Status: Active

Stay Here By My Side

Chapter 1

She watched from the window as the rain poured from the grey skies. The weather was suitable, as it matched the mood of the orphanage perfectly. A dark blue car pulled up to the curb and two figures got out. Spencer figured it was the new girl. Mary, the head of the orphanage always informs everyone when there's someone new coming.

The social worker led a teenage girl, who looked to be around 17 -Spencer's age- up the front steps. Her head was down, shoulders sagging. It was the all too familiar scene. Spencer left her small bedroom and walked down the old hallway to the front entrance, where the two were just entering.

Mary welcomed them, and gave the same speech about the rules of the orphanage, and told her everything got better from here. She started to lead the girl down the hallway to the empty room next to Spencer's. The girl who used to live there, Jordyne, just turned 18, so she was turned out. That's what happens when you become a legal adult, you're completely on your own, and the majority of the time alone.

"This is your room, Emily." Mary said. "Make yourself at home. If you need anything, I'll be in the dining hall."

Spencer quietly listened as Mary's footsteps faded away, and then made her way to Emily's room. She was sitting on her bed, her bags at her feet, staring out the window.

Spencer softly knocked on the door frame, startling the other girl.

"Hi, I'm Spencer. I noticed you just got here."

"Emily," she whispered before looking back out the window again.

"Is it ok if I come in?" Emily just nodded in response. Spencer sat down on a chair at the desk everyone had in their room.

"I know how you're feeling right now. You hate everything and everyone, and you believe that no matter how many times people say it, they actually have no clue how you're feeling. Well, I actually do know. I was the exact way, almost 2 years ago. It sucks...a lot."

"It does suck." she replied looking down at her hands.

"I just thought I let you know that if you need a friend, I'm here for you. My room is right next to yours. But I'm not going to stay right now when I'm sure you just want some alone time." She got up to leave, but Emily stopped her.

"You can stay, Spencer. It would be nice to have someone to talk to who actually understands what I'm going through." She managed a small smile.

Spencer learned a lot about Emily in the next two hours. She was sixteen, almost seventeen, and her parents both died in a car accident. She loved to read, play lacrosse and listen to music.

The two girls already had a great friendship forming.

- 1 month later -

"Why can't I come with you?" Emily asked. The older one sighed before answering.

"Because, i'm going to get your birthday present. And unless you want to know what I'm getting you..."

"Ugh, fine." she replied, throwing herself on the small bed.

Spencer quickly changed into a sweater dress, tights and pair of boots before grabbing her purse.

"Alright, wish me luck."

"Good luck." she said laughing. "Feel free to bring me back a cappuccino!" Spencer laughed and made her way outside into the frigid winter air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another fan fiction I've posted on here! So this one is also being transferred from Wattpad. Please comment and let me know what you think, thanks xx