Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 4

As Jack saw Alex walk out of the bathroom stall, he couldn't help the gasp that passed his lips and the way that his heart shattered. Not only did he feel extremely guilty, he felt like he had to protect the boy and tell him that everything is going to be okay and that everything will get better. Jack felt like he had to make everything better for the boy. . "Are you okay?" He spoke softly; he didn't want Alex to think that he was going to hurt him because he really couldn't do that to the sweet boy.

He watched as Alex looked down and he bit his lip slightly, he looked so broken and he didn't think that he could stand it much longer. He silently walked over to Alex and grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together, as soon as he did this he felt a bolt of electricity shoot up his arm and he had to fight the smile from his face. He led Alex over to the sinks and helped him up to sit on one. After reluctantly releasing Alex hand he went to get tissue. After putting some water on the tissue, Jack stepping in between Alex legs and smiled softly at him in attempt to make him feel more comfortable.

"It might hurt" He murmured before he started to clean up Alex's face, seeing the blood on the tissue made Jacks stomach lurch but he didn't let it stop him. It took a few minutes but he eventually managed to clear Alex's face. He took a few seconds to look over Alex's face, behind the bruises and the cuts, Alex was pretty adorable. He shook his head before taking Alex's hand again and helping him down from the sinks. He heard Alex murmur "Thanks again" and he couldn't help but smile softly.

"It's the least I can do" He smiled and kept their hands linked together. He thought for a second before speaking again "C'mon I'm going to take you home, or back to mine so we can watch movies and make you feel better. There's no point in staying here now" He still had the feeling that he had to protect Alex and make him feel like the most important person in the world. Keeping their hands clasped together he led Alex out of the bathroom, he checked the hallways before ushering Alex through the school and out of the door into the fresh air.

"I really am sorry about my friends" He sighed slightly "I should have said something sooner. He looked down to Alex and ran his thumb over the back of his hand "From now on I'm going to make sure that they won't lay a finger on you" His voice had a hint of desperation to it, he really wanted Alex to know that he was going to do his best to help him.

The walk to Jacks house was rather pleasant, there were little words exchanged between the two but it wasn't at all awkward. The two walked together hand in hand, and it made Jack feel a little bit better that the older boy was comfortable enough to actually hold his hands. As they arrived to Jacks, the younger boy checked the driveway to see whether his parents were home, thankfully they weren't because he couldn't deal with a lecture about how important school is and how he should be there.

He opened the front door and let Alex in first, he stepped through the door and kicked his shoes off and dropped his bag on the floor. He walked straight through to the kitchen and turned to a very shy Alex who looked like he didn't know what to do. "Do you want anything to eat or drink, Alex?" He was once again speaking softly, he wanted the boy to open up to him, and he wanted the boy to let him be his friend because god knows that Alex needed one. Jack sighed as all he got from Alex was a shake of his head; he nodded slowly and grabbed a bottle of water for himself. He walked back over to Alex and grabbed his hand before leading him upstairs.

Jack pushed the door to his room open and led Alex inside; he looked back to the blonde and saw that his eyes were flickering between his posters and his guitar. So Alex liked music? Maybe he could use that to his advantage. Jack smiled to himself before leading Alex over to his bed and sat down, pulling the older boy down with him. He took a breath before speaking again "I think we need to talk" He saw Alex visibly gulp and panicked that he had worried the boy and started to quickly ramble "It's okay, it's nothing bad. I just want to make sure that you're okay and I just want to know why you ran off earlier. You don't have to say anything if you don't want too-." He was cut off by a small voice

"O-okay then."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter, it's not really that good. Sorry about that.

Once again comments and opinions are welcome.

And thanks to the people who have recommended and subscribed to the story, it means a lot. :))