Twins: One a Vampire, One a Human

Ch.3: Stranger and Deal

Alice's POV:

Me and Jack stare at each other for a minute, his eyes turned black, stands up and kicks his computer chair hard. "I DON'T WANT TO BE A HIGHER CLASS!!!!" Before he could do more damage, I run up to him and hold his face gently, making him to look me in the eyes. His chest was heaving, breathing hard breaths, his eyes still black. "Sh Jack...." I didn't lose my gaze with his, this is one of the only ways that I can get Jack to calm down. His chest slowly stops heaving and his eyes go back to brown.

"I don't want to be a higher class Alice..." "Neither do I..." Marriage. Its the one thing we hate about the higher class. Its basically someone being sold to marriage. We don't know if we would be choosing, or someone will be choosing us. And usually siblings get separated through higher class marriage. I can't imagine my life without Jack, he's my rock.

"I don't want to lose you Alice..." He grabs my hands and puts them in front of our chests. "Mom and dad don't understand how much this effects us..." "Maybe..there's a way for us to convince them for us to stay in this life." I wouldn't mind marrying a human actually. After dating Heith, I decided I hated being kissed by a horny vampire. We only dated because he wouldn't leave me alone until I said yes. That was the longest six months of my life.

Jack sighs and steps back dropping my hands, "you know they won't allow it. If their anything like their family, they won't change their minds." "Maybe we should talk to dad." Jack nods and we head back to the house, when we get inside the table is cleared and we hear the dish washer humming in the kitchen, mom must have cleaned up before going back to work.
"Come in here for a moment," dad calls from his office. More?
___________________________________________________________________________________

I slap my hands down hard onto his desk, Jack was holding me tightly to stop me from strangling my dad.

"You do not have a choice!!!" "I WON'T LEAVE SCHOOL!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!" School was the only thing and place that got me away from the vampire world. Once I leave, there is no going back to a normal life. I have two weeks!!!

"Don't you see Alice! Our families have been threatening us for years to send you two to them! And if I don't send you soon, they'll take you back by force!!!" "I DON'T CARE!!! Its the only human thing I have left!!!" I want to graduate with my class!! One last goodbye to my friends before we split up!! "Alice Carmen Barakat!!! You will leave and graduate school early!! You will go to our family!! And you will!-" "NO!!," I cried. This time Jack didn't hold me back, he knew what dad was about to say. I run out of his office, grab my hoodie that was hanging by the door and run out. "ALICE COME BACK!," I heard Jack yell from the front entrance. How can he be so calm!? He gets to stay at his school!! While I have to leave mine!!

I kept running, it was dark now, no cars driving in sight cuz everyone was home now. I have $10 in my pocket, enough for a bus ticket out of here. I run for another 10 minutes, and decide to take the nature trail as a short cut. If I run through the nature trail, then I'll be at the bus station in 15 minutes. I was half way through the nature trail when I decide to stop to breathe. I bend over and rest my hands on my knees, breathing hard. I look around, thick fog was sitting, covering the trail but I knew it by heart.

There was no noise, except for my heartbeat in my ears. I slowly walk more, keeping an eye out for anyone, even Jack or dad. I heard a snap near by and spin around towards the sound. I look around, nothing. So happy that that full moon was out. I turn back around and kept walking, I should be running so I can get there faster but I need to be more careful. I heard another snap and then two strong hands grabbed my shoulders from behind making me scream. He covered my mouth and spun me around to look at him.

His gold eyes burned into my brown ones, his skin was cold. His brown hair hung over his eyes, there was little blonde highlights. His skin would of been tan, but with how cold his skin was, there was no way that his skin could go tan. "Now, don't scream. Okay?" He slowly releases his hand over my mouth, "HELP!!" He places his hand over my mouth again, "I just told you to not scream," he whispered softly.

I pull away from him and glared into his gold eyes. "Who are you?" "You don't need to know that. But are you crazy? You can't be out here this late." "Its only-" "Yes I realize that, but its late for a human." That caught me by surprise. "Are you...are you a..." "Yes, I'm a vampire. And you need to go back home and stay there." "And why should I listen to you?" He looks around nervously then back at me, "just hear me out, okay? Convince your brother to get your dad to be okay with you staying at school and to graduate from there. He'll listen to your brother." "Wait, how do you know about that?" Is this person some kind of stalker!? "Just trust me on this, it'll work. Now go. And don't come out alone at night without your brother."

He quickly walks off, "hey! Who are you?" He turns around, "just someone you can trust!" And he disappears into the think woods surrounding the nature trail.

I stand there for a bit, thinking. Should I trust this kid, I don't know him, and the only other vampires I've met are Jack's friends. I let my feet carry me, and before I knew it I was back home. I quietly walk into the house, dad's office door was closed, but the light was still on. I quietly go upstairs, skipping the steps that creaked, and into the my room.

Jack was sitting on my bed, runs at me, and pushes me onto the bed, holding my arms down. "Are you crazy?! Dad is thinking about sending us tomorrow because you walked out." He spoke quietly, but I could hear the anger in his voice. I thought of the boy out on the nature trail, his gold eyes burning in my memory. "Jack, convince dad." "What?" "Convince dad to let us stay for the next week, tell him that you want us to graduate from our schools, and then we'll leave the next day." He gets off me, running a frustrated hand through his hair. "Please Jack? He'll listen to you, you know that," I sit up and watch him, waiting for him to tell me no. He sighs, "fine. I'll do it." He walks out of my room and I hear him go downstairs.

Twenty minutes later he comes back, "he agreed." I smile big, run at him and throw my arms around him tightly. "Thank you Jack!," I whisper into his ear. He hugs back, but smells my hair and steps back. "Did...did you meet anyone out there?" Think quick. "No, why?" He studies me for a second and shakes his head. "Its just... never-mind. See you tomorrow, I'm walking you to school." He walks out and closes the door behind him. I smell my hair, and all I could smell was my Gainer Fructis hair care. I wonder what he smelled.