Life Is Not That Simple!

Life.

Life. Life is something we are all going through or have been through. Most people like to believe life is easy and fun. I'm going to laugh when reality smacks them in the face. Life is tough, complicated and it brings way too much drama. My life has always sucked.... well, until I met HIM. Allow me to tell you from the start.

I was sleeping very peacefully until someone started to bang on my bedroom door. I groaned and put a pillow over my head, to block all of that out. It worked so wonderfully...until someone barged into my room. I was going to tell them off, but I felt myself start to fall back asleep.

I was wide awake when hands wrapped around my ankles. I immediately grabbed onto the end of my mattress as someone kept tugging at my ankles. Unfortunately, the person ended up winning as the mattress was pulled off the bed and I went with it.

"DOM!" I only received a chuckle from my older brother Dom. He's like a father to me, seeing as mine passed away a long time ago. I can't really remember him. I remember sitting at the table with him as he helped me and my sister Mia with the homework we had. I never understood why I didn't get to see him again until I learned of his fate.

I was brought out of my thoughts as Dom waved a hand in front of my face. "You ready to go, Kathleen?" I got off the mattress that was in my floor and crossed my arms, pouting. Dom knows I HATE getting up in the mornings, yet he makes me anyways.

"Don't give me that look, little girl. You're the one who begged to go to the races tonight." I immediately smiled and threw my arms around my big brother. My brother is a street racer. He's the best, no joke. No one takes on Dom and wins. He's like the king of the streets around here.

"You're the bestest big brother in the whole wide world!" He laughed and gently hugged me back before walking out of my room. He stopped before completely disappearing out of sight. "Stay with one of us at all times tonight, alright? These races can get a little out of hand." I nodded and held up my pinky, signaling that I was pinky promising.

You might be wondering why a seventeen year old girl would listen to her brother as well as I do. The answer is simple. Dom knows what's best for me and I respect him. I knew he just didn't want anything bad to happen to me.

I ran downstairs to the kitchen where my big sister was cooking breakfast. She's all about cooking. She's also Italian like the rest of the family though...well, aside from me. I'm pale. I never knew why that was though. Dom told me it was because mom was every bit as pale as I was. I can't remember her though. I don't even remember how she died.

Mia handed me a plate of pancakes with sausage, biscuits, eggs, bacon and potato things. I wrinkled my nose and handed it back to her. "No thanks. I'm not hungry this morning. I just wanted to tell you that you're the best big sister."

I smiled innocently as she narrowed her eyes at me, probably wishing she could see into my mind. I never suck up unless I want something, just like every other teenager out there. She turned off all the burners on the stove before turning to completely face me. "What is you want this time, Kat?"

"Well, now that you mention it...Dom decided to let me go the races!!!" Her eyes grew big as and she smiled so big it looked like it hurt. She immediately grabbed my hand and ran upstairs. I kept up with her as we ran to her room and started looking through her closet.

"I finally get to dress you up!" She laughed and continued to look through her closet. I've never really liked dressing up or looking girly, but I'm not complaining right now. I finally get to go! I've never been allowed to the races, Dom says they're too dangerous.

I'm so glad he finally said yes! Mia got some things out of her closet and tucked them behind her back. I raised my eyebrow, knowing she was up to something. "Should I be worried about what my big sister is going to make me wear?" She laughed and nodded.

"Yes, but go take a shower first." I sighed and went to her bathroom. I took a quick shower before drying my bright purple hair. Yes, my hair is purple. I like to be bold and what better way to do that?

I wrapped myself in a towel just as Mia walked into the room. "Good, you already dried your hair." She pulled out a curling iron and made me sit on the sink as she curled my usually straight hair.

When she finished, after what felt like several hours later, she handed me some clothes. I raised an eyebrow at how skimpy the clothes looked. Were these even considered clothes?!
I bottled up all of my complaints and put on the clothes she handed me. (http://www.polyvore.com/going_to_races/set?id=83538951).

She smiled widely as she saw me completely ready. "You look amazing!" She turned me around to face the big mirror that was on the back of the bathroom door. I looked hot, but I also looked skanky. Seriously, who goes in public wearing something like this?

My stomach showed, my legs showed, and the clothes were tight. I had a million complaints, but Mia looked so happy to see the finished work. I shrugged off my insecurities and rolled my eyes. "I look like a whore." I laughed, so she knew I wasn't being too serious.

"You do not. You look better than a whore." I smiled and shook my head. "Dom is going to kill you for dressing me like this."

Mia smiled evilly. Well, looks like someone has a plan. "Not if he doesn't see you." Well, why not? I have to rebel sometime, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you guys are probably thinking.
'This sucks!'
... Well, please give it a chance anyways? :). I've worked SO hard on this story.
xoxo