Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 12

Jack had stayed where he was for the whole day, and that was no exaggeration. He had stayed in the same position on the couch since Alex had left, he wasn't even bored, he was just thinking. What if he got with Alex? Surely things would be great for him, he would have the boy that he had fallen for and he would get to see him every day, but then there was his group of so called friends. They wouldn't exactly except Jack being gay with open arms would they? They would be even worse if they found out that it was Alex that he had falling for. If he were to come out as gay and ask Alex to be his boyfriend, their lives would be a living hell, and he didn't want that. He wanted to be happy with Alex. He wanted to be able to hold his hand. He wanted to be able to kiss him whenever he wanted. He wanted to sit at the back with him during the lessons they had together and wrap his arm around his waist. He just wanted to have everything with Alex. And he couldn't help but to go as far to think that maybe he wants a life with Alex, a whole life. Not just a high school romance.

Jack groaned to himself and put his head in his hands, 'why does everything have to be so complicated?' he thought to himself. He shook his head and looked to the clock hanging above the TV, he really had spent all day thinking about Alex, it was now half six and Jack hadn't even showered yet. He groaned again and stood up, popping his back. He walked into the kitchen and sighed, deciding on getting a glass of water for himself. He needed to calm down and to stop thinking so much, maybe he was just over thinking? But is it really over thinking if you think that you're in love like with someone? Once again Jack found himself shaking his head and getting another glass of water. He drank another two glasses of water before going upstairs and deciding on having a very early like because he honestly needed it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The weekend came and passed faster than what Jack would have really liked. His alarm went off and Jack groaned, pulling the covers over his head. After thinking about it non-stop about what he was going to about Alex, Jack had decided that he would leave it but make not so subtle hints. He figured that if Alex picked up on his hints he must like him too, right?

After another five minutes Jack managed to roll out of bed and get into the shower. Obviously it wasn't Jacks day as he unintentionally stayed too long in the shower and ended up getting out late and slipping on the bathroom tiles. Things only got worse for the teenager as he was straightening his hair, he managed to burn his ear and his nose, how can you even burn your nose while straightening your hair? So yeah, all of this caused him to be late for school and that is never good when the boy which you're 90% you're in love with gets constantly bullied by your group of friends. Yeah, that was always a bit of a problem.

Jack was running to school, another thing to add to his terrible day was his car not starting, although that didn't really surprise him, it was on its way out anyway. He eventually got to school and he had already missed two periods but he didn't care, the only thing he was even remotely worried about was Alex. What if his friends got to him again? He groaned and shook his head, he needed to calm down, and worrying wasn't going to get him anywhere. He groaned to himself again and leaned against his locker, figuring that he might as well stay here because the bell was going to ring any second to signal that Jack had missed another lesson today.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt someone tapping on his shoulder, he spun around on his heel and a grin made its way across his face when he saw Alex standing in front of him. His smile faltered slightly when he saw the bruises from the previous Friday. Jack sighed, the boy he loved liked really doesn't deserve any of it. He shook his head and snapped out of his thoughts and focused his attention on Alex again "Hey Lexy" He grinned.

"Hey Jacky" The older boy spoke with a smile which didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Are you okay Lexy"? He frowned slightly and lightly rubbed his arm, stepping closer to his favourite boy. Alex only shook his head in answer to Jacks question, which in turn caused Jack to sigh and take Alex's hand. Jack pulled Alex down the crowded hallway and into an empty classroom which was never used any more. He pulled Alex in and closed the door before sitting on a desk and pulling Alex down beside him. "What's wrong Lex?" He murmured and rested a hand on Alex's knee.

"Nothing" He murmured and shook his head. Jack sighed and wrapped his arm around his waist as the older boy leaned into him.

"We both know that's a lie, Alex" He murmured and rubbed at his hip. "C'mon, tell me what's wrong" He whispered and kissed his head. Alex only sighed and buried his head in Jacks neck. Jack held the boy close and kissed his head.

"It’s just that everyone seems to avoid me like there's something wrong with me or like I'm a disease" Jack sighed and looked to Alex, the boy just looked completely broken and it killed him "I can hear people whispering about me as well. They say that I'm worthless and that I don't belong here" Jack bit his lip as Alex whimpered and looked up to him with sad eyes, it was unbearable to see someone so precious, so upset. It wasn't right . "There's nothing wrong with me, is there Jacky?" The older boy looked up to Jack with wet eyes. Jack could only shake his head and pull Alex closer to kiss his head over and over. He just wanted to show Alex that someone was there for him and that someone cared. He wanted to show that he was loved, even if he thought he wasn’t.
"There is nothing wrong with you Lex, you're perfect" He whispered and rubbed his side with a sigh, just holding him close for a while.

"Thanks, Jacky" He heard Alex whispered

"It's my pleasure, Lexy" He smiled and kissed Alex's head before jumping off the table; holding a hand out for Alex who took it jumped down from the table. "Come on, I can't miss another class today" He chuckled to himself and led Alex out of the room. He felt a lot happier now he had Alex close to his side and knew that he was safe, because as long as he was around the older boy, he wouldn't let anyone lay a finger on him if he thought they were going to hurt him.

"Why weren't you in school this morning, Jacky?" Jack looked to the soft voice beside him and shook his head with a small chuckle.

"Let’s just say that today isn't my day, that and my car wouldn't start so I had to walk." He pouted cutely to Alex who just laughed and grinned up to Jack.

"Sucks to be you, then" He grinned and skipped off down the corridor, leaving Jack pouting. His brain eventually caught up with him and he was soon running after Alex. By the time he reached Alex, the older boy was leaning against the locker smirking to Jack.

"Love you, Jacky" And yeah, Jacks heart skipped a beat at that.

"Love you too, Lexy" He smiled and went to stand next to Alex. Maybe he wouldn't have to try so hard to get Alex to realise that he loved him and wanted to be with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, hi. I like this chapter.

Comments are great things, y'know? You should leave one. :)))