Life Is Not That Simple!

Waking Up and Han

I woke up, but didn't quite open my eyes. My mind did a little re-cap of what happened, causing me to quickly open my eyes. I squinted my eyes and groaned as a bright light seemed to blind me. Wherever I was smelled horrible, it smelled too sterile. Does sterile stuff smell? Well, to me it does.

I slowly opened my eyes up completely and saw someone sitting beside my bed in a chair eating some Cheetos. The guy had long-ish black hair, brown eyes, and he was Japanese I think. Let's just call him Asian.

I immediately scooted away from him, only to grab onto my side because the pain in that moment was too much to tolerate. After a few moments of pain, I let go of my side and looked at the Asian guy beside me. He wasn't bad looking, to be honest, but I've learned to be careful.

"Who are you?" The guy popped another Cheetoh into his mouth before finally deciding to answer me. "Han. Dom's friend." I raised an eyebrow at him before very slowly sitting up. It was pretty painful, but not as bad as it was a second ago.

"Dom never mentioned you. Why are you here? What do you want? Where's Dom?" He held up his hands to stop all the questions that I was about to ask. Believe me, I could ask questions for an hour if someone would let me get through all of them.

"He sent me here for you." I shook my head, not understanding what he meant. My mouth was beyond dry and my throat was killing me. It felt like I hadn't drank anything in weeks. I looked around for a phone but couldn't see one. What kind of hospital doesn't have a phone?!

"And I'm just supposed to take your word for it? I don't fucking think so. Tell me who you really are or I swear that you're going to get something thrown at your head." I picked up one of those pink cups you get from hospitals and got ready to throw it at him, but he took it from me.

"Call him." He handed me his cell phone and purposely placed the cup at the other end of the room. I rolled my eyes as I dialed Dom's number from memory.

(* means phone conversation)
*How's she doing?*

Hearing Dom's voice made me want to jump with joy, but I knew it would be painful.

*I'm fine. Where are you? Dom, who were those guys? Who's this guy?*

I could imagine him rubbing the bridge of his nose again in annoyance as I started 21 questions.

*Listen Kathleen, you're going to go stay with Han for a while. He's going to take care of you until it's safe for you to come home. Be good for him, kido.*

I shook my head, even though I knew he couldn't see me. I knew he was trying to say goodbye to me, but I wasn't going to let him.

*Dominic, you can't do this. You're my big brother, you can't just ship me off when things get tough.*

You know it's serious when I use his full name instead of just calling him Dom.

*You were shot! Things aren't just tough, Kathleen. I'll come get you when it's safe. Don't argue with Han.*

He hung up before I could yell at him or cry for him not to leave me. I sucked up all my emotions, not letting Han see them. Unfortunately, my anger was a little bit harder to hide as I threw the phone across the room.

"Ready to go?" I silently thought about throwing something else at his face, but I knew it wasn't his fault. I got out of bed and hissed at the pain in my side. The simplest tasks hurt so much. I found clothes folded up on the dresser type thing in the room.

"Get out so I can change." Han turned around and faced the wall. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "Out of the room, Han."

He turned around to face me and tossed another Cheetoh in his mouth. "I'm not supposed to leave this room unless you're beside me." I glared at him and wished I had the purple cup in my hand to throw at his face now. If he was going to be stubborn, so was I.

"Then I'm not getting dressed and we're going nowhere." I stared him down as he gave me a blank expression. I knew he had to be getting annoyed though, who wouldn't? A nurse came into the room and quickly rushed over to my side.

"You're not supposed to be standing up on your own. I need to start and IV before you leave, sweetie. Hold on a second." She walked out of the room to probably go get those stupid needles. I quickly grabbed my clothes and turned around.

I got dressed pretty fast for a person that's just been shot. (http://www.polyvore.com/lazy_day/set?id=43668073). I stumbled out of the room as fast as I could with Han by my side. He put an arm around my waist to try and take some of the weight off it. "We would get out faster if I carried you."

I stopped for a second to punch his arm as hard as I possibly could before continuing my stumbling. I might have looked like a penguin with all the stumbling I was doing. A second later, Han took it upon himself to pick my up anyways.

I kept punching his shoulder but he wouldn't put me down. We were stopped by a random woman in the hallway who said we were a cute couple and Han was a gentleman for carrying me. I simply rolled my eyes as Han's ego got boosted.

We finally made it out of the hospital and to the parking lot. I looked around and seen one car that definitely stood out. As Han was unlocking the doors, I tried to jump out of his arms but he had a good grip. I pouted as I was placed into the beautiful car. (http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/features/fastandfurious/ff3-5.jpg).
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for not updating sooner but I just got these two cute little kittens. :).
They're SO little and they're currently taking all of my attention.
I'll update when I can. I promise. <3

Thank you for all the support I've been getting on this story. I really appreciate it. :DD
xoxo