Status: we'll see how this turns out

Strength Will Find You Sooner

Right On Time

I spent the next morning feeling like total shit with a throbbing ankle as a bonus. Limping out of my room, seeing that I’m the only person inside the flat when I was expecting the lovely aroma of breakfast and tea was a really disappointing experience.

Really disappointing.

Instead of being congested from a tasty meal that my former best mate usually made, I was reminded of everything that had happened the night before.

Catching my boyfriend having sex with my best mate and Harry Styles from that One Direction boy band being genuinely nice and helping me with my sprained ankle after he bumped into me.

Yep.

With nothing better to do and still having enough time to spare before I had to get ready for work, I decided to get myself some tea and watch the telly.

I was browsing through the channels when I stopped as I saw a familiar face appear on the screen. I realized that what I was watching was an interview with one particular boy band.

One Direction, specifically.

My eyes went wide when as I saw a photo of Harry carrying me on his back from last night on the screen.

“So, Harry, we heard you had a fun night with a particular lady last night.” I heard the interviewer say.

“Well, I guess you could say it was fun.” He replied with a knowing expression on his face.

“May I ask who this lovely lady is and what she is to you?”

“I don’t really think I should answer that question for now.” He answered with pursed lips and looking like he was trying not to smile.

What.

Why would he even reply with that? It isn’t that hard to answer honestly, yeah?

The interview continued with questions about their upcoming album and quirky answers coming from the other boys. When it ended, I decided that I would call Harry Styles and ask what his deal was but I when I looked at the clock, I cursed silently as it said that I had about 15 minutes left to get ready for work.

I worked as a barista at a small coffee and tea shop called The Coffee-tea-ria (really, really lame pun, I know) with Scarlett.

Work. With. Scarlett

I cringed at the thought of it.

I lazily got up off the sofa (with my ankle still throbbing, of course) and got ready to go to work.

With a small trip involving me hailing a cab because I obviously cannot walk my way to The Coffee-tea-ria, I arrived right on time. I changed into my barista clothes and made my way to the counter. I felt relieved when I saw that Scarlett wasn’t here.

Until I heard her annoying chirpy voice.

“Sorry I’m late!” She exclaimed as I rolled my eyes.

I continued to do what I had to do, addressing people and making them their coffee or tea seeing as it was early in the morning. The shop soon only had a few customers sitting around and drinking their beverages when I heard Scarlett ask me a question.

“Hey, what’s wrong with your foot?” I chose to ignore her and continue wiping the already spotless counter.

“I watched a One Direction interview on Blake’s telly earlier this morning and happened to come upon a photo of some random girl oddly looking quite a lot like my best mate riding Harry’s back and it is actually really odd, yeah? I mean, you don’t actually know Harry Styles, do you?” She rambled on.

My mind was filled with hundreds of huge question marks.

She still stayed at Blake’s last night? Best mate? She had the nerve to mess around with my then boyfriend and still dared to call me her best mate and ask me this?

I continue ignoring her when I heard her sigh and went on opening her stupid mouth again. “Look, Daisy, I’d really like to apologize but I sort of don’t feel sorry about what had happened. I know you and Blake were still together but I knew your relationship wasn’t the same these past few weeks so I approached Blake to talk about it then one thing led to another; new feelings and other things happened. I’d want to say sorry for breaking your relationship apart but we both know that that isn’t true since you guys were already broken apart. I think I somehow did both of you a favor so maybe hearing what I had to say can still make us best mates?”

I stopped wiping the counter and took every willpower I had to not slap her then and there. I glanced at the clock at saw that it was time for me to end my shift.

“We are certainly not best mates. Let alone mates, Scarlett. You make me absolutely sick.” I replied coldly with a glare at her direction.

I simply limped my way out, hailing a cab, not even bothering to change back into my own clothes, leaving her staring at the space where I used to stand.
♠ ♠ ♠
(chapter title credit: Diane Young - Vampire Weekend)

I know I said I'd post this this weekend but I didn't
sorry
wah
Special thanks to Georgy for helping me (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~
Comments????????
bye