Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 23

Jack heard the letter box rattling and he wasn't entirely sure why, it was 9:30 at night and Jack was 100% sure that all mail is delivered by then. With a sigh to himself he traipsed downstairs, seeing that he was the only one in the house due to his parents going out for the evening. He found the letter sitting on floor just by the door, he stood there staring at it for a few seconds and he just knew that there something not right about it. Once he managed to shake off the feeling, he reached down and picked it up, reading the scrawl on the front which was instantly recognizable to him, it was from Alex. With a frown he slowly made his way back upstairs to sit on the bed, still staring in at the letter in his hands, he knew this couldn't be good there was something about Alex's handwriting which told him that. It took a while of reading over the envelope he eventually opened it and from the first few lines his whole word collapsed and his heart broke.

He had to read through it a few times and each time it killed him a little bit more every time. He couldn't believe this was happening to him, Alex was his whole world and he just made everything feel a whole lot brighter in his life. He shook his head gently as tears rolled down his cheeks. How did Alex expect him to just go back to that other group? As if it was the easiest thing in the world? How did he expect him to just forget about him? And the worst thing was he was expected to hurt Alex, he couldn't do that there was no way he could do that. He loved him far too much to do that. He took a few deep breaths and closed his eyes, throwing the letter to the floor. He rolled over in his bed and buried his head in the pillow before he started to sob, his whole world was falling apart and he just didn't know what to do.

After crying over Alex and worrying about how hellish school would be the next day, Jack eventually fell into a restless sleep gripping onto the covers for dear life, it was almost as if it would leave him too if he let go any time soon.

Jack was broken and he didn't know how he would ever fix himself.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

School was a nightmare for Jack the next day, he showed up alone which he hadn't done in a while. He walked into the school and through the hallways, his head hanging down low the whole time. He couldn't bare to look at anyone right now, he barely wanted to go in but he knew there would be questions from his parents if he didn't. He made his way to his locker and just leaned against it, he had barely been in for five minutes and he was already to go home and curl up and cry. Alex had really hurt him, although it's quite cliché Alex had literally shattered him into a million pieces and it was clearly visible to anyone who passed him that he was broken.

"Well, look who is all by himself. Did you finally leave Gayskarth?" Jack sighed as he heard the sneer from Ryder and his gang of friends. He was about to protest and give the story of what actually happened when he remembered Alex's instructions.

'you need to tell them that you got with me for a laugh and that you were only ever using me, I need you to make them believe that I meant absolutely nothing to you.'

Jack plastered a fake smirk on his face as he nodded "Yeah, he was getting a little boring and clingy anyway." He shook his head slightly "He was a great fuck though, I'll give him that. It's the only quality he has to be honest." It killed him to say theses things about Alex even if he was the one to break him, but he knew the older boy was only doing it to protect him. "It's quite amusing how I managed to make him believe that he was perfect and that I loved him. Gullible piece of shit." He chuckled slightly and prayed to god that Ryder was buying what he was saying.

Ryder's face was like a stone for a few seconds and Jack was sure that he didn't believe a word he said, but he was soon relieved when he say a smirk stretching across Ryder's face. "That's cold, Barakat. Cold, but more than acceptable." He took a step closer to Jack and clapped his hand down on his shoulder "I never thought you had it in you." Jack put on another fake smirk as the rest of the group mumbled their praise and agreements to Ryder.

Jack nodded, making his smirk grow even bigger "Yeah, I'm not even gay or anything." Lie. "I just thought that it would be good to fuck with the boy." Ryder nodded in response and glanced around the hallway, looking out for the before mentioned boy. As soon as he saw him, he was strutting across the hallway to grab Alex by his shirt and pulling him over to Jack and shoving him up against the locker next to Jack.

"Has anybody told you that you're the most disgusting and unlovable thing on this planet?" Ryder spat into Alex's face, and upon hearing this Jack had to try not to punch the boy in the face because he really couldn't be more wrong. "Not even the person who you thought loved you ever actually liked you let alone love you. How does that feel, fag?" He spat before sending his fist flying into Alex's stomach, making the smaller boy gasp and wince in pain. "What do you have to say, Barakat?"

Jack felt himself being pulled in front of Alex, he bit his lip for a few seconds before he started to speak, "You're a little bitch, really. A good fuck, I'll give you that but you're overly clingy and just have so many problems which nobody really cares about." Despite his harsh words, Jacks eyes were full of apologies as he looked into Alex's eyes, the eyes he loved more than anything. "I don't see how anyone can love you and I most certainly know that nobody ever will" He sneered. He hesitated for a few moments before he slammed Alex's back into the locker and sent his fist into Alex's stomach, and each hit he gave, the more guilty he felt. To end things up he kicked the back of Alex's knees to make him fall to the floor. He turned back to Ryder and the rest of the group "Come on" He muttered before walking off, leaving Alex to suffer by himself on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look! It's my second update this week!

Comments and feedback please :))))