‹ Prequel: Madness

Just Bent

You Were a Thief

The rest of the night passed quickly and Amanda never had a chance to get Duncan alone to ask him the questions that plagued her thoughts. She went home and slept, Izzy waking her the next morning.

“It’s game day!” Izzy called out happily, jumping up onto the bed with Amanda.”Come on! The game is at one and it is ten thirty.”

Amanda yawned and stretched before sitting up. “You are very excited. This doesn't have anything to do with a certain New York Ranger, does it?”

Izzy blushed and rose from the bed. Amanda got up and followed her. “Iz!! Tell me!”

“There isn’t anything to tell. He came by the bar last night.”

“And?”

“And we kissed again.”

“That’s it?”

“I might have given him a blow job in the back room.”

“Izzy!”

“He’s fucking hot, Amanda.”

“But that isn’t you.”

“I know but I figured what the hell. You only live once. Anyway, Rick told me to give this to you. It’s from Camille,” Izzy said, grabbing a small gift bag from the kitchen counter.

Amanda took the bag and looked inside, pulling out a red t shirt with the Blackhawks logo on the front. She turned it around to see the number two and Keith across the back. “I have a Rangers one with Rick’s name and number, also from Camille,” Izzy explained.

Amanda sighed and set the shirt down. “Rick didn’t talk about Camille at all with you, did he?”

“No. I mean, he mentioned that she’s really close to the captain of his team, that they grew up together and that she’s a huge Rangers fan. Why?”

“I feel like there is something between her and Duncan that no one is telling me.”

“Why don’t you ask him?”

“I was going to last night but I never got a chance. I tried pumping one of the other guys for information but that got me nowhere.”

“Did you ask Camille?”

“Yeah, but she said there was never anything, that they’re just friends. It feels like they’re hiding something though.”

“She’s married. If there was anything, its obviously not something major. Otherwise everyone would be talking about it.”

“That’s just it. One of Duncan’s teammates said something and it pissed Camille off. I mean, it was pretty vague but he knew. He knew something that I don’t. I think they all do. And I feel like I am going to be made a fool of.”

“I know we just met these guys but I don’t think Duncan seems like that kind of guy. And Camille seems really nice and genuine. Just ask her today.”

“Maybe I will.”

They are a quick breakfast and then got ready to leave. They reached the arena at twelve thirty and made their way inside. Camille waved as they reached the seats and they greeted each other politely.

“You both look cute,” Camille smiled.

“You too,” Izzy replied. A Predators jersey covered her frame.

“This old thing?” she joked. They shared a laugh and settled in for the start of the game. Amanda and Izzy soon found themselves swept up in the enthusiasm of the crowd and really enjoying themselves. As the game finished, Camille invited them to head down to the locker room with her to wait on the guys.

“Wait,” Amanda said suddenly as Izzy and Camille rose to their feet. “I need to ask you something, Camille.”

“Go ahead.”

“You and Duncan....what’s the truth?”

“We’re friends, that’s it. I told you.”

“No, there’s something else, I know there is. Will you please just tell me?”

Camille sighed and chewed her lip. “Look, it’s nothing.”

“It has to be something. Patrick made that comment yesterday and you got mad and I know Shea said something to Duncan. Just tell me, please.”

“Duncan thought he was in love with me.” Amanda stared at her, stunned and Camille rushed on. “After I met Shea, Duncan decided to announce that he was in love with me and we had a falling out and he created a huge fight between Shea and I but then he helped fix things between us and that helped us repair our friendship. He kissed me once, but that’s it. So when Pat made that comment about Duncs having his heart broken, he meant our situation.”

Amanda nodded. “That....that changes things,” she finally said.

“It doesn’t, not really,” Camille said. “Duncan really likes you. I haven’t seen him so excited to be around a girl in forever.”

“I don’t think I can do this.”

“Mandy,” Izzy began. “It’s not a big deal. They didn’t date. There’s no romantic history.”

“No, it’s worse. He thought he was in love with her.” She shook her head. “I can’t.” She pushed past the two girls and made her way outside.

~*~*~

Duncan smiled as he made his way out of the locker room to find Amanda. He spotted Izzy who offered him a small smile. “Where’s Amanda?” he asked her.

“That was really fun,” Izzy answered him. “Thanks for inviting us.”

“You’re welcome but you just avoided my question,” he laughed.

Camille touched Duncan’s shoulder. “Can we talk?” she asked. He looked at Camille quizzically as she moitned away from the crowds. Duncan nodded and followed her.

“What’s up, Cammie?”

“Amanda left.”

“What do you mean she left?”

“Duncs, I’m really sorry but she wanted to know about us and I told her the truth. She said she couldn’t and she left.”

“But we didn’t,” he protested.

“I know, and I told her that and Izzy tried to tell her that but she left. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

Duncan sighed and pushed a hand through his hair. “I know it’s not your fault. I just don’t understand.”

“Me neither.” Camille frowned. “I know you don’t want to hear this but maybe she isn’t the right girl for you.”

Duncan shook his head. “She is. I just have to figure out how to prove that to her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
AN UPDATE, YAY!!

Normally I would not post a story before I was finished but I was eager to start posting this story and thought it would come together more quickly. Unfortunately, as you may have guessed from the lack of updates, I've hit some writers block with this one so my apologies. :(

I feel so bad leaving you lovely readers hanging, especially those that comment, subscribe, and recommended. I hope you'll bear with me in the meanwhile and hopefully you're enjoying some of the one shots or other stories I'm posting.

::HUGS:: to all of you!