Olivia

Everything that I need, I need from you.

Mike, Tre and I were practicing for a gig we had this weekend at someone's party. I really wanted Olivia to go because I had written a song for her.

"What's going on with you two, anyways? You finally get the balls to ask her to be your girlfriend?" Mike laughed.

"Yeah...it's good. She's probably the best thing to happen in my life in a while." I smiled, tuning my guitar.

"What about her kid?" Tre asked.

"She's fine. I mean, sometimes it sucks because we don't get a ton of alone time but...they made naps for a reason, right?" I smirked.

We finished band practice and made my way back home. When I pulled into the driveway, I noticed Sydney peeking out my window and waving.

I walked through the front door and smiled when I was greeted by the little girl. "Billie! We made cookies for you!"

"You did?! You didn't eat any, did you?" I asked as she lead me to the kitchen.

"Yeah!" She giggled.

"Hey, breaking into my house again?" I laughed, kissing Olivia on the cheek while she finished putting the last of the cookies on a plate.

"It's not breaking in if you keep the door unlocked." She giggled, turning to face me.

I draped my arms over her shoulders as she rested her hands on my hips. "So...this weekend we've got a gig and I really want you to go." I smiled, looking in her eyes.

"What about Syd?" She asked.

I looked down sadly, "I mean, can't you get someone to watch her...?"

"Billie, it's not that easy." She explained, rubbing my side.

"I know, but...I just really want you there." I murmured, dropping my arms and walking to the fridge to pull out a soda. I know I shouldn't be upset, but I was. It was important to me. I understood she had a daughter but I wanted her there.

I sat down at the table and opened up the soda and sadly sipping on it. I felt her hand rest on my shoulder blades and her lips press against my head. "I'll see what I can do, k?" She whispered in my ear.

I turned in my seat and looked up at her, "I'm sorry...I just...I'm more relaxed when you're around."

Olivia smiled and sat on my lap before kissing me, "Really?"

I nodded, twirling the ends of her hair in my fingers.

"Well then I'm definitely going to be there." She smiled.

"Really?" I smiled softly.

"I can tell it's important to you. I wouldn't miss it for the world...even if I have to drag a toddler with me." She giggled.

I hugged her to my body, "Thank you."

Olivia wrapped her arms around my neck as mine went around her waist.

"Billie! Look!" Sydney yelled running out with a Nintendo controller.

I smiled, "You wanna play Mario?" She loved playing Mario. Most the time she just sits on my lap and holds my hands while I do all the work.

"Yeah! Mommy play too!" She smiled up at us.

"Alright, we'll be out in a second, honey." Olivia grinned.

Sydney ran out to the living room and found her spot on the floor in front of the TV. "She loves you, ya know that?" Olivia smiled, running her fingers through my hair.

"Really?" I smirked.

Olivia giggled, "She's usually silent around men. All she does is ask about you."

"She's a cool kid. I'm glad she's in my life...and you, of course." I smiled, scooting her off my lap so I could stand up.

Olivia smiled and followed me into the living room. I hooked up the Nintendo and sat down next to Sydney before she found herself in my lap like usual.

Three days later, Olivia and pulled up to a small house party. Mike, Tre and I set up for the show while Olivia and her friend Lindsay stood off the side and talked.

"We're about to go on." I smiled, kissing Olivia on the lips.

"You're gonna be great, I know it." She smiled, giving me a soft kiss before I walked over to the 'stage' area.

Throughout the set, I watched Olivia dance and smile. "Okay, uhm, this next song is new. It's actually a song I wrote for my girlfriend. You're the best, Liv."

"Olivia, Olivia, it's raining outside,..." I sang.

I smiled as Olivia stopped dancing and put her hands to her mouth. She blushed, but smiled.

After the set I found Olivia and kissed her on the lips. "I loved it! Thank you!" She smiled, hugging me tight.

I chuckled, "I'm glad. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do if you hated it."

We made our way outside with a group of people. As I talked, I kept Olivia tucked close to my side. I reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

"You mind if I smoke?" I asked quietly against her ear. Olivia wasn't a fan of smoking, but didn't nag too much as long as I chewed gum or brushed my teeth before kissing her.

"No, that's fine. I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." She replied.

"Okay." I smiled, kissing her a few times before letting her go.

"So, Bill, we hear she has a kid." This guy, who frankly I didn't know, said the minute the door shut.

"Yeah, a two and a half year old." I explained, inhaling the smoke.

"Jesus, and you wanna be with her still? I mean, you're 20." He laughed.

"Yeah, I mean, you can't help who you fall for." I replied.

Just a few moments later, I felt a pair of hands grab one of mine. I turned around and saw Olivia looking upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my cigarette out.

"Can we go?" She asked, tears welling in her eyes.

I looked over my shoulder at the guys and back at Olivia, "Yeah...of course. C'mon." I said, taking her hand and leading her out to the car. I helped her in the passenger's seat and then moved around the car to get in the drivers side.

"What happened, Liv?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.

Olivia sniffled, "Nothing."

"Olivia, something happened. I can tell. I'm not leaving until you tell me." I explained.

"I overheard some girls talking," she sniffled, "they were saying shit about me having a kid and being with you and how I must be a slut. Agh. It shouldn't bother me...it just does."

"Liv," I sighed, "Don't let girls like that bother you. K? You're an amazing woman and probably the best mom in the world. I know what I'm in for and I'm okay with everything that comes along with dating you. If I wasn't, do you think I would be laying in your daughters room at night playing barbies with her?" I chuckled.

Olivia giggled through tears, "Probably not. I just...I can't help but think you should be with someone like those girls. They don't have a kid and you can go out anytime you want an-"

"I don't want that. If I wanted that, I wouldn't be sitting in this car right now with you. I'd be inside, probably getting wasted and trying to get with a girl that wants nothing to do with me. I want you. No one else. I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me to. Listen, I understand what you're going through. My mom dated guys after my dad died and it was hard for her. I saw guys come and go because they didn't want to be with a woman who had 6 kids. I know what I want and I want you...and Syd." I explained, rubbing her shoulder.

Olivia pulled me into a hug, "Thank you." she murmured into my shoulder.

I pulled away and wiped her tears away, "No more tears, k?" She nodded and weakly smiled. I kissed her lips. "Can I get a smile you of ya?" I chuckled.

Olivia forced a small smile.

"C'mon...give me a real smile." I poked her side. Nothing.

"Olivia..." I smiled and started tickling her sides. Shrieks of giggles escaped her mouth.

"That's better." I smiled, kissing her.

"You're a mean man." She giggled.

I started my car and pulled out on to the road before lacing my fingers with hers. "Is that why I'm going to treat you to a late night trip to McDonald's for a chocolate shake?" I asked, glancing over at her.

"Really?!" She smiled.

"Mhmmm." I smiled.

After getting chocolate shakes, we made our way back to my house. "My house or yours tonight?" I asked, knowing there was no way we were sleeping in separate houses tonight.

"Mine. Syd's gonna wanna see us in the morning." She replied.

We walked into her house quietly and made our way upstairs. Olivia pressed her fingers to her lips as we crept into Sydney's room. We peeked into the little girl's toddler crib and silently watched her sleep peacefully. She had her stuffed bear close to her body as she slept.

"She's beautiful." I whispered into Olivia's ear. I didn't need to see her face to know she was smiling.

Quietly, we left the room and went to Olivia's room. I stripped down to my boxers and crawled into bed, just then realizing how tired I was. A few minutes later, I felt the bed sink next to me. Without opening my eyes, I found Olivia and pulled her close to my chest.

"G'night Bill."

"Night, Liv." I smiled, kissing her head once more before falling into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt bad that I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with school. I'm going to try to update more :)