Status: First story on here, hope it's okay! Find me on the ATL fanfic website- w4lkingtr4vesty :)

Falling Stars & Stitched Up Hearts

A Walking Travesty

JACK'S POV

'What's your name?' shouted the new girl as I threw myself around the bend.

I stopped a short while after to catch my breathe. My name? She didn't need to know that. She'd forget it in a day or use it against me in two.

'Oh, what's up Bara-baby?' joked Chris as he trotted past with a football in his hands.

I hated Chris. He was the 'group leader' so to speak, that meant that everyone mirrored his actions in the hope that it would make them cool. It didn't.

'Nothing,' I murmured, not daring to make eye contact. He chuckled slightly before walking off, the ball flying from hand to hand

I slid down the wall and plopped myself on the floor, sighing deeply as I did so.

JESS' POV

'How was your first day?' asked my Dad, sounding uninterested.

'It was fine.'

'That's good,' he said, pouring more vodka into his glass.

I lifted my empty plate and slid it into the sink before wandering up to my room. I sat down on my bed, still feeling uncomfortable in it. I noticed a little path trailing into the dark woods that sat at the back of my garden. I stood up to get a better look, fingers grasping my windowsill. Almost instantly I found myself tumbling out of the house and down the garden to the towering trees that stood before me.

I wandered in, the slim trunks rising around me and the faint noise of rustling leaves calming me. I continued to follow the path as it lead me deeper and deeper into the dense forest.

'Give me therapy,
I'm a walking travesty,
But I'm smiling at everything,'

A voice echoed through the quiet and the muddy path seemed to be heading in its direction. I followed the noise and soon found myself behind a boy who was perched on a large rock with his guitar in hand.

'Shit,' he groaned, coughing as he went to try the next verse again. I stood still and watching his back curl over the instrument as he carried on strumming.

'My lungs gave out as, as I, uh' he grumbled, trying to alter the lyrics as they came out. 'My lungs gave out as I faced the crowd, that's it.' He sounded pleased at his idea, quickly leaning toward a notepad and scribbling it down. Feeling relaxed by the passion this boy had, I went to sit down but instead missed the rock I was aiming for and tumbled to the ground.

'Fuck,' I whispered, pulling myself up.

'What are you doing here?' exclaimed the boy, I quickly realized it was the same boy from lunch.

'I, um, was just walking and I, um, heard you...' I trailed off, feeling nervous under the weight of his chocolate brown eyes that held a beautiful glint.

'Can I help?' I asked, feeling a short wave of confidence. His face looked confused so I signaled towards his guitar and he quickly caught on.

'Uh, okay...' he spoke softly, one hand buried in his pocket. 'You don't need to, I know you've probably got better things to do, friends to talk to.'

'Nope, not exactly the popular type.' I reply, shrinking a little as I faced the facts.

'Join the club,' he giggled slightly as he lifted the guitar up with both hands and went back over to where he was seated, shuffling up slightly so there was room for me. I picked up the lyric book he had and read through what he was working on, a song entitled 'Therapy'.

'These lyrics are, wow...' I began, not knowing how to explain the perfection of the words.

'Uh, thanks,' he said nervously, strumming softly.

Suddenly, a vibrating noise interrupted the guitar. He pulled his phone out and, from the quick glimpse I caught, it was his Mum calling.

'Uh, sorry, I've got to go.' he leaped up and grabbed his things before rushing out of the opening and being engulfed by the large branches. Still, I had no idea what this boy was called.
♠ ♠ ♠
disclaimer: I do not own the song! thanks for reading, <3