Status: This a new style for me as I'm not writing from a characters view point but them all in general so feedback would be nice.

The Fault Within Us

Present Day

There I sat, staring at my mothers grave. I often came here during summer break and talk about random things to my mom. Stupid I know but I felt safe here. Surrounded by my family. Next to mom were my brothers and directly in front was my sister with baby Jolene. I often wondered why such sick joke had been played on us. I was considered the 'would be popular' girl if it hadn't have been for the circumstances I had found myself in. As the sky turned pinky I finally left my safe haven to retreat back home. Dreading tomorrow as it was the start of freshman year. It would go like any other year. Me, alone. The freak of the school.
Looking at my timetable I was pleased to see Art down as first period which was a bonus. I wondered to the back of the classroom and took my seat, taking out my sketch pad and drawing aimlessly.
"Hey, I'm Jake. Mind if I sit here?"
It took me a while to realise he was talking to me. I looked up into his smiling face unable to understand why he would even talk to me. He was the typical looking jock yet she didn't recognise him.
"Um..sure I guess."

Why was she looking at me so confused. Unless she was one of 'those' girls who you dare not speak to and by the look of her she could pass for that type. She was gorgeous and the cheer type.
"So whats your name?"
"Kira." Yet still she analysed me as if she expected me to realise what it meant.
"Cool. I'm new here..moved down from New York." Now comprehension dawned on her face as if she had found the missing piece of the puzzle.
"Ah that explains it."
"Explains what?" God this girl was complex.
"Explains why you're talking to me. No-one talks to me." A sorrow that seem constantly present in her eyes crept onto her face.
"And whys that?"
"Everyone thinks I'm from a family of freaks."
"Why?" None of what she was saying made sense. It was almost as if she had excepted the fact that she should be alone.
"Because most of my family are dead. Its just me and my dad left." She said matter of factly.
"Oh. I'm sorry." That was definitely not what I had expected.
"Don't be. Not your fault." And then she turned back to her sketch pad. I was determined to understand this girl better.

As usual people stared as I walked through the corridors with queen bee throwing insults and snide remarks. I just couldn't wait for this day to be over. I just sat there, picking over my tray of food just like a normal day.
"Hey again. Mind if I join you?" It was him. Jake. He could be sitting with the football team yet here he sat.
"Sure." She could feel his eyes on her. Staring. "You can ask ya'know. I can tell you want to know."
"I dont want to intrude."
"Its ok. Everyone else knows. My mom got cancer and died when I was eight. Six months later my brother Chris was involved in a police chase crashed his car while drunk and died. My other brother Ross was in a gang and was shot dead on our door step four months after. Then when I was twelve my sister Jamie and her partner were having a baby. Complications happened and the baby died shortly after birth, and my sister the day after. So now its just me and my dad. Has been for nearly three years. Not quite what you were expecting hey."
"I'm sorry. My mom had cancer. She's better now but I get how you must have felt. Hey maybe we could hang out some time."
"I don't really hang out." why is he so interested in my life for! I'm fine on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah so it getting started now . Please comment what yoi think even if you think its shite x