Status: Drabble that are on and off There may be more ;) Please comment it mean alot

Rose of Grief

Part I

Brush strokes are what I left while watching him sleep. He was a beautiful man. Beautiful to paint. His thinning dark brown hair swept over onto his strong face. His deformity lay hidden in the pillow. It didn’t frighten me when I first saw it. It was a part of this beautiful man.
My eyes traveled down his lean body; his smooth chest glistened through the opening in his dress shirt. His jodhpurs were slowly drying; when I found him, they were soaking.
The painting of this mysterious man was done.
He began to stir from bed as he rose. I ran to him touching his arms. “Slowly, you must be exhausted,” I said catching view of his eyes: gorgeous lovely grayish green eyes.
“Don’t look at me!” he demanded jumping from me and walking across the room.
“I have already seen your face sir. There is no need to hide.”
He looked around the room until he caught sight of my artwork. He grabbed it in his hands.
I knew what he was going to do. “Please don’t! Please? There is nothing wrong with you.”
“I am a monster,” he said ripping it in half causing me to cry out.
“You are not monster, you’re a man. Would you want someone to destroy something you’ve worked so hard for?”
“Everything I had has been destroyed.”
He made eye contact with me, his eyes full of sadness.
“I am sorry…” I paused to allow him to tell me his name.
It took a moment but finally he spoke almost reluctantly, “Erik.”
“I am sorry Erik.”
“For what exactly mademoiselle?” He sounded almost irritated and looked as though he were trying to figure me out as quickly as possible.
“I’m sorry that everything was destroyed. Was it a fire? Was it-”
“It’s none of your concern,” he cut me off. “What are you doing here anyway?” he asked me bluntly as he searched around for something; I wasn’t sure exactly what.
“I too do not have much that is mine. I wander frequently and when I came across you monsieur I just had to paint you; you looked so wonderful in this dim light. But then you destroyed it… I-” I wasn’t sure what more to say to him.

“Wonderful?” he repeated to himself in disbelief. “I ask that you leave at once. I do not take kindly to strangers.” He was now turned away from me; hiding his deformity from my eyes.
I stared at him for a few moments contemplating. He seemed like an enigma; so mysterious and interesting yet there was something threatening that bubbled over on the surface; something underlying dangerous. I knew if I brought that part of him forward it would not end well for me. And yet my curiosity was peaked by Erik’s anger and irritability and his statement calling himself a monster. What exactly did he mean by that?
“I am sorry to have angered you monsieur,” I began quietly, “If you wish me to leave Erik, I shall but… I just couldn’t help myself; as an artist I sometimes get lost in my creations. Sometimes when I see something I must draw it or paint it and I cannot do anything else until I have done so. Such was this time with you; and so my apologies to have upset you. I was just following what I was inspired to do –that probably sounds bizarre but… Bon soir Erik.” I began to walk away but suddenly his gruff voice stopped me,
“Wait!”
I twisted to see him looking at me; still keeping the deformed side of his face turned away from me.
“What is your name?” he asked.
I hesitated. “You will not believe me,” I declared.
“I asked for your name,” he repeated forcefully. I could tell he was a very demanding person who grew impatient easily.
“Rose,” I replied, “Rose Deuil.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Really hope you enjoy! U will all learn what Deuil is soon