Status: I originally posted this on Wattpad and decided to share it on here!

Breakout

Chapter 18

Chapter 18.

Our first stop on the tour is Annapolis, Maryland, which isn't too far away from Baltimore. It only took two hours to get there. In between those two hours, I ate breakfast (which was a breakfast sandwich from McDonald's), and slept on Alex's shoulder the whole time. We finally reached our destination and started unpacking the equipment. We were parked out of a bar which I assumed they were playing in. It was eight am, and I was still tired but I helped unpack. Matt Flyzik helped me on where to put stuff. I recognized that he had a Mickey Mouse tshirt on and a Mickey Mouse suitcase. Was he a big Disney fan or what?

"Do you think people will show up tonight?" Alex asked me as I was putting the guitars in their places on the stage.

"Of course they will," I said. "Who wouldn't want to come to an All Time Low show?"

"You'd be surprised."

I rolled my eyes and squeezed his hand. "Don't worry, people will show up. I promise you." And I leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"No PDA," Matt Colussy snapped.

"Stop being a bitch, Colussy!" Alex yelled. I giggled.

"You sure are nice to your crew."

Alex shrugged. "They're like our brothers."

I smiled.

"Come on, Alex. We gotta do sound check," Flyzik instructed. Alex gave me another quick kiss and I headed off the stage. There weren't any seats, so I stood in the middle in the bar and watched Danny tune Alex's guitar.

"I'm Joyce, Jack's mom, I don't think we've meet. You're Marie right?"

I turned around and saw Jack's mom.

"Yeah, I'm Marie. Nice to meet you," I said.

"What are they doing now?" she asked. I recognized she had an accent. A Lebanese accent?

"They're about to do sound check."

"Alright, well it was nice meeting you, sweetie," she smiled and walked off outside of the venue.

"There you are!" Samantha screeched. "I was looking everywhere for you!"

"Well I'm right here," I said, gesturing toward the stage.

"They're sound checking already? But it's not even ten am yet."

"Testing, testing, one, two," Alex spoke in the microphone.

I smiled a bit.

"You guys ready?" he asked toward the guys. Rian hit his drums in agreement. They started sound checking "Circles" and after that was "Coffee Shop Soundtrack".

"That's all you guys are sound checking?" I asked as Alex got off the stage and walked toward me. He nodded.

"Yeah, we're only doing a few songs in the set so it doesn't matter," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"Our show starts at six, so let's walk around town," Alex suggested.

"Yeah, I like that," I smiled.

"Let's go!" He kneeled down on the ground with his back facing me. I jumped on his back and wrapped my legs around his waist. He took ahold of my legs and adjusted me on his back as he gave me a piggy back ride.

"Don't be too long, you two!" Isobel yelled.

"We'll be back in time. I promise!" Alex yelled back. I laughed while he carried me out the door of the venue.

----

"Wow, there's a lot of people here," I told Alex at the side of the stage. I glanced around the bar. Teenagers scattered the tiny floor. Squished against each other. "Are you nervous?"

Alex shook his head. "No. I'm actually pretty excited."

I smiled. "Well good luck. You're going to do great."

Alex kissed my lips while he rubbed his nose against mine. "Thanks."

I smiled and kissed him once more. "Welcome."

"Eeek! You guys are so cute!" Samantha gushed behind me.

"Well, I have to say, we are the cutest couple here," Alex bragged. I rolled my eyes. I still couldn't believe I'm dating him.

"Alex!" Flyzik called out. Samantha, Alex and I all turned around. "You guys are on in two minutes."

Alex faced me and kissed me on the cheek and walked off toward the stage.

"I'm not lying. You guys are adorable," Samantha winked. I blushed. Meanwhile, Isobel and Joyce joined us by the side of the stage.

"I'm so proud of them," Isobel said. "I still remember their first band practice."

Joyce smiled. "Me too."

The lights started to dim and a spotlight was on the stage. Flyzik walked up to the already standing mic.

"Thank you for everyone for being here. Long story short, here's All Time Low!" He introduced. Everyone in the audience clapped while Isobel, Joyce, Samantha and I screamed. Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian all walked up and took their places on the stage.

"Hello everybody," Alex spoke in the mic. "This song is called, Coffee Shop Soundtrack."

They started playing the intro cords of the song and Alex smiled at me.

"Should I right myself out of the history books or mark a place in time for every chance you took? Don't get me wrong, I know you've got your life in place. I've yet to take a hint, someday I'm sure I'll get the picture. Stop waiting up.

"When it call comes down to a sunrise on the East Side, will you be there to carry home the remains of my wasted youth? This wasted time on you has left me shaking and waiting, shaking and waiting for something more."

They performed the whole song and the audience clapped. They then performed Running from Lions, The Party Scene, Lullabies, This Girl's a Straight-Up Hustler and Break Out! Break Out!

Well this is our last song of the night and we're going to do a cover song. It's by a band called Blink-182. The song's called Dammit," Alex spoke. I furrowed my eyebrows. I've never heard the song before. Jack started playing the guitar cords of the song while Alex sang into the mic.

"It's alright to tell me what you think about me. I won't try to argue or hold it against you. I know that you're leaving. You must have your reasons. The season is calling and your pictures are falling down.

"The steps that I retrace the sad look on your face. The timing and structure, did you hear he fucked her? A day late, a buck short. I'm writing the report. On losing and failing when I move. I'm failing now.

And it's happened once again. I'll turn to a friend. Someone that understands. Sees through the master plan but everybody's gone. And I've been here for too long. To face this on my own. Well I guess this is growing up. Well I guess this is growing up."

I found myself bobbing my head to the music. I actually liked this song. After they sang Dammit, they walked offstage. I felt arms wrap around my waist as the person kissed my cheek.

"So you liked the set?" Alex asked. I nodded as I turned around in his arms.

"I found my new Blink-182 song," I smiled. Alex laughed and pecked me on the cheek.

"I love you guys and all but goddamn get a fucking room!" Jack said. Alex rolled his eyes and he slipped his arms off of me.

"You're just jealous because you have a girlfriend and I don't," Alex said. Jack's cheeks instantly grew red.

"Uh, yeah," he nervous chuckled.

"Jack," I said. "Are you dating anyone?"

"No!"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No, I'm not. Will you stop staring at me like that."

I tore my eyes away from Jack.

"So, who's ready to celebrate on our first day of tour?!" Vinny asked. We all cheered in response. Maybe going on tour with my boyfriend wasn't such a bad idea.