Status: Please read it's my first :)

The World and Us

Secrets

I wake up to the sound of silence. Deep meaningful silence. That kind which screams so loudly in your ear. I stretch upwards impatiently, embracing the silence. I know why the world was silent. It's moving day. Moving day in the past meant moving house. You'd pack your backs and furniture and stuff then move a town away or something. My parents talked about it from when they were kids.
This move is different.
We're moving planet.
Ten thousand ships are taken to this place. Nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine ships have left. One left, the one we go on.
"Jaime get your backs now," my Mum says as she bursts through the door. I groan loudly. The world starts to buzz lightly but the excited silence stays inside my house. My mum starts to take the boxes of my stuff out the room so I grab my clothes from a box and run to the bathroom.
I've been on a plane before. Twice before so I knew what to wear. I slip my flowing auburn hair into a simple high ponytail. Then I pull on my dark green jeans and an old jumper. These were so comfy.
When I walk back into my room, I find it empty. Just my bag with my phone, headphones and a book. My Dad bursts in and tells me to get in the car. My jar drops as it hits me that this will be the last day on earth. I trail my hand along the wall of the staircase. I brush of the dirt from the floor with my feet.
"You ready?" Dad asks nicely.
"Why do we have to go?" I beg and his arms creeps around my shoulder.
"You know why Jaime," he says and grabs my bag for me.
"There's nothing wrong though," I protest.
"I'll tell you on the spaceship. Think about the positives, not the negatives. We're going to a whole new planet," he exaggerates. It will still be the same people as on earth. They'll create countries start empires and wars. Start global warming and destroy the alien animals. I know it will happen. It happened on Earth. How do they know it won't happen on this new place.
"Tell me now," I snap but he turns his head in impatience. He does this when he's angry.
"On. The. Spaceship. Ok?" He says angrily and his nostrils flare. My dad has a short temper. I already knew that. But what I didn't know was why we were leaving the planet. Sure, I was excited but I didn't understand anything though.
"Jaime, you got your hairbrush?" Mum shouts at me.
"Yes," I reply impatiently.
" Toothbrush?"
"Yes,"
"Pyjamas?"
"Yes!"
Mum starts to say something else but I interrupt her before she asks me amything else.
"Mum I'm fifteen, not five anymore! I know how to pack my bag," I complain and mum raises an eyebrow. It's evident to me that she doesn't like my tone. I rush past her into the car to escape the next lecture she was going to give me.
I reach to find the seat belt and that's when I realise it. This car wasn't ours.
"Good morning," the driver turns to greet me.
"Who are you?" I ask rudely.
"Jaime this is Carl, he's driving us to the spaceship," Dad introduces him and Carl smiles at me.
" I'm ready, I'm ready," Mum mumbles as she slams the car door shut behind her. "Morning Carl," she addresses the driver.
" You know him?" I whisper across to mum.
"I'm being polite Jaime," she explains.
I yawn and turn to place my head upon the cool window. Thoughts run through my head. But I knew one thing. Why we were going was important. And they weren't telling me