Status: Please read it's my first :)

The World and Us

Darkness

I wake up to the sound of silence once again. Deep meaningful silence. This was different though. This was silent fear.
I open my eyes to black. Pitch black. Was I on the spaceship? Dad told me it was just like a plane. But then, there have been some secrets already. I stretch open my cold, stiff fingers to touch the ground beneath me. That might give me some idea to where I was. All I felt was dust and dirt. Outside, I was outside. I reach out to see if I can find anything. Nothing. Not even a rock.
Oh my god. Where are my parents? Were they, were they dead? No they couldn't be. Could they? My heart hammers inside my bruised chest, letting me know that I'm alive. Not dead. Like my parents could be.
Don't think that Jaime. Don't you dare. They were alive. Alive and on that spaceship. Think positive. Dad always told me to think positive. The negatives bring you down. But there aren't any positives here. Jist darkness and cold. Oh how cold I was.
I tense the muscles in my legs to check that they work. They did. Slowly, but surely, I lifted myself up. My head swims from standing up too quickly. I brush that aside. That was pretty minor compared to the situation I was in. All there was was darkness. Nothing else. Except the silence.
I stumble towards my left to see if I could find anything. Tears start to stream down my cheeks. Oh how scared I was. More scared than the time I got lost in the maze. Or the time there was a huge spider in my bed. Even more than the time my dad became drunk and was shouting at me. This was a major problem.
Reaching my arms out in front of me, I continue to stagger foward. Still nothing. The tears fall faster and my eyes sting from too much dark.
Then, I touch something.
It felt soft and smooth. Like a fabric or something.
It definitely wasn't the wall.
Then a growly voice comes from the darkness.
"Ahaha, she's awake,"