Status: Active like Mauna Loa in Hawaii

Maybe It Was You All Along

It'll Be Alright

I was so anxious an jittery. I was happy, but I was also on edge. On the up side, I'd get to see Vic again, out of school. On the down side, I'd have to tell him about what really happened. How my dad uses me as a punching bag whenever he pleases. How I'm too weak to even try and stand up for myself.

What will he do then? Will he hug me, tell me that everything would be okay? Or would he walk out on me? Decide that I'm not worth his time nor his energy? And what would I do at that point? Well, looks like only time can tell.

~

I was getting ready for my "non- date" with Vic. It's totally a ducking date, he just won't admit it. I was in the process of picking out an outfit when Craig barged into my room. God dammit, why did we have to give him a key?

"Hey Turtle," Craig muttered, flopping onto my bed.

I frowned at him. "Craig, you okay?"

"Mom kicked me out again," he signed, shrugging it off.

Oh yeah, that's why we gave him a key. He gets into so many fucking arguments with his bitch of a mother. And every time, she kicks him out. Then, the next day, she's always begging him to come back home.

"Dude, I sorry," I murmur, giving up on picking an outfit to lie next to him.

He immediately turns over and curls up into my side. I turn over so I'm facing him too, then pull his body towards mine. He buries his face into my chest and starts to cry.

"She said she hates me Tone. That she wishes I weren't even here. She said I'm nothing but a fuckup. How can you say that to your own child Tony? How?" He cries.

I have no answers for him, so I just bring him closer to me, tighten my hold on him. His mom says some really hurtful things when they argue, some of it enough to break Craig down. I keep telling him to leave there, move in with Jaime or Jeremy, but he refuses.

"Craig," I whisper after his crying dies down. His only response is a soft, almost inaudible snore.

He's cried himself to sleep again, so I slip away from him, careful not to wake him up. I realize I'm about 10 minutes behind schedule to get ready for my date meet up with Vic. But I've known Craig longer, and as my best friend, he'll always come first. Hopefully Vic can understand that.

~

Half an hour later, it's 7:20 and I'm running seriously late. I don't tell Vic though, don't text him go inform him. I'm trying to see if he'll wait for me, just because he can. And as I walk into the restaurant and find him checking his phone, I know he's a nice guy.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I apologize as I slip into the seat across from him. "Friend troubles."

He cocks an eyebrow and tilts his head in the cutest way. "Everything alright?"

I bite my lower lip slightly, knowing it drives him crazy, and simply shrug my shoulders. I don't want to tell him about Craig. He hasn't earned that right yet. He's barely even earned the right to know about my personal life.

"Hi, my name is Cory and I'll be your server tonight. Is there anything I can get you guys?" A guy asks. I look over to him and give him a small smile.

"Um, can I just get a sprite please?" I ask softly. He nods and turns to Vic.

"And for you sir?" He asks.

"Uh, just a coke," he mumbles.

The guy nods and walks away. Vic and I sit in an awkward silence for a while, neither of us knowing what to say. I know I'll eventually have to tell him about my dad, but I don't know how.

"It was my dad," I blurt before I can stop myself.

As soon as I realize what I've said, I cover my mouth with my hands, my eyes wide. I watch as Vic cocks his head again, confusion clear on his face. Then, it all clicks in his head and I watch him slowly raise his his hand to his mouth. His eyes widen too, and I bite my lip and look down. Our server, Cory, brings us our drinks, and I'm thankful that neither Vic or I ordered anything to eat, because this is already going bad.

"T- Tony?" Vic whispers. I shake my head, fighting back tears. "Come on Tone, look at me."

I finally look up at him. He's foggy because of the tears that are clouding my vision. I blink, trying to will them away, but instead, one slips down my face. Then, I release a strangled sob. I immediately cover my mouth and try my best not to break down in front of him.

But Vic slides out of his seat, sits next to me and wraps his arms around me. I turn slightly to bury my face into the crook of his neck and just let the tears consume me. I know there's other people in the restaurant, know they're probably staring at me like I'm crazy, but I don't care.

Because Vic knows my secret, and he's still here with me. He's comforting me, he cares about me. And, as if to confirm my thoughts, he kisses the top of my head and whispers 'it's okay. I'm here. I'll always be here.'

So with that in mind, I tilt my head upwards and press my lips onto his. And, instead of pulling away like I expect him to, he tangles his fingers into my hair and kisses back.

And in that moment, despite the bruise on my face and knowing that I have more to look forward to with the days to come, everything feels perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys
Hopefully I gave Ronni enough to work with

Over to her whenever she can c:

Chapter Title Credit: I'm Low On Gas and You Need A Jacket by Pierce the Veil

Stay Sedated
-MadameRadke