Merch Girl.

Chicago.

‘Two fucking days in Chicago!’ she grinned, ‘like this place?’ ‘CM Punk comes from here, so does Colt Cabana, and it has the best comic stores, and the Bean and it had that giant Marilyn Monroe-’ ‘you really like this place’ ‘I do’ John smiled 'me too', ‘there’s this arcade too, full of free games, it’s run on donations, it’s fucking awesome’ he smiled, ‘show me the way now’ ‘oh come on, you have to take us all’ ‘fine’ she sighed, knowing they had a couple of hours to kill, she led them to the arcade, ‘this is cool’ ‘really old school too, it’s awesome’ heading for an old Pacman game, he followed, ‘so much for a date, huh?’ they giggled, ‘don’t worry, it’s all good’ putting 20 dollars in the donations box, ‘how come you know the place so well?’ ‘I studied here, chicago school’ he smiled, ‘miss it already?’ ‘I don’t know, I have a lot of homes’ he smiled, ‘me too’.

John walked back with her, Nick walking with them, ‘so, you know Chicago well?’ ‘I do’ she nodded, ‘I know what’s coming, Lilly’s is awesome tonight’ John smiled, Nick smiled too, ‘good, glad we’re on the same wavelength’ ‘good music, good beers, they have exclusive ones, good british one’s I’d recommend, when I was a student, I tried every single one’ they laughed, ‘nice work’ laughing, heading in the venue, ‘so, when did you start liking her’ ‘the second I met her?’ John smiled, ‘she’s quite something, isn’t she?’ ‘she is everything I ask for’ Nick laughed, ‘that’s an old one’ ‘the definition changes’.

Lilly’s was busy when 20 people came in following her, she ordered a bottle of her favourite beer, ‘wanna dance?’ Joel asked, ‘sure’ dancing goofy, John smiled, ‘it felt just like love and drugs’ seemed so apt, ‘come on John, dance with me’ ‘I can’t dance’ Lucy smiled, ‘neither can I’ ‘can’t sing’ ‘neither can I’ she smirked, ‘and, that’s bullshit’ he grinned, ‘I am not going to quit so get up, stay up get down, practice what you preach’ ‘it was years ago!’ ‘I don’t care’ he smiled, ‘fine’ taking her hand, she pulled him up, ‘don’t go all michigan left on me’ ‘huh?’ ‘a michigan left, when you have to go one way, to go another’ he smiled, ‘it’s not an Arkells reference, though it’s an awesome album’ he smiled, ‘same’ ‘bloodlines’ ‘I like that too’ they laughed, holding her waist, ‘I’m glad you’re here’ ‘after 4 beers I won’t be tomorrow’ he laughed, ‘mutual’.

Lucy helped him on his bunk, as she quickly changed, she didn’t care if people saw, slipping in bed, ‘you’re beautiful’ she smiled, looking at him, ‘so are you’ he grinned blushing, ‘be nice to hear it sober too’ ‘I promise’, when John woke up the following morning he rubbed his head, but crawled over to Lucy, and poked her, ‘hey?’ rubbing her head, ‘hmm?’ ‘darling, you’re beautiful’ she smiled as John kissed her deeply, ‘and, you may think you’re convenient, but you are far from it darling, cos I know you’ll be gone, and I’ll still be falling’ she smiled, ‘mutual’ they giggled, kissing again, ‘anyway, I have advil to find’ he laughed, ‘me too’.