Status: Not done.

Life In the Future

Aftermath

Our government tried to settle things down for a while. The president at the time, I don't even remember his name, he wasn't really in power that long, called in martial law. But that didn't solve anything. My parents fled the country to Germany due to the fact people went crazy and began raiding houses and stealing cars, to fill them up with food and their belongings. Driving away to the same place because at this point everywhere in America was the same. There were people dying every day either being murdered and or robbed. When the military came in, people were being shot left and right including the president, but it wasn't a bad thing we were doing worse with him. People in hospitals were dying because there were no one there to take care of them and people in mental institutes were escaping causing havoc. Everything had crumbled in America, there was no structure, and it was an absolute display of anarchy. What I was doing at the time was conforming to survive. My parents gave me their car before they left so I filled it up with gas and other gas cans for the car after having to fighting for it. I didn't have many things just some clothes and pictures. I had no true attachment to anyone there so I threw what I had in that car and left.
A couple of years have passed after that and things were beginning to settle down. Over a one night period American went from excelling as best in the world to a third world country. China was the first to pass us and many of the people were in fear of us having a dictatorship. My parent’s car didn't come to good use anymore because the roads were covered with a thick layer of debris that was hard to drive on. But, I still powered through it. I drove for a couple of days not stopping much only to raid buildings for food or when necessary use the bathroom. Until I came up to a town that looked so familiar like I read about it someone were or saw it in a dream. But I didn't know what its name was; at that point in time, it didn't seem very big or anything spectacular, it looked like an old suburban neighborhood but I still drove around looking to see if anyone was living there. Sadly I didn't find anyone for they found me. I went to sleep in my car that night behind what seemed to be an old university building. And when i woke up I was surrounded.