Status: First story on here, hope it's okay! Find me on the ATL fanfic website- w4lkingtr4vesty :)

Falling Stars & Stitched Up Hearts

Polariods & Petty Reasons

JESS' POV

I grabbed the last box from the truck and hurried inside, the heavy rainfall increasing my pace. As I slammed my new bedroom door behind me, I paused and took in the unfamiliar surroundings. Underneath the scattered boxes and bags was an old laminate floor which looked worn, the walls were a light cream and the small window situated to my left was partially covered by beige curtains.

Sighing, I knelt down and unfolded the box labeled 'personal'. As soon as its contents was revealed, I began to well up. My old school books; a picture of my Mum; the Polaroids of a place close to my heart but far in reality. I could still barely come to terms with the fact that my Mum was gone and - to make things worse - my Father had suppressed his happiness and forced us to move across the country. It was as though he was searching for something, as if he was looking to escape all the memories linked to the things back in California.

'Jess, dinner,' said my Dad in a monotone voice, standing uncomfortably in my door way. I paused for a seconds, being throw off of my train of though always got me a little disorientated.

'Coming,' I replied bluntly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this was just a kind of introduction... I know, I know, it sucked. Please stay tuned for the good stuff, it's coming soon! Thanks for reading:)<3