The Revolution

Nearly 250 years after the age of Avatar Korra, the avatar world has undergone some major changes. Energy is obtained from nonrenewable resources instead of lightning bending. As a result, Earth's atmosphere has deteriorated significantly. With less air in the atmosphere and higher exposure to the sun, air benders are weaker and fire benders are stronger. The number of air benders is still very low at this point, so tension has risen concerning their dwindling power. A new organization of fire benders has developed called the Elites. They threaten to use their increased power to overthrow the world government, which is run by the avatar. The current avatar, Avatar Kan, is very old and suffers from skin cancer, a disease that has become extremely common due to greater exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun. With his abilities limited, the government is primarily run by a council of 12 benders from around the world, known as the Council of the Republic. The world government is guarded by officers of all elements, but the primary officers are metal benders. This story is told from the point of view of an extraordinary earth bender named Jeremy. He is an African American, 19 years old, homeless, and without a family. He has a friend named William who is also a 19 year-old earth bender. He also has a girlfriend named Christine who is a 20 year-old fire bender. This story is the tale of how Jeremy discovers and combats the true ugliness of the world.