Status: Complete One-shot

Glass.

Glass.

"You want to invite an ex to our wedding?" Alex voice was shocked, why would he want the man Jack was with to be there with him on the day that's worth everything? He swears his fiancé must be on something if he thinks he's going to allow it!

"I was okay with you inviting Lisa, why can't Andy receive the same treatment?" Jack questioned...Andy was with him for a short time but they've kept in touch. It was only fair to invite him, he was going to go to his wedding before Alex was 'sick' the day before and he couldn't leave him.

"Oh I wonder why?!" Alex fumed, standing up, "maybe because the last time I saw him, he was leaving OUR apartment looking very thoroughly fucked!"

Jack got off the couch, throwing his hands up in air in frustration. "Don't act all innocent, he was only there because you did exactly the same with fucking Lisa, but I looked past that because I loved you and thought we could be mature about this."

"No, you looked past that because you were guilty about cheating on me later that day!" Alex yelled at the taller man.

"So suddenly you're the better person. Because mine was recent? I remember you coming to me every time either you or Lisa cheated on each other, still forgave her! How is she different, how does she have to come to my wedding while she had you for years when I was the one who loved you and had to hold you every time she broke you apart! How come the only one who knew how I felt about you can't come because I made a huge drunken mistake with him! You know I don't want him, you know I love you, he loves his wife and I thought you loved me enough to forgive me and him!" Jack couldn't finish the sentence with the sob he released.

"So I'm guilty one again, how familiar!" He yelled, getting into Jack's space, forcing him against a wall before slamming his fist by Jack's face, the sound shocking him. "I am tired of fighting about this!" Alex pushed away from Jack, walking all the way across the room, lifting a vase by the exit and chucked it across to Jack, the glass shattering besides him.

Jack squealed at the glass spreading around him, in a pool of water and flowers. The sound of the door slamming brought him to life. Facing the wall, he fell to his knees and cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex returned the next morning, sadness washed over his body in buckets seeing the younger man crouched by the glass, he obviously hadn't moved since the fight. Getting a pan and brush he cleaned up as well as he could.

Jack woke up to aching eyes and the sound of glass being put into a bag, turning fully around he faced the smaller man looking at him with regret in his eyes. This wasn't their first fight, but it was the most intense. Sighing, he opened his arms and let Alex collapse. Both were emotionally drained. Placing a kiss to his forehead.

"How long?" Jack asked, feeling Alex stiffen in his arms.

"I'll stop I swear, but things are so hard, you know I love you, but I needed to get away." Alex was speaking of his drinking. Every since the engagement, the press have been more on their case, as have their fans and family.

"How long?" Jack spoke gently. His heart ached to see his best friend in pain.

"Three weeks." Alex was so embarrassed, feeling so weak in front of Jack was painful.

Jack started to rock them back and forth to sooth Alex of his sobbing. He was so confused, but they could get through this.

"I'm going to help you, we are in no rush." Jack pulled his hair back and placed a kiss on Alex's forehead. "I love you too much, 'Lex."