Status: Active like Mauna Loa in Hawaii

Maybe It Was You All Along

Why Does it Have to Be This Way?

Monday morning, I wasn't in the mood to go to school. I wanted nothing more than to laze around all day. This weekend had been horrid. My parents were constantly arging and shouting, and I was dumb enough to get in the middle of it.

I looked myself over in the mirror, a nice blackish- blue bruise was forming on the right side of my jaw. I reached up to gently touch it and immediately flinched. It was my own fault though. I should've known better than to get into my father's way. Hopefully Vic doesn't notice it.

Oh God, Vic. What I did Friday was so fucking stupid. Why did I have to go and kiss the guy? I was stoned, high out of my mind. No wonder he pushed me away. I wouldn't want me either.

After I was done getting ready, I took a few minutes to assess the bruise. I could put makeup on it, but I really don't want to. If anyone notices it and questions me, I'll just say I got into a fight. I mean, it wasn't a complete lie.

"Antonio, get your ass down here!" Craig shouted. I smiled a little. Craig, you crazy fucker.

"Don't fucking yell at me, Owens!" I shouted back before grabbing my bag.

I headed downstairs, grateful that my parents worked really early on weekday mornings and stayed late until well after midnight. That left me alone most of the time, but I didn't care. At least five out of the seven days I could have complete silence in my house. Except for Owens.

"Damn Perry, the fuck happened to your face?" Craig asked, tilting my chin upwards to get a better look at the bruise.

"Nothing Owens. Just got into a fight," I said, smacking his hand away.

"Your dad and mom get into it again, eh?" He asked, touching my shoulder. I bit my lip.

"It was my own fault. I shouldn't have gotten in his way," I said, looking down.

"There's no one here to blame except your bastard of a father. He had no right to put his hands on you," Craig seethed.

"Can we just drop it," I sighed. "We're gonna be late for school."

Craig hesitated, took one last look at the bruise, shook his head, and then grabbed my hand, leading my out to my car. I unlocked it before slipping in. I put on Pantera before backing out of my driveway, chuckling when Craig groaned.

"You and your goddamn, motherfucking Pantera," he grumbled.

"We've been friends for how long Owens? And you still hate that I listen to Pantera?" I asked, driving to the school where I'd have to face Vic.

"I don't hate that you listen to them," Craig said. "I hate that you listen to them all the time.

"Well suck it up Owens," I said, pulling into a parking spot.

"Suck my dick," Craig mumbled before opening his car door.

I shut off the ignition, took my keys out and grabbed my bag before leaning over and whispering "Grow one first."

Then, I jumped out of the car, running away from Craig. I heard him yelling behind me, causing me to laugh like an idiot. I glanced back and stuck my tongue out at him. Right as I turned around though, I slammed into someone, sending us both to the ground.

"Okay, ow," Mr. Fuentes said, sitting up and rubbing his head.

"Shit, I am so sorry Vi- Mr. Fuentes," I apologized. He looked over to me.

"Why the hell were you running in the halls anyways?" He asked. I opened my mouth to respond, but was cut off by Craig.

"I have you know Perry, I do have a dick and it's very big and suckable," Craig said, approaching us. "Oh uh, hi Mr. Fuentes."

Vic stared at Craig in horror, causing me to laugh. Craig blushed and mumbled something about getting to class before he took off running, which only made me laugh harder.

"I don't even want to know," Vic mumbles before grabbing his bag, that had fell along with us, and getting up.

"Trust me, it's as bad as it sounded," I laughed. Vic chuckled lightly before looking at me.

"Look, Tony. About Friday... What the fuck happened to your face?" He asked, lifting my chin much like Craig had.

"Nothing, I just got into a fight. It was stupid," I mumbled.

"Well, who was it?" Vic asked, obviously buying my lie. My dad.

"It was some stupid fight Vic. It doesn't matter," I said, avoiding his gaze.

"Tone!" Jaime called, waving his hands and walking up to us. "Oh, uh, hi, um..."

"Mr. Fuentes," Vic said, holding out his hand for Jaime to shake.

"Woah, you're a teacher?" Jaime asked. Vic nodded. "You're like, the shortest teacher ever."

"Jaime," I yelled, laughing again.

"What?! It's true!" Jaime defended.

"If you two are done making fun of my height," Vic started, chuckling lightly. "I have a classroom to get to."

"Bye Mr. Fuentes," Jaime said, giving him a sheepish smile.

"Bye, Jiame," Vic said. Then, he leaned in close to my ear. After school Tony. I want to know what happened."

With that, he turned around and left.

"Dude, what happened to your face?" Jaime exclaimed. Here we go again.

~

"He's your teacher?" Jaime asked as we made our way to our Spanish class.

"Who, Mr. Fuentes?" Jaime nodded. "Yeah, he's a cool guy. Teaches music. I have him as my last class. That's actually Mike Fuentes' brother," I explained.

"What? No way dude," Jaime said. I nodded.

"He's actually older than Mike," I whispered as we sat in out seats.

"Well, what's he like?" Jaime asked.

"He's funny, smart, sweet, kind, caring. Great teacher. He plays guitar just like I do. He's just such a cool guy," I said, smiling a little

"Sounds like you've got a crush," Jaime teased.

You have no idea how right you are Jaime.

"Buenos Dias, clase," Senorita Ramirez greeted.

As she started explaining what we were doing today, I let my mind drift off to Vic. What if he didn't believe me when I said it was a stupid fight? Would he pry and demand that I told him the truth? Or would he just let it go?

He'd probably let it go, shrug it off. It's not like he cares about me anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I didn't really know what to write
Over to my awesome co- author when she can c:

Chapter Title Credit: Sleeping with Sirens

Stay Sedated
-MadameRadke