Olivia

It's raining outside.

I sighed as I waited in line at the grocery store, drumming my fingers against my cart full of junk food. An older woman ahead of me was getting angry at the cashier because her coupons were expired. Out of nowhere, the store shook from thunder outside. I looked outside and saw it was storming out now. Finally, I was able to pay for my food and make my way outside.

I dodged the rain as much as I could as I ran to my car, threw the bags in and made my way home. As I pulled into my driveway, I noticed a woman next door that I've never seen before. It must be a new neighbor. It seemed as if she was fighting with the door, trying to open it but it wasn't budging. I sat silently as I watched her, debating on whether or not I should help. I sighed and put my hood over my head and made my way over to her house.

"Uh, excuse me...do you need some help?" I asked.

I never saw coming what happened next. She was so beautiful, even if her whole body was wet.

"Agh, I forgot my key inside and I'm locked out. I was trying to knock down the door..." She mumbled, jiggling the door handle.

"Shit..that sucks. Did you try windows or anything?" I asked, peeking in the front window.

"They're all locked. I've been out here for almost an hour. My daughter is in the car...agh! This is not my day!" She groaned.

Daughter?

"Do you have a roommate, or...?"

"Yeah but she won't be back until she gets out of work at eleven." I looked at my watch, it was six o'clock.

"You and your daughter can come to my house and wait...if you'd like." I offered.

"You don't mind?" She asked.

"No, of course not. C'mon." I smiled. I just realized how cute she looked right now. Her brown hair was wet and stuck to the side of her face.

"Thank you so much. I'm Olivia, by the way." She smiled, holding her hand out.

"Billie Joe. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

Olivia made her way to her car and unbuckled a small girl. I noticed she didn't have a coat.

"Want my coat to cover her from the rain?" I asked.

"Oh, uhm...if you don't mind?"

I smiled and slipped off my coat and handed it to her, "Go ahead. I'll survive." I smiled.

"C'mon, honey." Olivia said, carrying the small girl and a bag to my house. I unlocked the house and lead them inside.

"This is my daughter, Sydney. She's two." Olivia said, taking my coat off the small girl.

"Hey, Sydney. I'm Billie." I smiled, squatting down to her level and holding out my hand.

"Hi." She replied, shyly.

I turned on cartoons for Sydney to watch while Olivia and I talked.

"So...how old are you?" I asked.

"Twenty two." She smiled.

I nodded, "I'm twenty. So...how long have you lived next door?" I asked.

"About a month. I moved in with my friend because I got a job at a record store a few blocks away." She explained.

We sat and talked all night and before we realized it, it was 11:30. Sydney had fallen asleep on the couch while watching TV.

"We better get going. Thank you so much, Billie." Olivia smiled, carefully lifting Sydney into her arms.

"No problem. Any time you wanna come over and hangout or anything, feel free. Seriously." I smiled, holding the door open for her.

"I might take you up on that." Olivia smiled.

"Awesome." I grinned.

I watched as she made her way down the steps carefully and made her way back into her house. I smiled because I knew I was feeling something for this girl already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Starting a new story. Hopefully I can update pretty regularly. Let me know what you think!