Status: Complete

Hellraiser

Part 12

Manson’s POV (Last time in this story)
“Hello, I’m here to see Violet Farley Warner.” I tell the hospital receptionist. Hospitals depress me, especially this one. “I can’t give you that information without her consent.” She answers. “Why not?” “Because she is under 18.” “Wow. I am married to her! I am her husband!” I spit. “Oh, well, we’re going to need documentation.” The bitch said. I pull out our marriage papers. “Is this proof enough?” “Brian?” She asks. “Yes.” Luckily, this place has no clue I’m Marilyn Manson. “Your wife is in surgery still. It is going to be a while.” “Very well then.”
I sit alone in the waiting room, worrying about Violet. I just got back from the hospital giftshop with balloons, flowers and a bag of plush animals. I don’t know what I am going to do without her. Pain fills my body and I start to cry. It’s strange because I don’t recall the last time I ever cried. Maybe when I was a baby…
“Brian?” A guy nurse asks. “Yes?” It is 1:14PM. “Violet wants to see you now.” I get up and follow him. A male nurse, it sounds like the one on the phone. A cop follows us. I hate cops but if anyone knows what is going on, it will be him. “What happened to her?” I ask. “The school bus rolled and ran off a steep cliff. You are just lucky she was not killed on impact like the others.” The officer said, still following me and the nurse. “The others?” I ask. “Yes, your wife was ejected onto the adjacent road before being crushed by the bus when it rolled down into the cliff. Most of the others died when it exploded at the bottom of the drop.” The officer told me. “Oh.”
We stand outside room 416. “You have a very pretty daughter.” The male nurse said. “She’s my wife!” I snap. “Oh, I’m sorry.” The guy awkwardly answers. “Whatever, just let me see her!” “Mr. Warner, I must say you are going to have to brace yourself for what you are about to see.” “Why?” “She isn’t herself. We have her connected to various tubing and machines, much like life support, to keep her alive. She’s got 4 broken ribs, a broken leg, shattered kneecap and a broken arm along with terrible road burn which covers roughly 68% of her body. Her stomach area and abdomen were deeply cut but for now she is alive.” He warned, opening the door.
I’ve seen a lot of things in my life but I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a sad sight. The girl in the hospital bed didn’t even look human; all sorts of tubes and machines sucking the life out of her. A large mask was over his face, covering her chin, mouth and even up to the bridge of her nose. Different IV lines and such to give her treatment. Her splints looked horribly uncomfortable and I could sense that she was in pain. I take a good look at her, just listening to her slow breathing. Inhale……exhale….. Her heart monitor didn’t look too promising and her eyes are closed. I look at her face. Her gorgeous face, which surprisingly came out almost unharmed. “Step over there, for a second.” The doctor said. I obey. “Violet, your husband is here to see you. Brian? You remember Brian, don’t you?” He asks. It looks like she tries to answer. “Blink twice if you know Brian Warner.” I stand by the door now, as not to startle her. “I’m going to go get him now, ok?” He motions me to step out of the room with him. “Don’t be alarmed, it’s just to gauge if there is any brain damage or not.” The doctor said. I wipe away the tears falling down my cheeks. “Will she live?” I ask. “I don’t know yet. She can’t breathe on her own, so we have the breathing machine going and I am not sure how long insurance will pay for it.” He answers. I pull out a wad of $100 bills. “I’m Marilyn Manson, that is my identity, I have millions of dollars so money is no object, I just want to make sure my wife is ok!” I say. “I knew that was you! Technically, we aren’t supposed to ask those kinds of questions, but can I have an autograph?” He asks. “Sure.” I sign a paper cup and hand it to him before going back in to see my woman.
“Hello, Violet.” I say. Her beautiful gray eyes slowly open. They look happy to see me, but she is crying.
Back to Violet’s POV
Brian’s here! I want so badly to speak to him. The pain is so excruciating, I almost prefer death. All over my body is just pain. All these monitors and IVs make me uncomfortable. Manson sits on the side of my bed, talking to me and that makes me relax a little but I have a secret. Something the nurse told me back in the recovery room. I told them not to tell Brian, I wanted to tell him myself. I reach my hand out to him, he holds on to my fingers, looking at me with love in his eyes. It makes me happy but the pain is so miserable and my system is so exhausted. “I brought you some presents to make you feel better.” Marilyn tells me, showing me a vase of pretty flowers, some ‘get well’ and ‘I love you’ balloons. They are all very nice. “Look, honey!” Manson said, revealing a bag. He showed each plush animal one at a time. I love them all very much. Two cute soft froggies, a little soft puppy, a teddy bear and a sweet little gothic bat and an adorable, gothic black cat in a wizard cape. My eyes widen and I try to smile without hurting myself. “Do you like this one, honey?” Marilyn asks, holding up the cute little magician cat. I blink twice. “Here sweetheart, look, he likes you!” Manson says, setting it on my slender tummy. I put my hand over it. “I love you, Vi. You’re my girl, you know that?” You are so beautiful and I love you so much.” Brian coos. I cry, out of physical pain and happiness of Brian being such a good husband. I wish so badly to talk to him.
He sets the plushie animals around the room. “This will make it more home like, I think. I brought your favorite blanky, your Nightmare Before Christmas soft one.” Brian sets if over my body. “There, I think you’ll like that.” He settles in a cushy chair next to the bed and holds onto my fingers. “Violet, this medication is going to make you really tired, ok?” A woman nurse explains, injecting some sort of medicine in one of the IVs. I feel not only in pain now, but also disoriented. Whatever this stuff is, I don’t like it. “Sweetie, please don’t do that, you need that!” Manson urges as I pick at the large mask over my face. My mouth is so dry, I want to get out of here; I want to go home. I see tears in Marilyn’s eyes as he leans down to kiss me. My vision starts to blur. Am I dying? Manson holds onto my hand whilst singing softly to me. “Pray until you are number, asleep from all your pain. Your apple has been rotting; tomorrow’s turned up dead.”
~
I awaken to what seems like an eternity later. Am I still there? “Look at that! She’s awake!” Manson calls. Nothing seems to have change, but I’m in a little less pain. “You fell into a coma, honey.” He says, holding my hand. “Four and a half days.” I look to the ceiling and then think of what the nurse told me right after surgery those days ago.
After an hour, the doctor deemed it safe to remove the mask and the majority of my IVs. My mouth is still very dry and I have to have oxygen through the little nostril tubes. Manson grabs a styrofoam cup and digs a plastic spoon in it. “Have some ice chips. I’ll give them to you.” I let him feed them to me and them I try to speak. “Thank you.” I whisper. He smiles at me. “I am so happy to hear your voice.” “When can I go home?” I ask. “A minimum of a week from now. Your parents have been coming to visit you, periodically. They still don’t know I’ve been with you the entire time. When they come, I go outside and wait for them to leave.” He says. I nod. “Do you need me to get you anything?” Marilyn asks. I point to the cute magician kitty by the window. He hands it to me. “Thank you for my stuff, too.” I tell him. “You’re welcome, pretty girl.”
As the night carries on, I have difficulty sleeping. Pain and discomfort never leave, but then my bladder fills up and it is unbearable. “Brian…” I whisper. “Yes, honey?” “I have to use the bathroom. I want to get up.” I tell him. “Ok, baby doll. I will help you. Manson helps me sit up and gives me my crutches. My arm is broken, so he holds me up on that side. I hobble to the bathroom. Manson helps me to the toilet and stands outside the door. “You can come in.” I say. He stands next to me as I finish peeing.
After helping me back to the bed, I watch him. Brian takes off his shoes and shirt, then crawls in next to me. “Marilyn.” “I’m here, princess. I love you.” “I love you too.” He wraps his arms around me; I feel it through the back of the hospital gown. “You had me so worried. I am so glad you are ok.” He says while lovingly stroking my hair. I think again of what the nurse said. I know Brian needs to know and he is going to find out soon enough but I will tell him when I get out of the hospital. I don’t want to scare him off. I can’t say yet, it’s a secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next part will have some not so shocking news, just humor me. Be sure to leave feedback; I love hearing from you!