Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 13

Alex was grateful for Jack, he really was. They hadn't known each other for long but he really was grateful for the younger boy. He always knew how to make him feel better about himself, and that always took a lot of work with Alex. That was why he was so worried and scared when he didn't see Jack during the morning, he worried because there was no one there to protect him or to keep him safe but most of all there was no one there to be his friend. Alex had just assumed that Jack had looked back at what happened over the weekend and realised how weird Alex really was and that he wanted no association with the boy, but obviously his worries were proved wrong when he saw his favourite person in the world standing in the hallway.

He didn't know what took Jack so long to get into school but he wasn't going to let it get to him, right now all Alex wanted was a hug, and that was exactly what he got when he shyly made his way over to the younger boy and tapped on his shoulder. From the second Jack turned around Alex knew that he knew that something wasn't right, but he didn't want to bother Jack with all of his problems. He didn't want to make their relationship just about him; it wasn't fair.

Jack was special to Alex, in his eyes he could do no wrong and would do anything to help another person, and he had a lot of evidence to back this up, like today for example; when Jack took him into the small classroom and just spoke to him. The younger boy made Alex feel like he was important and he had the right to be happy.

Alex loved Jack, and since this morning Alex wanted to kiss Jack. And that was exactly what he was going to do when they were walking home.

++++++++++++++++++++

The two boys finally made it through a relatively boring day, and if Alex was being honest with himself, he rather enjoyed boring because boring wasn't getting beaten up in the hallway while moving to his next class. Boring was normal and that was all that Alex wanted.

Alex walked out of school close to Jacks side and with a small smile on his face, he bit his lip slightly before reaching out for Jacks hand and lacing their fingers together, causing Jack to raise an eyebrow. Alex blushed and looked down to the floor.

"What's up with you? You seem to be a lot happier than what you were this morning." Jack finally spoke and lightly squeezed Alex's fingers. Alex shrugged with a small smile and looked up to Jack; his earlier thoughts about kissing Jack came rushing back when he looked at his face.

"I'm just really happy" He smiled and shrugged, creating a small swing with their arms as they walked. Once he saw the grin on Jacks face, he couldn't help but to feel proud that he was the one who put it there.

"That's great, Lexy!" Alex grinned as he felt Jacks lips on his cheek. "It's great to see you happy" He heard Jack murmur against his cheek.

"It's great to be happy" He grinned and kissed Jacks cheek in return, there was no harm in that, was there?

The two stayed silent for a while before the younger spoke up and said "C'mon, I'm gonna get you ice cream." Alex grinned and nodded, squeezing Jacks hand as the younger boy led him into the park. They walked silently hand in hand down the path to the small hut on the corner. They didn't have to say anything; just being in each other's company was enough for them.

They got their ice cream, which Jack insisted on paying for and slowly walked through the park, their hands never disconnecting from each other’s. Alex loved this; he loved the idea of being close to someone and spending everyday with them. He loved how two people could be so close that they don't even have to exchange words because they knew how the other was feeling. He loved having a friend, the only problem was that he wanted something more with the friend he had, and if everything went his way later on, he would get just that.

They walked for a bit longer through the park until both boys decided that they should probably head back home. As they were walking, a grin and a blush spread across Alex's cheeks as Jack dropped his hand and wrapped an arm around his waist instead and kissed the top of his head. It was almost as if he knew what Alex had in mind for a bit later. He smiled to himself and rested his head on Jacks shoulder as they walked, just humming under his breath.

They eventually got to the corner of Jacks street when Alex stopped walking; he bit his lip slightly and looked up to Jack.

"Everything okay, Lex?" Concern was evident on Jacks face. Alex only nodded and took a step closer to Jack.

"C-can I try something?" His voice was quiet and shaky; he had never done anything like this before. Jack nodded wordlessly and looked down to Alex. Alex took a breath before closing his eyes and closing the distance between him and Jack, he leaned up on his toes and lightly pressed his lip to Jacks, praying that the younger boy would kiss back. It took a few seconds but Jack eventually started to kiss back and wrap his arms around Alex's waist in attempt to pull the shorter boy closer.

Alex grinned into their kiss and wrapped his arms around Jacks neck. This was much better than what he expected, kissing Jack. He played with the hairs at the base of Jacks neck and just smiled, this was perfect. They kissed for what seemed to be hours but in reality was only a couple of seconds. Eventually, Alex pulled away and looked up to Jack with shining eyes. "Thank you" He whispered before pecking Jacks lips one more time before pulling away from Jack and practically skipping around the corner, leaving a very happy yet very confused Jack standing where he was.

Alex walked home in complete bliss, completely unaware that there was a group of Jacks friends watching them from across the street and Alex was oblivious to the fact that tomorrow was going to be a living hell for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short, but I think it's sweet.

Don't be a silent reader, please comment. :))