Olivia

Though I don't understand the meaning of love, I do not mind if I die trying.

It was Friday which meant it was the night I was taking Olivia out on a date. I was excited to have time with just her and myself.

I was going to go pick her up around five o'clock, that way we could get back in time for her to hopefully spend some time with Sydney before she went to bed. It was something that was very important to her and I understood and respected that.

My phone started ringing, "Hello?" I asked.

"Billie, I need a favor." Olivia said.

She sounded nervous, "What is it?" I asked, sitting up, worried about what might be wrong.

"Agh," she sighed, "I feel so bad. I have to work a double, my boss has nobody else to cover and I know we had a date a-"

"It's okay. There's always tomorrow night, right?" I asked. I was bummed, sure, but I understood that she had to work.

"Thank you for being so understanding." She said, I could tell she was smiling.

"So what's the favor, missy?" I smirked.

"Can you possibly go pick up Sydney from daycare and watch her until I get out of work at 9? I promise when I get home we'll have a semi-date." Olivia replied.

I smiled, "Sounds good. I'll make ya something to eat, kay?"

"Really?"

"Mhmm. Don't worry about it. I'll go get her right now and, I dunno, take her to the park or something. Get her tired out." I smiled.

"You're the best." Olivia smiled.

"I'll see ya tonight."

She thanked me for the tenth time before hanging up. I looked at the clock and it was three o'clock. I decided to go pick up Sydney. Her daycare was only a few blocks from my house so I decided since it was a nice day, I'd walk to go get her.

I walked into the brightly colored building and made my way to the front desk. A woman who was probably in her 40's was behind the desk.

"Uh, I'm here to pick up Sydney..." I explained.

"Okay, I'll go get her." She smiled, walking through a door behind her. As the door opened, I heard squeals of laughter and it quieted down as the door shut.

A few minutes later, Sydney and the woman came through the door. Sydney looked around, confused until her big brown eyes landed on me.

"Billie! Where mama?" She asked, walking up to me.

I chuckled, "She had to work late so you're hanging out with me for a bit. That sound good?"

"Yeah!" She smiled.

I grabbed her jacket and bag before leaving the building. I lifted the little girl up and perched her on my hip. Though I've only known her for a few weeks, I had grown to love her. She was a good kid.

"Wanna go to the park?" I asked.

Sydney gasped, "Yeah!" She nearly jumped out of my arms from the excitement.

I took the little girl to the park and pushed her on the swings, helped her go down the slide and even spun her around on the merry-go-round a few times before I saw her start to yawn and rub her eyes. Time to go.

It was about six o'clock so the sun was setting as I walked back to my house, just a block from the park. Sydney had fallen asleep in my arms and I felt her baby breath on my neck as I made my way home.

As I approached my house, I noticed a familiar car outside. Fuck. I walked in and saw Mike and Tre watching TV in my living room.

"Finally! Hey, who's kid?" Tre asked.

I put my finger to my lips, "Shh! It's Olivia's daughter, remember? I told you guys about her. She's slee-" Before I could finish, I felt Sydney move around in my arms and with a confused face, looked around to see Mike and Tre.

"Wanna go lay down?" I asked softly, brushing her hair out of her face.

She shook her head, "No." she mumbled.

"Hungry?" I asked.

She nodded. I sat her down on the chair and went on a hunt in my kitchen to find some food. I finally decided on some mac n' cheese. Once I got done making it, I sat in the chair with her and shared a bowl with the little girl. She sleepily ate her food and watched TV as Mike, Tre and I talked.

After eating dinner, Sydney eventually fell asleep in my arms. I took the little girl upstairs and laid her in my bed to let her sleep peacefully. I cracked the door and turned on the hall light.

"So...watching her kid?" Mike chuckled.

"We were supposed to go out for dinner tonight but she had to work a double." I replied, knowing I was going to get shit for it.

"I just hope she isn't going to use you." Mike said.

I shook my head, "She's not like that, Mike. I swear."

"Whatever you say."

An hour later, Mike and Tre left and I started making Olivia some dinner for when she got back from work. I made her a tuna fish sandwich and put some chips on a plate. It's all I had, really.

"Hey you." She smiled, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey...sorry about the shitty meal...it's just...I need to go grocery shopping." I chuckled.

"No, it's good. Thank you!" Olivia grinned, sitting down and diving into the food.

"Have a good day at work?" I asked, gently rubbing her shoulder as I walked behind her to sit down in the chair next to her.

"Yeah, it was good. Long, but good."

Once she was done eating, we made our way to the living room. There, we talked about everything.

"What happened with Syd's dad?" I asked gently, playing with her fingers that rested on my lap.

Olivia sighed, "Deadbeat. I got pregnant and he told me he wanted nothing to do with her. He even called her a mistake. I don't want her to be around that sorry excuse for a father. I didn't fight him on it. I'd rather her have one amazing mom than have the drama of a father like that."

I nodded. "It was cool hanging out with her today at the park. You would think she has older brothers with the way she wrestles around." I chuckled.

"Aww, did Sydney beat you up?" She giggled, moving closer to me and pinching my cheek.

I smiled and nodded, "Mhmm. I think she hit me right here." I said, pointing to my cheek.

"Should I kiss it to make it better?" She asked.

I nodded and grinned as she pecked my cheek. "I think she got me here,too." I replied, pointing to my nose. She placed a soft kiss on the tip of my nose.

"And right here." I merely whispered, pointing to my lips.

Olivia laughed before leaning forward and pressing her lips against mine. She smiled against my lips as I ran my hang through her hair before gently pulling away.

"Thank you for the best first date." I smiled, kissing her on the forehead as we once again found ourselves at her front door. I had walked her home with Syd in my arms once again.

"Don't make me feel more guilty!" She groaned, lightly smacking me.

I moved closer to her, looking into her brown eyes, "I'm not. It was seriously the best. " I murmured.

"We'll have a real one...promise." Olivia smiled, grabbing on to the sides of my shirt and pulling me closer to where our bodies pressed against one another.

"Have a good night, Liv." I grinned, pecking her on the lips before I made my way home after another successful night with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments! Really proud of this chapter! :)