Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 21

"Alex please" Jack whimpered as he gripped onto the door frame for support. Tears were now streaming down his face and it felt like every single bit of his body was aching. He knocked on the door with as much energy as he could muster, which really wasn't much at all. "A-Alex I need you" He choked out through a sob because he was just in so much pain at this point, he had an excruciating pain in his left arm which travelled from his elbow and right the way down to his wrist and the blood had yet to cease from gushing from his nose despite how much he dabbed it away and gripped his nose to stop the flow. "S-something has happened and I-I really need you, more than anything" He whimpered once more and slumped against the wall, unable to hold his own weight any more.

Alex bit his lip harder as he listened to Jack, it was just too hard for him to drown out that sound, the one sound that could break his heart in seconds. It really was heart breaking for him to hear his boyfriend sobbing and after a few more minutes of deliberation, Alex finally got up and ran downstairs to answer the door for Jack, thanking whatever god there was that his parents weren't home. He got to the door and bit his lip, he took a small breath and slowly opened door, unable to imagine the scene that he was met with. His eyes widened a little bit as he saw Jack, he gasped and let his hand fly up to cover his mouth at the sight of his boyfriend bloodied and slumped against the wall of his house. He flew out of the house and up to Jack and crouched down in front of him. "Jacky" He said, his voice completely panicked. "Jacky what happened?" He reached his arm out to lightly stroke Jacks face.

"Hurts" Was all Jack murmured as he looked up to Alex, his eyes still full with tears. Alex only nodded in response before gently hooking his arms under Jacks and carefully lifting him up, biting his lip as he whimpered slightly.

"We're going to get you cleared up, okay?" He looked to his boyfriend with concerned eyes and bit his lip softly. "Then you're going to tell me what happened." He sighed a little bit before wrapping a gentle arm around Jacks waist and leading him into the house and up the stairs. He led him to the bathroom and sat him on the edge of the bathtub. He looked at him for a few seconds before wetting a cloth with warmish water and looked back to Jack, he smiled sadly and started to dab at the blood that was running from Jacks nose. "What have gotten yourself into baby boy?" He whispered and glanced up into his eyes, sighing as Jack just shook his head and looked away from his gaze. He shook his head gently and dabbed at the small cuts on his cheeks and chin. "Your poor pretty face." He whispered. He finished clearing his face up before getting a first aid bag out and got an antiseptic spray and sprayed it onto a cotton ball. "This is going to hurt, okay?" Jack only whimpered in response and kept his gaze trained on the floor.

Once Alex had cleared up Jacks face, Jack was ready to talk. They were both downstairs and on the couch with a pretty big gap in between them which Jack didn't like nor understand one bit. "I-I'm sorry" Jack murmured, keeping his gaze to the floor, slightly afraid of looking up to Alex.

"Sorry for what, Jack?" Alex sighed and rested his head against the back of the couch, Jack could say sorry all he wanted, but it wouldn't mean anything until he realised what he would do, which admittedly doesn't seem as bad as what it could be compared to Jack turning up covered with blood and on his doorstep.

"Sorry for leaving you, I guess" Jack whispered and finally lifted his gaze to look at Alex. "I knew that you were having a panic attack and I knew that I shouldn't have left you but I was just...So angry." He sighed to himself and closed his eyes, hoping to shake away the memories of how he felt earlier on that day. "I wasn't thinking when I left you, I shouldn't have done it."

Alex sighed a little bit and nodded and bit his lip softly, "Why were you angry?" He murmured softly, closing the gap slightly in between Jack and himself, knowing that he wouldn't be able to stay away from Jack for much longer, they were usually always touching in some way or another so being so close to each other and not having any contact was taking its toll. He looked up to Jack again with expectant eyes, eagerly waiting for his answer.

"Just that group" He sighed "I hate that they had been messing with you again so before you came in this morning I went to speak to them but obviously nothing went in, because when you started to panic they just stood there watching and smirking, and that just pissed me off so much, that they would stand there and watch someone suffer due to the ridiculous things that they have done. And it really is ridiculous, Lex." He looked up to Alex again and sighed. "I'm sorry Lex, I just handled everything really badly."

Alex nodded and sat back just looking to Jack for a bit, processing everything that was just said to him for a few seconds before speaking again. "O-okay." He nodded slowly "So that explains why you disappeared earlier, but not why you ended up all bloodied on my doorstep." He bit his lip a little bit and looked to Jack with wide eyes. "Please tell me what happened Jacky." He shuffled a tiny bit closer so that their arms were brushing together. "Please tell me what happened"

Jack looked up to Alex and bit his lip, he looked down to his lap and played with his fingers, linking them together awkwardly. "W-well, this is the part where you're probably going to shout at me and call me a stupid boy." Alex nodded in reply and raised an eyebrow to Jack.

"So after I left you all alone and sad and upset and having a panic attack, I went to see the group, Ryder in particular." He nodded and bit his lip. "And I basically started to scream at him, literally in the middle of the hallway. I told him how I didn't appreciate what he did to you and that I would recommend that he would stay the fuck out of our lives." He nodded and bit his lip and glanced up to Alex again. "I then walked off to find you again before he could say anything. I was going to bring you home because I thought that you really wouldn't want to spend the rest of the day in school and that you would maybe just want to cuddle and watch movies." He smiled at the thought. "But I couldn't find you anywhere so I just went back to my class." He bit his lip because he knew that he was coming up to the not so nice part of his tale. "Then as I was walking home, Ryder and his little gang came up to me and took me to the back of the school, obviously what I said to Ryder earlier that day didn't go down too well and obviously he told the rest of the group and well they did this to me." He gestured to his face.

Alex nodded slowly and bit his lip "O-okay" He couldn't help but to feel guilty about everything which happened. "I'm sor-." Jack had cut Alex off with a wave of his hand.

"Don't say that you're sorry, it wasn't your fault." He sighed a little bit and shuffled closer to Alex. "Besides, I don't blame you for leaving and not answering the door, I left you when you were at your most vulnerable" He smiled sadly and bit his lip. "I really am sorry." Alex nodded and shuffled a little closer to Jack and nodded.

"It's fine, don't be sorry" He murmured and rested his head on his shoulder. "I overreacted anyway." He sighed and kissed his shoulder "I love you" He whispered softly. Jack nodded with a small smile and kissed the top of his head.

"I love you too" He whispered.

Alex smiled and moved to hug Jack properly, trapping Jacks bad arm in between them, earning a high pitched squeal and pained hiss from the younger boy. Alex jumped back with wide eyes and bit his lip. "Shit! Jack, I'm so sorry" He said quickly, his eyes still wide. Jack only whimpered and shook his head.

"N-no it’s okay" He whimpered slightly and cradled his arm with a pout on his lips. "M-maybe we should go to the hospital" He whispered and looked up to Alex with a tiny smile. Alex looked back to Jack with a nod and stood up to get his keys.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea" He chuckled softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I hopped you liked it. :)))

Oh, and I wasn't sure whether I gave who I think as the leader of 'the group' a name, but if I did his name has now changed to Ryder because I can't be bothered to read through what I have already done.

Much love x