‹ Prequel: Madness

Just Bent

We're Collecting Dust

I assume its not everyday that one gets to hang out with a Stanley Cup champion, gold medal holding, Norris trophy winning, All Star defenseman. Unless you live with one of course but mine is only two for four on that list, for now. ;)

I had the chance to catch up with my friend Duncan Keith earlier and I picked his brain on hockey, life, and love. I met Duncan in the summer of 2009 and we've been friends ever since. So when I decided he was going to be my first victim, he didn't have a choice. So without further ado....

SaltNPekka(SP): On a scale of one to Sharpy, how scared are you to face the Preds in the playoffs again?

Duncan Keith (DK): On a scale of one to Sharpy of being scared of you, I'm an eleven so I'm going to say I'm a twenty on Nashville. (Laughs) Seriously though, it's a really good team, a lot of great players. And Rinne is a tough goaltender to beat. Another playoff series like last year is not high on my to do list.

SP: That was a good series.

DK: Your team is tough.

SP: Yes they are. But so are the Blackhawks.

DK: Are you cheering for us?

SP: When you don't play us I do. Let's play a little word association. I'll throw out a player, you tell me the first word that comes to mind. Ready?

DK: Ready.

SP: Seabrook.

DK: Best friend.

SP: Kane.

DK: Idiot.

SP: Toews.

DK: Intense.

SP: Lundqvist.

DK: Brick wall.

SP: Weber.

DK: Lucky. (winks)

SP: (rolls eyes, throws pen at DK) Josi.

DK: Talented.

SP: Crosby.

DK: Gold medal. (Pauses, then laughs) Don't roll your eyes. It was a great goal. You saw it.

SP: Doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm American by the way.

DK: I know and I don't hold that against you or Kaner.

SP: (rolls eyes) For the ladies out there, single? Taken? Looking?

DK: Single and looking.

SP: What kind of girl tickles Duncan Keith's fancy?

DK: Down to earth, smart, funny, low maintenance...fun loving, caring, and able to stand on her own two feet. Independent but still needs me. Kind, considerate.

SP: Does that girl exist though?

DK: (smiles) She does. The question is, will lightning strike twice so I can find that girl and call her my own this time?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and I'm sorry.....I promise the next update will be longer. My new job is kicking my butt right now but I am off this weekend so I hope to churn out some writing, maybe update more than once a week on this.

I know I said you'd meet someone new this update but apparently I lied. Next update though.

In the meanwhile, if you haven't already checked it out, I have a Jeff Carter with a side of Mike Richards (non slash) story going on that I am co-writing with KingHankie. Can be found here: http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/523879/Ready-Aim-Fire/

I also have a little Eric Tangradi one shot that I am sort of in love with that I entered into a contest here: http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/525515/Speechless/

And it's not ready just yet but if you've been with me from the beginning you might enjoy this one that is coming soon...... http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/519953/Last-Time/