the door?" I said to him. He jumped up and swung it open. In walked four teenagers, all with tattoos and long hair, looking like Alan and Austin this morning. I figured instead of staring at them, I should probably tell them all that they were late.
"The four of you who just walked in, what are your names?"
"Craig, Craig Owens." Said a kid with shoulder-length blonde hair and a neck tattoo, but dressed pretty normally. 
"Jeremy." Said another, this time with shorter black hair and gauged ears. I had seen him last year, behind the school with a couple friends. They were always getting into trouble.
"Phil Manansala," the third one called in a bored fashion. He had long, thick dark brown hair and a sleeve of tattoos on his left arm. He was wearing a lakers jersey and he seemed to always have a smile plastered on his face.
The last one to walk through the door said something I didn't catch.
"What was that?" I looked over to him and my breath hitched slightly. 
"Tony, Tony Perry," he repeated in a soft voice. This kid caught my eye. He had long, dark brown hair, and a dermal piercing, and- did those knuckle tattoos say STAR WARS on them? God, he was attractive. I mean, is that wrong to say? No, I mean... some people just, are attractive is all.
"Okay, the four of you, stay after class. I need to talk to you all." I said. I needed to meet this Tony guy. And plus, they all were getting a warning for being late anyways.
A little flustered, I passed out the syllabuses. Aaron snatched them and instantly shot up to give one to every student.
"No Aaron, that's okay, just take one and pass it around." I stopped him.
"Oh, okay sir. Just trying to help." He replied, but gave them to a kid sitting next to him; Justin was his name.
They made it around the room, and with just my luck, they stopped at Tony. I shook my head, grumbling to myself and walked to the back of the class to pick them up.
"Thank you, Mr. Perry," I said when I got to him and seized the papers.
"Not a problem, Mr. Fuentes," he smirked, accenting my last name in Spanish. 'Even better.' I thought. He even made my last name sound hot.
I shouldn't have jumped when I felt something brush against the bottom of my ass, but I did anyways. I flipped around, looking at none other than Tony, who smirked even bigger and gave me a little wave. My eyes grew wide, but I turned fast enough so the rest of the class didn't notice the bright red in my cheeks.
"O-okay, uh, so the syllabus. You guys are all seniors, I take it you've already been through the Junior music classes?" I asked them. They all shrugged and nodded, some more than others. 
"Awesome. So..." I went through the motions of how the class would be divided and how everything would work, including the exam and all the units we'd be studying. Finally, at 2:30, the bell rang and the school day was over.
Well, almost. I still had to talk to the four kids.
"Craig, Jeremy, Phil, and Tony, I need to talk to you all." I called out to the kids. They all groaned, Craig glaring at me, and sauntered over to my desk.
"You guys know you can't be late, right? You'll get detentions, suspensions, and even expulsions." A groan erupted from all of them. " Yeah, I know. It's the first day, so I'll cut you some slack, but don't keep this up. You can all go home now." Jeremy cheered, even though he had been in here, what, 2 whole minutes? He and Craig left, waving goodbye to Phil and Tony, who were still in front of me, staring at me in shock.
"Anything you guys need?" I asked them when they didn't get up to leave.
"Well, uh, sir, no detention or anything?" Phil said with a bit of wonder in his voice.
"Yeah, I mean, just a warning, dude." I nodded to him and leaned down to get my bag. 
"Oh. Well... Bye then." He said and sprinted- literally sprinted- out of my classroom. That just left me and Tony. Oh boy.
"Tony, you can, uh... You can go now," I said, trying not to let him notice my cheeks flaring up. I used my long hair to my advantage, looking down on the floor and acting like I misplaced something.
"Whatever you say, Vic." 
Did he just call me by my first name?
"H-how, uh, how do you know my first name?" I asked him, a little shocked.
"Jill's my aunt." He shrugged and smiled.
"Oh. Well, uh, please, don't call me Vic, okay? I think it would be, uh, better if you called me Mr. Fuentes." I mentally cringed at myself for sounding so unsure about this. What the hell was happening to me? Where did my confidence go?
"Okie dokie, Vic." He winked and started towards the door. He turned around, moving his fingers in a wave and bit his lip, raising his eyebrows at me suggestively. He then left the room. 
"Oh, my fucking god." I said and threw myself onto my chair, suddenly overwhelmed by a familiar tightening feeling in my pants.
This was gonna be a long year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, it's ronnirocketsaur, so I write Vic's POV and MadameRadke writes Tony's! Okay so I hope you liked it and I turn it over to Kadi! Love yous
- Ronni