The Chaser and the Keeper

► Living with the Consequences

Image

***

James looked around a sterile looking room, trying to figure out where he was.

“You’re awake!” Lily exclaimed as she approached him.

If Lily was there, then it meant he wasn’t in the boy’s dormitory. The ceiling wasn’t blue, so he wasn’t still outside. All this thinking was making his head hurt.

“Where am I?” James asked.

“You’re in the hospital wing,” Lily replied, “That brilliant plan of yours backfired. Most of your team and the Ravenclaw team have been in the hospital wing.”

James looked around. It didn’t seem like there were tons of people in the hospital wing. Rose was a couple beds down, awake and talking to her boyfriend, Scorpius Malfoy. He noticed some other people lying in bed, and didn’t know if they were still unconscious or if they were just staring at the ceiling.

“Am I the last one to wake up?” James asked.

“No, you’re not,” Lily replied, “Andrew, Albus, Kristen, and Kailey are still unconscious.”

“Oh. When did everyone else wake up?”

“Well, over the past week Tony, Jessica, Taylor, Jason, and Alex woke up. Rose just woke up today. It was quite funny when Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione came in. Scorpius was here and almost got caught by Uncle Ron. He had to hide under the bed!”

James and Lily laughed. Rose had been dating Scorpius for four months but she wouldn’t tell her family. They all kind of hated Scorpius just because he was Draco’s son. Scorpius was a really nice kid. He was even in Gryffindor, which pissed off his parents.

“Wait, how long have I been unconscious?” James asked.

“A little over a week,” Lily replied, “Who knew it took people so long to wake up after being knocked unconscious?”

Harry and Ginny Potter walked into the room, and upon seeing James, their expressions turned very angry. Noticing the look of fear on James’s face, Lily turned around, and walked away, deciding it was better to get away before her parents started going crazy on her brother.

“Hi mom, hi dad,” James stated hesitantly as his parents approached.

“What you did was extremely reckless and stupid. You’re lucky that none of these kids seem to be seriously injured! Your stupid plan made eleven people, including yourself, end up unconscious in the hospital wing! You should be ashamed of yourself James Sirius Potter!” Ginny reprimanded.

“Listen to your mother, James! If you want to beat Ravenclaw, practice more! I swear your pride will be your undoing!” Harry continued.

“I’m sorry,” James replied, “I was an idiot. Who ended up winning the game?”

“Gryffindor did,” Ginny replied, “But if I have any say, there will be no celebrating! You should be ashamed of what you did!”

“Your parents are correct,” McGonagall said, making her way towards the bed, “Meet me in my office with the beaters tomorrow night at seven o’clock.”

“Why should I be punished? The beaters are the ones who should be getting punished!”

“You were the one who told Fred and Tyler to knock start this war in the first place! You should definitely be punished!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Your mother and I have decided that along with whatever punishment McGonagall gives you, you will apologize to everyone on your team and the Ravenclaw team individually. Especially Kristen Wood. Also, you will be grounded for the entire summer,” Ginny added.

“That’s not fair!” James exclaimed.

“Neither is telling your team mates to knock people unconscious,” Harry glared coldly.

“You better hope that everyone else turns out alright and that they don’t have any serious injuries,” Ginny said, “Goodnight James.”

With that, Harry and Ginny walked over to the bed where Albus was still lying there unconscious. James was now feeling extremely guilty. Hopefully, no one would end up too damaged.

“I’m an idiot,” James mumbled to himself.