Olivia

It's been one week since you looked at me.

A week had gone by since I first met Olivia. Since then, every time I saw her and Sydney outside, I'd invite them over to hangout. Olivia and I would talk for hours while Sydney would watch TV or play with some toys she brought over. Needless to say, I got to know Olivia quite well.

One day I was walking from my mailbox to my house when I heard, "Mama! 'Ook!" I looked next door and saw Sydney shyly pointing at me.

"Hey!" I smiled, walking over and tapping her on the head with my mail.

"Hi." She replied, quietly.

"What are you two up to?" I asked, smiling over at Olivia.

"Nothing. Just hanging out." Olivia smiled up at me. Fuck, she was beautiful.

I had been wanting to ask Olivia out on a date since the day I met her but I was too afraid. I just needed to do it though.

"Do you uh, I don't know, wanna go get some pizza?" I asked.

"Pizza!" Sydney smiled.

"Really?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah. My treat." I grinned.

"Okay. Let me just go get Syd's car seat out of my car and then we can head out." She replied.

"Alright. Syd, wanna walk over to my car with me?" I asked, holding out my hand.

Sydney nodded, but put her hands up for me to pick her up. I smiled and lifted her up and perched her on my hip as I made my way over to my car. Olivia followed behind and buckled Sydney into her car seat. I drove the three of us to a pizza joint not far from our houses. We found a booth in the back and ordered a large pizza.

"What'd you do today?" I asked, stirring the ice in my drink with my straw.

"Nothing much. Just worked a lil bit and then picked up Sydney from daycare. Nothing too wild. What about you?" She asked.

"Band practice...work...now just feeding two hungry girls." I smirked playfully.

Olivia giggled as the pizza was brought to our table. We laughed as we watched Sydney make a mess all over her face and the table.

"Billie play guitar!" Sydney said.

"Yup, Billie plays the guitar." Olivia smiled, wiping the little girl's face.

"Want me to play the guitar for you when we get home?" I asked.

Sydney's eyes lit up, "Yeah!"

After paying for our meal, I drove the three of us back to my house. We made our way inside and right away, Sydney asked me about playing guitar. Olivia and I laughed, but I went and grabbed my guitar and sat on the couch with Sydney sitting next to me.

I mindlessly strummed the guitar, trying to think of something to play. I started playing "Happy Birthday" and Sydney smiled and that made it totally worth it.

After playing guitar for a while, Sydney started getting bored so she turned on the television.

"So, what's going on with your band these days?" Olivia asked, leaning back against the couch.

"Playing gigs...we're gonna go on tour this summer." I smiled.

I saw Olivia's eyes get sad. "That's cool." She faked enthusiasm.

"Yeah." I replied quietly, realizing I was going to miss her and Sydney.

We got quiet and watched TV with Sydney after that. Syd started getting tired and moved so she sat in between her mom and I. She laid her head on my thigh and slowly fell asleep. Olivia could have gone home after that but she didn't. She just sat there and continued watching TV with me. I slowly brought my arm up over the back of the couch and around her shoulders. I saw a small smile grace her lips. I decided then to get gutsy and moved her hair to one side and gently rubbed her shoulder.

After a while of us sitting there like that, Olivia decided it was time for her and Sydney to go home.

"Here, I'll carry her for you." I said, lifting up the little girl into my arms. Sydney shifted a little before getting comfortable in my arms.

Olivia put on her shoes and then carried Sydney's shoes in her empty hand. We got to her house and she opened the door. I hadn't been inside yet. It was small, like my house, but it was cozy. Olivia led me upstairs to a small room with a small crib in the corner. I laid Sydney down and smiled as she blindly found her stuffed bear and hugged it to her chest.

"Thanks, Billie. For tonight. It was nice." Olivia smiled as I stood at her front door, getting ready to leave.

"It was my pleasure. Maybe, I don't know, you and I could go out Friday night...just the two of us?" I asked.

Olivia grinned, "I'd love that."

I smiled and opened my arms for a hug and she immediately wrapped her arms around my waist. As I pulled away, I pressed my lips to her forehead.

"I'll see you later, Liv." I smiled.

"See ya, Billie."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really liking this story so far. Please let me know what you think! Comments are appreciated!