Not the American Average

Ch. 3 Buying Tickets

After we finished our breakfast with the family my parents drove over to the bank to deposit the money that I needed to pay for the tickets which was a hundred dollars, but Asking Alexandria was worth the money. That left me with three-hundred which I had been saving up for months just for this concert. You could say that I was really hoping that I was going to be able to go to this concert, and now that I'm going, I have to go and buy some new clothes.

I pulled my phone out to check my emails and noticed that I had another message from Carla. I grunted but continued on with what I was doing in the first place. Checking to see if Hot Topic was having any sales at the moment. I opened my email box and three emails popped up and one of them was for Hot Topic.

In need of a new summer outfit? We have just the thing! Tanks and shorts 50% off the entire store and site! Stop buy at the store and clearance is also 25% off in all stores!

Ok so this is good news for me at least. That gives me more money to spend at the concert and if they have their new cd up there at the concert, I can buy it and get it signed!

"Mom can I drive up to the mall sometime this week and stop at Hot Topic? I need to buy a new outfit for the concert!" I ask, putting my puppy dog face on.

She sighed and nodded her head, not giving me an actual answer because she knew I wouldn't give up until she said yes. The mall was only an hour drive and I would only stop at Hot Topic and drive right back home. That was all I could afford at the moment since I needed to save money for gas and as much as I could save for the concert.

I finally decided to open my Facebook app up as we pulled up into the driveway of our house. Since I still wasn't connected to Wi-Fi it didn't load until I walked into the house. I clicked my messages and clicked on Carla's message seeing what she wrote me.

I already bought my ticket! Make sure to buy yours soon because they are almost out! I need to go to the mall and get an outfit for the concert, so if you'd like to go I can come pick you up and we can go together. Be like a little bonding time before the concert!

I rolled my eyes and decided on whether I should reply or not. I really didn't want to go to the mall with her. I would much rather go to the concert naked than go shopping with Carla, but I did need to go to the mall and my tank had a full tank of gas and if I could keep it that way before the concert, I would do anything for that.

Sure, Carla! I was just telling my mom how I needed to go to the mall to pick up a new outfit for the concert! Thanks for inviting me! What day would you like to go on? I replied, hoping I didn't sound too unenthusiastic.

"Mom could I see your card, please? Carla said the tickets are almost sold out so I need to buy them now!" I ask, hoping my mom would give me her Indians credit card.

She hands me her wallet and I grab her card out of it and pull my laptop off of my floor letting it load. As I waited for it to load, I felt my phone vibrate beside me and I looked at my screen. Carla had written me back again. The laptops lock screen popped up and I logged on so I could let it load and read what Carla wrote me.

I reopened the app on my phone and the message instantly popped up.

Would tomorrow be ok? Its the only day I have free until the concert.

Well fuck, I didn't think it would be that soon. I figured she would have wanted to go sometime next week or something. She's normally not one to want to be on top of things. She's always too busy to never schedule anything for the next day, at least that's what her friends say.

Sure, tomorrow would be ok. Do you need me to send you my address? I reply and set my phone down and bring the site up for the Asking Alexandria tickets.

I looked at the other bands that were going to be at the concert that was only in three more weeks from now. Of Mice and Men and Motionless in White stood out for me. Austin Carlile was so cute and I had the same last name as Alan Ashby so I thought that was cool. I liked a few songs by Motionless in White but when I was younger they creeped me the heck out. I clicked on the tickets and scrolled through until I saw the North Carolina venue and clicked it. For my one ticket it was going to be ninety-six dollars, but that did include the parking so it was worth it if you thought about it.

My phone vibrated again just as I was about to buy the tickets, but I only had a certain amount of time to buy the tickets so I ignored it and finished my order. Once I was done I looked at my phone and saw that Carla had replied again.

Yeah, and you did buy the ticket for the North Carolina venue right?

Where else would I fucking buy it, you stupid bitch?

Yeah I bought the ticket for the North Carolina venue. I live on 1234 Nowhere Lane. [b/] I reply and shut down my app trying not to get too mad at Carla.

"Amelia I need my card back! I have to go to the store. What's wrong with you?" My mom asks me.

I must have looked really pissed off for her to ask me what was wrong with me.

"Carla asked me if I wanted to go to the mall with her. She's picking me up and we're going to the mall tomorrow. She had the nerve to ask me if I bought the tickets for the North Carolina venue. Do I really look that stupid?" I say, in an aggravated tone.

She rolls her eyes and takes her card and wallet from me and walks out of my bedroom, leaving me to mope. I really should be happy and smile about all this. Even if Carla was treating me like I was an idiot, she was the one helping me get to my favorite bands concert. I only had to deal with her for two days and I was good. Two days and I never had to see her again.

...

"Amelia, its time for you to wake up. Its five and I'm going to start making dinner." Mom says, waking me up from my apparent sleep.

I rubbed my eyes and grumbled something incoherent out at my mother, unsure of what I had actually said to her. I got up from my bed and walked out to the kitchen to help my mom with dinner, or at least attempt to since I couldn't exactly cook anything.

She directed me to grab certain pots and a cookie sheet and I finally decided on that my mom was making spaghetti, broccoli, and garlic bread. I thought that was a decent dinner and I wouldn't complain over it, especially since I was hungry and I had a good reason to be. I hadn't eaten lunch because I had slept for hours. When dinner was done mom made my plate and told me to go sit at the table. She yelled for dad to come and eat, but he never came, which made me think he was sleeping.

My mom and I didn't talk while we ate our dinner like a normal family would. We normally would, but I was still vey tired, and she didn't look like she was in the talking mood. I wasn't in the talking mood either because I couldn't grasp my mind around any of the thoughts swarming through my head. I was mainly thinking about the concert and what would happen there. Would I enjoy my time there or would Asking Alexandria suck live? Would I get to meet the guys? That would be amazing! I felt a smile grow on my face and my mom gave me a look.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks in curiosity.

"Just thinking about the concert. It would be amazing if I got to meet the guys! I would love to meet Danny, Ben, Sam, Cameron, and James, but I may not get the chance to meet them and that would be ok since I still get to see them play!" I say, smiling an even bigger smile than I already was.

My mother rolled her eyes at me and continued to eat her food, pretending that she never even saw my smile. I was fine with the silence. It meant that I could imagine what could happen at the concert. Since I had forgotten about Of Mice and Men going to the concert, I was also hoping to be able to meet Austin, Phil, Tino, Alan, and Aaron now too! I was a really big fan of them as well, but Asking Alexandria still took the cake!

I finished eating my food and started on the dishes, which really wasn't much, but I had to do them if I expected to be able to go shopping to tomorrow. My parents really are strict and if you don't believe me, you're crazy. Mom put the food up into containers so I could be able to clean the pots and pans and I got to cleaning those as well. Once I was finished I got to feeding my cat and dog. Really isn't much of a chore since there's only two of them, but they do need fed, so hey. Once finished with that chore, I went back to my room and laid back down, but didn't go back to sleep.

Instead I got my laptop and got on two of the writing sites that I wrote on called mibba and wattpad and instantly closed wattpad since I had no notifications. I had been getting on mibba since there was much more things to do on mibba, like role play. I didn't really do much anymore on either sites so I closed down the internet and shut down my laptop and laid back on my bed and closed my eyes. I thought that falling asleep would have been a lot harder than it had been, but I was out like a light once I closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't judge the address. I'm no good at making up addresses and that's the best I've got. I was going to make this the shopping chapter as well, but I felt that it was long enough. Hope you like it and it will get better as the story goes. At least I feel it will. Again, I proof read, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss anything. If you see something missing or a grammar mistake, please tell me, but again, tell me nicely.