Merch Girl.

Phoenix.

It was the best thing to happen to her, in her life, she was a girl in Portland then boom! Bought a pre-order, and she was the merch girl for the 8123 tour, arriving in Arizona for a six week tour of the USA, this was awesome, she went inside the Marquee with her pass, looking for Tim, ‘Hi, I’m looking for Tim’ ‘you’re the merch girl, right?’ ‘I am?’ ‘follow me, I’m Sweet P’ she smiled, ‘cool nickname-’ ‘thanks, they worked on it’ they laughed following, ‘the girl Tim’ she saluted, he laughed, ‘reporting for duty, huh?’ ‘well, it feels like it’ they laughed, ‘you’ll be fine, do your job, stay out of the way’ ‘well, I did a degree in Music, so if there’s anything I can do-’ Tim nodded, ‘any good with the technical stuff’ she nodded, ‘yeah, I’m a producer, I like to think so’ Tim nodded impressed, ‘well, Sweet here, will help you, Lucy right?’ she nodded, ‘and, you’ve got cash, right?’ ‘I think I’ll need it’ they laughed, ‘good, have a good tour’.

Lucy threw the bag on the bus bunk, ‘hey, Lucy, right?’ she nodded, ‘awesome, I’m Pat’ she smiled, ‘lovely to meet you, it seems I’m making up for lack of seeing you live, by seeing you 30 times’ he laughed, ‘you’ve not seen us live?’ ‘I saw you at Warped, that’s all, stuck with you’ he smiled, ‘awesome, so you looking forward to tour?’ ‘yeah, it’ll be fun, I think be good to theory into practical hopefully’ he smiled, ‘you’re a music graduate’ ‘indeed’ she smiled, she rolled her sleeves up, ‘so, where do I get started?’

Heading to a van Sweet had sent her to, she picked up boxes and arranged shirts around the tables and pinned the shirts to the board, ‘nice job’ ‘I - thanks’ she smiled putting down the prices on the table, ‘you’re a natural’ ‘brother has a band, done it enough’ ‘good band?’ ‘not my thing to be honest, they’re a little bit screamy?’ Sweet laughed, ‘so, do they tour?’ ‘oh no, been going a few months, but they’re confident, which makes up for their lack of talent apparently’ ‘he’s your brother’ ‘it’s just my opinion’ laughing again, ‘who’s this?’ she looked down, ‘this is Lucy’ ‘nice job’ she smiled, ‘she’s the merch girl winner’ ‘well done’ ‘thanks’ she nodded, ‘this is John’ shaking hands, ‘pleasure’ ‘mutual’ he smiled, ‘you know-’ ‘yes, he’s the singer’ they laughed.

The first show went well, but she was rushed off her feet taking people’s money and giving them what they wanted, ‘nice to meet y’all’ she smiled, finishing off the last few customers, she finished up rubbng her eyes in Tempe, ‘are you the merch girl?’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘I’m Jenny’ ‘nice to meet you’ ‘I’m John’s mum-’ ‘I had a feeling, what’s up?’ ‘can you keep an eye on him?’ ‘I think for 6 weeks that’s my job, absolutely’ ‘mum, what’s up, you want a shirt?’ ‘we were just chatting only girl on tour’ ‘I’ll be good ma’am’ she smiled, ‘of course, you’ll be good?’ ‘course’ ‘good’ he nodded, ‘Lucy seems to be quite good at this’ ‘thanks’ beginning to pack up and put the stuff back in the van.

Nothing preparing for the next 6 weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?