Status: Active

Stay Here By My Side

Chapter 12

"What am I supposed to wear tonight?"

"Well, since it's a Blink - 182 concert, I wouldn't suggest anything fancy.." Emily said half-heartedly, not looking up from the magazine she was reading. Spencer rolled her eyes, and grabbed the magazine from her, laughing at her friend's annoyed expression.

"Well, no shit Sherlock. That's common sense." Emily pushed herself off Spencer's bed, and made her way to the closet.

"Wear these," She instructed, throwing her a pair of her skinny jeans, along with one of her favorite shirts. Spencer smiled happily, and began changing.

"See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?" She teased, giving her the magazine back.

"My advice for tonight: Just try and enjoy the concert, and not make out the whole time."

"Oh, shut up," Spencer said, a blush making its way across her cheeks.

- - - - - -

Blink was supposed to take the stage in less than ten minutes. Ryan and Spencer were about eight or nine rows back from the stage, which they were totally okay with. It was a lot better than having to fight to stay in the front. The openers already played, and were good, but now the crowd was becoming restless, after all most of them have been waiting for hours.

"Thanks, again, for this. I've never been to a concert before, so this is amazing." Spencer yelled to Ryan, over the chanting of the crowd. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her.

"It's my pleasure," Her replied. "This is a great first concert to go to. I'm embarrassed to say what my first one was."

"What was it?"

"Like I'm going to tell you!"

"You can't just say something like that and not explain who it was. That's not the way it works."

"Oh really?" Ryan asked amused. Spencer nodded in confirmation. "Okay, fine...my first concert was embarrassingly enough, The Backstreet Boys." Spencer tried, she really did to hold her laugh in, but it just wasn't possible.

"Oh my God are you serious? That's hilarious! I wouldn't take you to be a boy-band type."

"I"m not a 'boy-band type'! I only went because my sister wanted to go really bad, so I bought her some tickets for her birthday when I was fourteen and she really wanted me to go with her, so I did."

"Ah, so you did the brotherly thing and brought her? That's much better," She replied still laughing at the thought of him being at a Backstreet Boys concert.

Just as Ryan was about to reply, the lights went out and the intro to All The Small Things began. The concert had officially started.

When people say concerts are the best experiences of your life, they weren't kidding. There was just so much energy, and excitement it wasn't like anything else. Every single person in the venue shared a connection - music. Their mood and energy changed with each song. It went from upbeat and happy to emotional and heavy during Adam's Song. But that's what made it so amazing. It was by far, the best night of Spencer's life. All thanks to Ryan. She looked over at him as they played the last song, and smiled at how his face was lit up and he was singing along to every single lyric. He really was something else. Her life before meeting him definitely was nothing compared to what it was now. It was rather bleak and monotonous, but now, now it was exciting and she was happy for once. She wouldn't say she was in love with him, oh no it was way too soon for that and she isn't one of those girls who says she loves a guy two weeks into dating him; but she was definitely getting there. Each day she was noticing the smallest things about him that just made her smile. Like when he's concentrating, his tongue would poke out the corner of his mouth; or when he listens to music, he really listens to it - he tries to find the meaning behind every lyric. His explanation is that "it wouldn't have been written without some kind of meaning behind it" and he believed it was his job to figure out exactly what that was.

She didn't realize she was still looking at him with a smile on her face until his eyes connected with hers, and he pressed his lips against hers, just as the last note rang through the venue.

Yes, tonight was definitely unforgettable.
♠ ♠ ♠
oops. I think this is the longest I've gone not updating..my bad. I tried, but I had really bad writer's block, and this was the best I could come up with. But it will all start picking up VERY soon :D Anyway, please comment your feedback (And be sure to check out my other stories on here!) Thanks xx