Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 6

To say that Jack was shocked when Alex agreed to talk to him would be a bit of an understatement. It took him a few seconds to actually think about what he wanted to hear from Alex because he didn't think for a moment that Alex would actually want to talk. "Okay, um..." He bit his lip slightly and thought for a second, completely thrown off. "It sounds like a really stupid question, but are you okay? Not like the type of general okay, are you really okay?" He looked at Alex softly and looked into his eyes, trying to see if there was any pain there, he didn't want Alex to be in pain. Alex didn't deserve to be in pain.

"I-um...” He looked at Alex, pleading him to go on, he shuffled a little closer and looked at him softly. "N-no, not really." Alex shook his head and Jack looked at him with concern written all over his face "I haven't been okay, in a really long time." Jack looked to Alex and bit his lip, all he wanted to do was to hold the boy close and never let him go. He wanted to make everything better and he was determined to do just that.

Next came the question Jack had wanted to ask since the incident this morning, he sighed before he started to speak “Why did you run off earlier? I wasn't going to hurt you, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay and that you weren't hurt too badly. I could never hurt you, ever." He looked at Alex but suddenly became confused because Alex was chuckling, couldn't complain though because that chuckle was one of the best sounds that he had heard in a long time, he smiled slightly and looked at Alex expectantly.

"I knew you wouldn't hurt me" He saw Alex smile softly and his heart melted slightly at the sight, it was beautiful. And where were these sudden feelings coming from? He had only started talking to the boy today and him already though that he was the most amazing person on the planet. "I'm just so used to being by myself I don't know how to talk to people. And I'm so used to getting beating by myself, and clearing myself up alone, I was a little thrown back by someone helping me." After hearing Alex says that, Jack wanted him to carry on; he needed to know how the older boy felt so he could try to make everything better. He looked to Alex and desperately pleaded with him in a silent way to continue. "I'm not used to having people care for me." He watched As Alex played with the sleeves of his hoodie. "I'm really sorry if I offended you, I-I didn't mean to. Honest."

Hearing these words brought tears to his eyes, how could this beautiful, perfect boy feel so alone? How could people be so mean to such a sweet person? "Oh Alex” He breathed "You don't have to worry about embarrassing yourself in front of me. I wouldn't go off and tell someone" He smiled at Alex and ran his thumb over the back of his hand "And you're not alone Alex, well you won’t be again. I want to help you feel better and I want to be your friend." He felt Alex squeeze his hand and squeezed back "I know you're not used to having people around you and caring for you but you’ll be used to it soon" He grinned and he was sure that his grin only spread when he felt Alex's arms wrap around him.

He curled his arms around Alex's waist and held him a little closer, smiling as he heard the older boy speak "Thank you"

Jack stayed in that position for a little while before he decided to tell Alex something which he personally would have liked to have forgotten but he thought that it maybe just might help Alex if he knew about it "Oh and Alex?" He said and looked into Alex's eyes as the older boy pulled back to look at Jack "I know how it feels to get bullied and not have any friends, it really sucks. But trust me when I say letting people in makes things a little easier." Jack used to get bullied a lot both verbally and physically, much like how Alex is bullied. It got so bad for Jack he eventually had to move schools to where he currently is now and things started to get better for him once he got some friends. And that was what Jack wanted to get across to Alex, the more friends he makes, the easier it will get, and Jack was going to help him do that.

Jack was just about ready to kick himself when Alex didn't say anything, but he was soon surprised to feel Alex's lips on his cheek. A large blush spread across Jacks cheek and a small grin spread across his face as he could feel the butterflies, which were more like birds, flying around his stomach. Jack smiled and pressed a kiss to Alex's head and held him close and him honestly he thought that he could get used to being like this with Alex.

A few more minutes passed before Jack shifted beneath Alex and pulled away from him, a smile still on his face "Do you want to watch a film now?" He grinned slightly "It's still my intention to make you feel better" He grinned and pushed Alex from his lap before getting up "You go and choose a film" He said pointing towards a cupboard which had all of his DVDs in "And I will go and get some drinks" He flashed a grin at Alex before running downstairs. After a few minutes he ran back up the stairs and into his room with his arms full of drinks full of drinks, chocolate and popcorn. He dumped all of the stuff on the bed and looked up as Alex laughed.

"I thought you were only going to get drinks" The older said

"I was but the food looked really good as well, so I brought it up." He shrugged and sat on the bed with a grin "What film did you pick?"

He watched Alex pick up a case and show Jack "Home Alone" The caramel haired boy said, and as soon as the words left Alex's lips, the grin on Jacks face grew impossibly bigger.

"Oh my god, that is my favourite film!" He clapped his hands like an excited child "Put it on, put it on put it on!" He grinned and made himself comfy on the bed and watched as Alex put the film on.

"You're like a big kid, Jack" The elder laughed and Jack just shrugged.

"I don't even care" He patted the space next to him as Alex came back over and handed him a drink, the whole time his eyes were glued to the screen.

For both boys, the day was getting better and better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I really like this chapter. They finally have a conversation. And there's Jalex fluff.

Comments are always welcome :))