Conflicted

Messing with Free Will.

Rain slipped out of bed, crouching so her head didn't hit the sloping wooden ceiling. Dust danced along to the sound of her breathing, in and out of the thin stream of light emanating from the tiny window. She walked slowly to the window and opened it, leaning out into the early morning air. Immediately her steel bronze gaze went to the sky, and her eyes narrowed. She wondered if her father was looking down on her at that moment, but as soon as the thought entered her mind she scolded herself.

She retreated back into the dark safety of her tiny attic home and looked to the girl in her bed. She had cropped black hair, a few hoops in her ears and tattoos on her arms. Rain couldn't quite remember the girl's name, but it didn't matter. She wouldn't remember anything when she left the building. Not unless Rain wanted her to, anyway. Maybe she'd be a fun little plaything to keep in the attic, Rain thought with a smirk. She wandered sleekly over to the bed and sat next to her sleeping human, running a cold finger down that pretty, elfish face. The girl stirred but didn't wake.

Rain had picked her up at the supermarket the previous night, on an impulsive whim. She'd seen the tattoos and the piercings on the girl's body and the cigarettes and alcohol in her basket, and those things alone drew Rain to her. She was exactly the type of girl her father disapproved of. Of course, she'd been tangled in her boyfriend's embrace but Rain had been quick to change that. She couldn't even remember her boyfriend now.

She smiled, stroking the soft black hair on the girl's head. She was really very pretty. She looked like a Tori or a Roxy, something punchy and full of attitude. Maybe she'd call her Blaze. That would be a nice contrast to Rain's name.

She prodded Blaze awake, and the mortal girl's eyes fluttered open to reveal a bronze colour exactly matching Rain's. She smiled, recognition filling her features, and her hand found Rain's cheek, caressing it softly. Rain smiled benevolently, leaning into Blaze's touch and holding the mortal girl's hand there.

"Good morning," murmured the human, pulling Rain's face gently down so their lips collided.

Rain let her eyes flutter closed, permitting her human to take charge for the moment. She shifted her body, straddling the other girl and kissing her back hard. She could practically feel her father's furious gaze on her as her hand crept up the mortal girl's silk top, stroking her stomach gently. Slowly, she increased the pressure on the girl's soft skin, dragging her fingernails hard so that she cried out. Rain felt power surge through her, this poor girl just a tiny ant beneath her foot. What a beautiful thing it was, to hold a life in her hand.

A devilish grin touched Rain's lips as her teeth closed over the other girl's lower lip, making her moan. She held the girl's hips in a vice-like grip between her knees. She felt no sympathy for the helpless mouse beneath her sharp claws.

"You're mine now," she hissed in the girl's ear, and the girl nodded obediently. "What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Daisy," whimpered the girl, and Rain chuckled darkly.

"Not anymore," she murmured, planting tiny kisses down the helpless girl's neck. "You're Blaze now. And you're never to leave this loft, understand?"

Blaze nodded again, and Rain beamed, satisfied. She leaned forward to kiss the girl's soft lips once more before rolling off the bed and making for the bathroom to shower, pulling her long blonde hair into a rough ponytail as she padded out of the room. Blaze stayed where she was, glancing uncertainly around the loft as Rain left a trail of clothes behind her.

She stepped into the shower and the water turned on obediently; she didn't even need to touch the taps. She sighed as the steamy water hit her bare body, relaxing her muscles. She didn't feel like staying in today; she wanted to go into town to cause some chaos. She wanted to step on more tiny little ants with her favourite black stiletto heels.

As the water washed any grime from her beautifully curved body, she thought about her new pet. Blaze must've been about nineteen. Had she lived with her parents or her boyfriend? Did she have friends who would miss her? How long would it be before her picture showed up in the paper, declaring her missing? None of these things mattered, of course. No one would ever find her if Rain didn't want them to.

Knocks pelted the door as she pulled on underwear and an oversized black t shirt with a pentagram on it, and she swept over, yanking her hair out of its ponytail and shaking it out as the door swung open to reveal a familiar face.

He had soft, kind features with bronze eyes that almost exactly matched Rain's, and he wore a crisp black suit and a gold tie. His hair went in perfect blonde waves and stopped at his shoulders. A thin shadow of stubble was starting to show on his angelic features, and Rain smirked, hoping she was the cause of his stress. He was usually so perfectly groomed; something had to be bothering him.

"Gabe," she sneered through the small gap in the door. "To what do I owe this displeasure?"

"Good afternoon, daughter," sighed Gabriel, crossing his arms firmly.

"It's afternoon?" smirked Rain, glancing at her father's watch. "I just got up."

His gaze flitted disapprovingly to her exposed legs and he clicked his tongue. It was one of the rules to treat everyone equally as an Operator, but Gabriel couldn't help reserving all his hatred for his beloved daughter. It amused Rain, to see her father struggling to obey the laws. She and her father really weren't so different; she knew he stored a lot of rage in that perfect body of his.

"I just thought I'd check on you," grumbled Gabriel. "It's been a week, you know."

"Yeah," confirmed Rain, her brow furrowing, "I can count, Gabe."

"Can't you just...?" he trailed off, breathing heavily, clearly doing his best not to strangle her. "I, um, wanted to know how you've been doing since, you know, you left."

"Fine," she assured him, rolling her bronze eyes. "I got a new friend. Blaze, come here, darling."

She smirked as Blaze padded over, only wearing a silky belly top and underwear. Rain wasted no time in pulling Blaze in by the fabric of her loose-fitting top and pressing their lips together, slipping her tongue past Blaze's teeth and grinning into the kiss. Gabriel's eyes widened as they pulled out of the kiss, his mouth dropping at the sight of his daughter's new 'friend'.

"Her eyes..." he stammered, sorrow overcoming his angelic features. "Y-you..."

"She's all mine, Gabe," smiled Rain innocently. "Isn't that nice? Her eyes used to be a nice shade of mucky brown, but I thought gold would suit her better, wouldn't you agree?"

"You can't mess with free will, Ga-"

"Yes, I can," Rain snapped, cutting him off before he could use their stupid shared name. "I don't work for Him anymore, Gabriel. I can do whatever the hell I want."

"You monster!" he cried, jabbing her hard with his finger. "I'll see you're stripped of your powers for this, I swear to-"

"Who?" said Rain with a smirk. "Surge? He's not going to help you. He's a little ball of energy in the ground."

"He'll get you for this," snarled Gabriel, his face contorting. "Just you wait."

With that he swept out and Rain slammed the door behind him. She turned back to Blaze, who looked confused and frightened, and Rain smiled at her reassuringly, pulling her into a hug. Blaze hugged back without question, and Rain could feel her heart hammering against her chest. It was an odd sensation; Rain had no need for a heart. She was immortal.

"Who was that?" Blaze whispered. "He scared me."

"It's okay, sweetie," soothed Rain, stroking her human's short hair. "No need to be afraid of angels."

It's their children you need to be wary of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I like it a bit better now. It's kind of inspired by Final Fantasy XIII.