The Chaser and the Keeper

► Apologizing

Image

***

Later that night, Andrew opened his eyes. He had not remembered ever going to the hospital wing. It was very clear to him where he was, because no place at Hogwarts was as white and dull as the hospital wing. The last thing he remembered was a bunch of people getting purposely knocked out of the sky by bludgers.

He rolled over to his side to see Kristen’s bed right next to his. She was still unconscious, which Andrew wasn’t happy about. He wasn’t sure what day it was. However, he was sure some time had gone by. He remembered James, Rose, and some other people being knocked unconscious who were no longer there.

“I’m glad to see you’re awake,” he heard someone say.

Rolling on to his other side, Andrew saw that Kailey was awake, staring at the ceiling.

“I’d rather be asleep to be honest. I’m in quite a bit of pain,” Andrew stated, causing her to look over at him, “How long have you been awake?”

“ I woke up around lunch time,” Kailey replied, “Madame Pomphrey won’t let me leave until tomorrow morning. She’ll probably say the same to you.”

“Do you know what day it is?”

“It’s Monday, around seven thirty.”

Andrew’s eyes went wide. He hadn’t expected that long to have gone by. He had missed all his classes for that day. What worried him more though was the fact that Kristen and Albus were still lying there unconscious. That wasn’t a good sign.

“I’ve been unconscious for two days?” Andrew asked.

“No, actually, we’ve been unconscious for nine days,” Kailey replied.

“What exactly happened?”

“Long story short, James got tired of Kristen beating him at quidditch and told your beaters to knock everyone off their brooms, which caused our beaters to retaliate. Their stupidity landed eleven of us, including James and Tony, into the hospital wing,” Kailey explained.

“Who ended up winning the cup?”

“Gryffindor did. No one really cared about it though. Everyone was worried and pissed that so many people were knocked unconscious.”

Andrew took a minute to soak in the information. For no one to really care that Gryffindor had won, meant that the game had been as bad as it sounded. He couldn’t believe that James would do something like that. Well, actually, he could. James was known for doing stupid thing, especially when Kristen was involved. However, he hadn’t expected his friend to go that far to knock her, and ten other people, unconscious. That was just crazy.

The doors of the hospital wing flew open and Savannah walked in. When she saw that Andrew was awake, she rushed towards him, giving him a big hug.

“Thank Merlin you’re awake!” Savannah exclaimed, “It’s been over a week and neither you nor Kristen had woken up. Mom and dad were driving me crazy! They kept sending owls! I received one during Transfiguration today! Hopefully they’ll clam down slightly! I’m glad you’re alright though. I hope Kristen will wake up soon and then we can all be happy.”

“I hope so too, Savannah. So what have you been up to lately?” Andrew replied.

“Lily and I have been helping Madame Pomphrey in the hospital wing. It’s actually kind of fun, and it makes me really happy when people wake up. She said we can help out as long as one of our siblings is still in the hospital wing.”

“That sounds fun.”

“I’ll be right back. I have to tell McGonagall that you’re awake so that she can let mom and dad know.”

With that, Savannah hopped off the bed and sprinted out of the hospital wing.

“You’re sister has way too much energy,” Kailey stated.

“Tell me about it,” Andrew muttered.

***

Stephanie and Oliver Wood rushed into the hospital wing. When they saw their son, they grinned widely. Over a week without either of their kids waking up was nerve racking. Of course, they were still incredibly worried that Kristen hadn’t woken up yet, but the fact that Andrew had made them feel slightly better.

“I’m so glad you’re alright,” his mom said, wrapping him in a bone crushing hug and causing him to flinch.

“We were really worried about you, Andrew,” his dad added.

“I’m fine,” Andrew stated, “You should really be worried about Kristen though.”

“We are too. You do really have some assholes for friends.”

Andrew hated it, but he had to agree with his dad on this. James and Fred could be assholes at times, and that quidditch game proved it.

The doors of the Hospital Wing opened and Louis, Fred, and James walked in. Andrew could tell his dad was going to hurt his friends if he didn’t do something quickly. He glanced at his mom, sending her a pleaded look. His friends may be assholes, but he didn’t want them dead or injured.

“Let’s go check on Kristen,” Stephanie stated, grabbing her husband’s arm and dragging him away from the approaching teenagers.

“We’re glad you’re awake,” Louis said, standing at the foot of Andrew’s bed.

“Yeah, we really didn’t mean for you to end up unconscious,” Fred added.

“How badly did you guys get punished?” Andrew asked.

“We all have detention every day for the rest of the year. We also have to apologize to every person on both teams for our terrible behavior. We were also told that if someone ends up severely injured we will suffer the consequences, whether it’s getting kicked off the quidditch team, expelled, or put in Azkaban,” James replied, “I really hope she was joking about the last part.”

“McGonagall doesn’t joke.”

James’s face went noticeably paler. He didn’t think he would do very well in Azkaban.

“I’m sorry Andrew for knocking out you and your sister along with a ton of other people because I decided to listen to my idiot of a cousin,” Fred stated.

“I’m sorry too Andrew. I shouldn’t have let my hatred for your sister cause me to do something incredibly stupid just to win the quidditch cup,” James added.

“We’re glad that you’re OK though,” Louis said, “It wasn’t very good that you were unconscious for so long.”

“I just wish Kristen and Albus would wake up. They had no part of that stupid plan of yours whatsoever and yet they’re the ones who are left unconscious. Final exams start next week. Do you know how pissed Kristen is going to be when she wakes up and realizes how much study time she’s missed?” Andrew stated.

“Yeah, she’s definitely going to be really pissed,” James replied.

With that, Fred and James walked over to Kailey, hoping they’d be able to right some of the wrongs they had done.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Shebang, shebang!! Big bro is up. alive and kicking! Al and Kristen is still knocked out.. What in the world would happen now?