Status: Active like Mauna Loa in Hawaii

Maybe It Was You All Along

Don't Waste Your Time

Mike came home later that night, probably around 11 or 12, but I wasn't paying attention to the clock or anything. I was watching a sad movie to try and make myself feel better but it wasn't working. When Mike eventually showed up, I knew he hadn't stayed at Tony's the whole time, because he had a very excited blonde girl attached to his neck when he burst through the front door. He had mumbled something to me about staying away from Tony (which I was expecting) and ran excitedly up the stairs with the girl to his bedroom. I hadn't seen them since.

It was three in the morning now and I had nothing better to do than mope around in my fuzzy pajama pants and eat mint chocolate chip ice cream. I wanted to go see Tony, to help both him and myself realize that we could get through this, but that was pretty much out of the question. A detective had come by earlier in the evening to ask me questions and I knew they were cracking down hard on my stupid case. I had deleted Tony's name and number off my phone, as well as our texts, just in case they wanted to go through it. There weren't many, but once they were deleted, I felt like something was missing, like a part of me was just... gone.

I knew I loved him, as crazy as it sounded. Victor Fuentes, in love?

Yep.

I really didn't care much what I was getting in return, I just knew I had accepted that I was in love. Although it would have been nice if Tony and I could spend these days together and be "in love" in the presence of eachother. Whatever, beggers can't be choosers.

I had tried calling him earlier from my house phone, around ten, but Tony wasn't answering and after about four calls I'm sure he turned his phone off because it went straight to voicemail. I left a bunch messages saying how sorry I was, but I gave up when I remembered how often the average teenager checked their voicemail. 

My movie ended and I felt completely stoic. Everyone at the video store said Marley & Me was a real tear-jerker, but I didn't cry one bit.

I decided on the next movie in the pile, A Walk to Remember. Now this one I was sure was going to make me cry. I mean, I could relate. It felt like Tony had died, sort of, since he wouldn't talk to me or have any form of contact with me besides earlier today. Like Landon, someone I cared about had basically been ripped from my fingers.

The difference was Tony was alive and a five-minute drive away from me, whereas Jamie had died and Landon was never going to get her back.

I felt betrayed. I had finally found someone who made me fall for them (although he was incredibly aggravating at times) and he was just taken away, and I couldn't do anything about it. Unless I wanted to lose my job, and that was pretty much out of the question. I had to have a place to live, right? Whoever was up there must really hate me, cause all this stuff going on was not funny at all. I wanted answers and a pile of money so I could just quit my job and do what I wanted.

Okay, now I'm babbling. Fuck it, the only things I want right now are Tony's lips on mine. 

I decided to text Tony one more time. Even though not many people are up at four in the morning, I just had to try.

To: Tony, 4:07
- Hey, are you still awake? I'm really sorry, again. It's my fault, I should've been more careful.

From: Tony, 4:22
- Unfortunately, i can't sleep. too much on my mind. & it's whatever, although I'm pretty sure Aaron is the one that told. I figured you should know.

To: Tony, 4:26
- What?! How do you know?

From: Tony, 4:28
- he called me after Mike left.

Well, once I get back in the classroom, I know who I'm failing...

To: Tony, 4:29
- Don't kick his ass, you'll look guilty.

From: Tony 4:36
- I am though, it doesn't matter. Look Vic, I should probably try to get some sleep. Bye.

To: Tony 4:37
- No, wait, please? You said so yourself, you can't sleep. I just want to talk to you.

From: Tony, 4:42
- Not a good idea. Goodnight, Mr. Fuentes.

I groaned and deleted the texts. Why was a putting myself through this again? Oh, right. Cause I loved the stupid kid. Gah. 



What day was it? Well it was 2 pm, that's what the clock on the wall said. I checked my phone for the billionth time this week, getting nothing. Of course, Tony couldn't talk to me, but I still had that little glimmer of hope that he would. Nothing. At least I knew it was a Thursday.

It had been probably about a week and a half since Oliver and I had that chat, and I hated being home with nothing to do. It was aggravating and boring but I didn't want to go outside because I was miserable. Mike had offered to take me out but each time I said no. I wasn't in the mood and I didn't want to make his night bad.

Cereal sounded good right now, so I jumped up from the couch (I hadn't really moved since my movie night) and ran to my kitchen. Naturally, the only cereal left from when I went grocery shopping weeks ago was Rice Chex. I rolled my eyes, but grabbed the box, a bowl, and milk. I got my cereal set and walked out of the room, but not before taking a little sugar and dumping it on top. I went back to the couch and sat down on my blanket before turning the TV on. Ellen was on and I switched to that channel. God, she was so funny, and I loved the comedy. It took away from the boring, monotonous days here.

Someone knocked on the front door and Mike shouted, from his room, "I'll get it!" It was probably a friend of his anyways, so I let him. He ran down here and opened the door, at first with a smile and then it turned to a scowl. 

"Hi, Michael, it's been a while. Is Vic here?" A familiar voice asked. Hmm... Oli!

"I'm in here, hang on..." I called and Mike still had that scowl. I shooed him away and stood up to see Oli at the door.

"Hey, come on in, sorry it's such a mess," I said gesturing to my little hideaway for the past two weeks. My hair was probably a mess but I didn't care, and neither did Oli, probably. He stepped inside, wiped his feet on the mat, and began talking.

"That's fine, uh, I need you to do something, tomorrow after school. Uh, we need to clear your stuff out of the classroom and you have to be there, as well as the detectives." He said with an apologetic look. Man, I was hoping this could all be over! 

"So you need me there tomorrow, right away at the end of the day?" I asked. Oliver nodded slowly.

"Yeah, that's right. Uh, how many times did they come by this week?" He asked me, referring to the detectives and investigators. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Five," I confessed, angry at the memory. They were notoriously good at interrogating people. It made me feel guilty for stuff I hadn't even done, let alone this...

"Yeah, i've heard they come by a lot..." he mumbled. "Okay, well, i'm sure you don't want to talk about this, and i've got to get going, but i'll see you tomorrow, Vic." He said before turning around and going to his car.

A sigh escaped me and I walked back to the kitchen. I threw a bag of popcorn in the microwave before choosing a movie to get upset over and prayed I could just enjoy the rest of my day. At least I could do something tomorrow, and maybe, just maybe, I'd see Tony on his way out. Just to see him at this point would be nice. It would be a reminder that I could get through this rough patch. He'd be my slice of cake at the end of this ridiculous work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is gross I'm really sorry you have to witness this chapter

and sorry for the four-day wait, I conjured this up this morning after I got home from the hospital. very long story. -.-

oh and my name's been changed??????????????? just so you don't freak out I'm still ronni I just like quinnciado better anyways okay sorry for my speal off to MadameRadke, love you guys

- quinnciado (aka ronnirocketsaur)
p.s. (Jesus shut up ronni) but hey we hit 100 readers! Thanks everyone for like, just, looking at this! We really do love you. c: