The Ghost Diaries

Boo.

"Please keep your arms, legs and hands inside the car, and enjoy the ride."

Yes! I made it! Too short for the Horrific Horrifying Roller-coaster ride, my ass! With these heels on I'm the exact height requirement, maybe a few inches taller! The ride operator dude didn't even look at my feet!

Finally I'll be able to say something at lunch when everyone's talking about this--

"Wha-What the hell am I doing up here?" I gasped as I stared down at the ride car that had stopped on the tracks a few feet below me. The people in the car where screaming, and struggling to undo their belts even though they were almost 30 feet above ground. But why where they--

"Holy shit." I breathed and floated down to the car that I had been in, where my body was still there, but my head was not. I turned around to see that the sign the roller coaster car had gone under, was covered in blood and my head was resting in a pale man's lap.

"Am I...Dead?" I whispered, taking the time to look down at my semi transparent floating body.

"Yes, Missy you are. Thanks for figuring that out by the way. Usually I have to continuously explain to the ghosts that they're dead, how they died, why they died, it's a tedious process." The pale man who had been holding my head rambled on.

"I'm dead." I stated

The pale guy nodded. "You aren't going into shock are you? It's really hard pulling a ghost out of shock and taking them to heaven. It's really a messy process."

"I get to go to heaven?" I asked incredulously. You wouldn't think that my cause of death would have changed my destination.

"All kids get to go to heaven by default." The man confirmed.

"Even the really bad ones?"

"Even the really bad ones. All of their sins get put on their parental guardian's tab."

Whoops. Sorry mom and dad.

"Let's go then!" I squealed fist pumping the air. "How are we going to get there? Flying? A heaven plane? A heaven--

The man turned me to face a semi transparent and glowing roller coaster car that had materialized behind us. "Heaven roller coaster ride."

"What? Dude! That is so not cool." I grumbled as we got into the car.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Heaven specializes in inappropriate irony."

Image

So here I was in kid heaven, living the life, living a dead persons dream. I get all of the drinks I want and I can go anywhere and do whatever I want. Well accept for prank people, scare people, and use an angel's halo in ring toss. Apparently those three things were a big no no in heaven.

So basically;

I was BORED.

Heaven was no fun! Everyone was so nice and polite! No one messed around, and I missed my family and friends! The angels walked around making sure everything was to our liking, and also to make sure no one was breaking the rules. And when they did find someone breaking the rules all they did was give them a red card, like we were in kindergarten!

"I can't take this anymore!" I shrieked and immediately the pale man from when I died (turns out he was my guardian angel), appeared before me.

"Something wrong, Nora?" he asked

"I'm bored! Isn't there somewhere else I can go? Where I can have actual fun?" I demanded.

"What don't you find heaven pleasant and enjoyable?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"That's the problem! It's too pleasant and too enjoyable!" I groaned, emphasizing my words with hand movements.

"So what you're saying is that you want to live in a place that isn't very pleasant or enjoyable, but still fun and interesting?" My ex guardian angel asked

I nodded enthusiastically, "Yes, exactly!"

And as soon as those words left my mouth, I was in a completely different place surrounded my a sea of people. I whipped around searching for the pale man, but I was alone.

"Mommy, mommy look over there!"

I turned around to see a little girl running towards me, and my heart soared. It was my little sister Marianne! Was I alive again? Did-

Wait a minute she wasn't stopping. I let out a gasp of surprise as Marianne dashed through me and into the Build a Bear Workshop behind me. Two minutes later my mother followed.

"What the heck?"

Suddenly a piece of notebook paper materialized in the air in front of me and I grabbed it, reading it's contents under my breath.

"Dear Nora Hudson,
You wanted to live in a not so pleasant, enjoyable place that was still interesting and fun, so I sent you to earth two years after your death. Have fun being a ghost.

Sincerely,
Your ex guardian angel

P.S You are an ungrateful little brat."