Night Time Whispering

1/1

He was beautiful, highlighted by the rays of the moon, shrouded in innocence, untouchable. He lied so still, tucked up to his belly in white. He appeared to be dead, but the rise and fall of his chest gave it away that he was in fact very much alive. He murmured in his sleep, soft, breathy words that floated across the silent room; words that carried so much truth, that told of the secrets his conscious mind would never say awake. His face was smooth, no longer burdened with emotion.

From a distance, he looked like nothing less than a white angel. But up close, he looked like nothing less than a man; a man with fears, with worries, with stresses, all swept under the rug as he slept. A man unknowing of a deep love, his own or mine. He has yet to understand what we are... what we will be. Forever.

He stirred as I leaned closer to him, studying his face. His lips moved, words tumbling out, random and unorganized, yet strangely fascinating. What did he dream of? Was his subconscious aware of my presence yet unable to respond? Or was he in a deep sleep filled with dreams of his favorite things?

My fingers flexed, yearning to touch him, to caress his seemingly soft skin. I wondered if his face was like a baby's bottom or more like a man's unshaven stubble. I took in the features of his face, the sharp angle of his nose, the dark eyebrows above long lashed brown eyes, the lifted slope of his plump lips, the charming cheekbones. He was perfection on the outside, but on the inside, he was the item of fascination. Days have been spent with this man, nights consumed with wondering about him, thinking about him, planning for him. He was an obsession, one I could no longer have at arm's length. I needed him, to possess him, to know him. A patient can only be so much, but as a slave there are limitless possibilities.

My index finger reached out and traced his jawline, my mouth turned up into a satisfied smile. Finally. Finally.

He stirred at my touch, brows furrowing as his mind struggled to consciousness. I leaned in to kiss him on the lips and that was the breaking point. His lids flew open, caught sight of me, and widened to the size of saucers. His lips parted and his breath caught in his throat. Did he think he was dreaming? Or did he know this was real? Did he realize it was me in his room, did he wonder how I got in here?

I grinned down at him. “Hello, Jacob.”

He sucked in a gulp of air to scream, but I clamped my hand over his throat, shoving him back into the mattress. He gagged, eyes widening even more in terror.

“Now, now, Jacob. It would be inconsiderate to wake the neighbors.”

His breath came in staggered spurts of panic, his hands gripping my arm, but he lied so still. He showed signs of perfect behavior... how wonderful.

I smiled again, leaning forward and kissing his forehead as I squeezed his throat even tighter, cutting off the air supply. His legs kicked, his torso heaved, but eventually, he stilled. I looked down at my sleeping angel and giggled. Oh, this was so exciting!

Bundling up my baby, I carried him out of the house and into the van waiting for us outside. Getting into the driver's seat, I put it in drive and pulled out towards our new life together in a far away farm house in a far away town where we would live happily ever after; no longer tied down by the rules of doctor and patient, but as limitless master and slave, where I could listen to his nighttime whispering forever.