Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 1

Alex sighed as he walked through the hallways in school, he had only just walked through the door and he could already hear the insults that were being thrown his way. He kept his head down and hoped to make it to his locker without being stopped by someone, but obviously nothing went his way and he got stopped by the so called popular group or to Alex, his tormentors. He bit his lip and glanced up to them with a glint of fear in his eyes as he backed up into the lockers, he looked towards the back of the group and looked to Jack Barakat. Jack was the one in the group who would never touch him or get involved the tormenting and he would always give Alex apologetic glances, Alex sometimes wished that he would say something but he knew that he never would. His eyes were connected with Jacks as he got hit in his stomach, now was really one of those times that he wished that Jack would do something.

His eyes soon closed as more and more fists started to collide with his body, he could feel a warm liquid running down from his nose and it didn't take a genius to know that he was bleeding and probably had a broken nose. Alex whimpered as more and more hits came his way and he honestly wished that the ground would swallow him up or maybe they would hit him just a little too hard and he would pass out, but his biggest wish was that someone would stand up for him and make them stop because he was as sure as hell that he wouldn't be able to do it himself. He was about ready to give up on everything when suddenly all of the punches stopped and there was someone standing in front of him, his first thought was that a teacher had seen and came to break up the 'fight', as they would like to call it although Alex wouldn't call it that.

Alex looked up and expected to see a teacher with a disapproving look on their face, but instead he saw something that he never expected to see. Jack Barakat. To say Alex was shocked would have been a very big understatement, he was astounded that someone was actually looking out for him but he was even more surprised at the fact that Jack was standing up to his group of friends. Alex looked up to Jack with nothing less than awe as he spoke.

"I really think that you need to stop now" Jack spoke rather quietly "It's not like Alex actually deserves any of this, does he?" He saw Jack take a small breath and close his eyes for a few seconds. He seemed nervous, but then again Alex would be as well if he had to stand up to friends who were like that.

He listened between Jack and the group and winced whenever he heard a sneer or a harsh comment, even if it wasn't directed at him but he just guessed that it was a force of habit. He soon switched off from the conversation, deciding that he couldn't listen to any more of the words that cut like glass.

It was a few minutes later that he felt himself being lifted from the floor and someone's arms around his waist; he panicked for a moment before realising that it was only Jack. He bit his lip and looked to Jack shyly "Th-thanks" He just about managed to stutter out before pulling out of Jacks arms and taking a step away, suddenly terrified again, but it wasn't the fear of getting hurt, it was the fear of humiliating himself. He smiled at Jack once more before running off down the corridor without hearing what Jack had to say, because after all, Alex was just the awkward boy who had no friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, this is my first story and I don't know how it's going to turn out. I also don't know how often I'll update because I'm bad at things like that.

So comment and tell me whether you like it or not or if you have any ideas of where it could go because I haven't got that much planned for it.

Thank you :))