Status: I originally posted this on Wattpad and decided to share it on here!

Breakout

Chapter 27

Chapter 27.

"Mom, can you please explain to me why you let Alex talk to me? I thought you didn't want him too," I said, sipping my soda. We were in the cafeteria of my high school along with other parents and students. After the big finale of the graduation, we all headed into the school to have some fun and socialize. Mom took a bite of of her donut.

"It's a long story," she said. I crossed my hands over my chest and rested them on the table.

"Tell me," I said. My mother sighed.

"Last week when you were sleeping over at Samantha's house, Alex came by. He was looking for you. I told him that you were by Samantha. Even though I yelled at him in Vegas, I extremely felt bad. The look on his face when I told him you weren't there, was painful. I let him in and we had a talk. He told me he was extremely sorry about what he put you through. I didn't know you told him about your father..." My mom's eyes traveled down onto the table. I nodded.

"Yeah I did."

My mom didn't speak for a minute.

"Are you mad?"

"No honey," she said. "I'm kind of glad you did."

I smiled. "Now go on with the story."

"Alex told me about his brother. He said that you were the first and only person that he ever opened up to. And I know he was your first also. By the look in his eyes, he's still in love with you. So I forgave him. I told him I'm sorry and we moved on."

My mother's words sunk in. He really did that? And my own mother actually did that?

"Excuse me," a voice said behind me. I turned and found Alex standing there with his parents by his side.

"Hello," my mother spoke.

"This is my mother, Isobel and my father, Peter," Alex introduced his parents to mine. My mom shook Isobel's hand.

"Nice to meet you," she said.

"You too," Isobel smiled back. Peter shook my mother's hand.

"While you guys get to know each other, I would like to talk to Marie for a bit," Alex said.

"Go ahead," Mom smiled. Alex offered his hand to me. I hesitantly took it. His hand was warm next to my freezing one. He walked me out of the overcrowded cafeteria and out into the school hallways. Alex spotted an empty classroom. The same one I told him about my abuse. We entered the classroom and Alex's hand slipped away from mine. I sat on top of the teacher's desk and faced Alex. He was standing with his hands in his pockets.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I don't know if your mom told you this or not but I came to your house," Alex said, running a hand through his hair.

I nodded. "She was telling me about it before you came to the table."

"Well it's true."

"What?"

"That I'm still in love with you."

"I already know that remember? You practically told that whole school," I said, holding back a smile.

"Honestly Marie. I'm still in love with you. Even all the shit I've put you through. I'm still in love with you. When I first met you, I was a jerk and I shouldn't have said those things about you. And I'm sorry about that. But you're really amazing. Like I said to your mom, you're the first person that I've opened up to since Tom. And your mom told me I was the first person that you've opened up to. I'm honored. Honestly. No one besides my band mates, have ever opened up to me and I'm glad that I'm the first. Marie, you're perfect. Even if you disagree, you are perfect. I do like your curly hair and the contacts but I love your frizzy hair and glasses. You're different then most girls I've dated. Hell, you're different then all the girls I've dated. I'm sorry this is a long ass speech but I'm just trying to say, I'm sorry. And do you forgive me?"

My lips twisted up into a smile. "You're really cheesy you know that?"

Alex chuckled and bit his bottom lip. "I know."

We stayed silent for a minute, glancing at each other every once and a while.

"Do you forgive me?" Alex asked. I sighed. This was the question I was hoping to avoid. I gripped the teacher's desk with my hands. I looked down on the ground where my feet were dangling. I could barely touch the ground.

"Marie?"

I looked up to Alex. His expression was painful and he looked like he was about to cry. Then I reliazed that I needed Alex. I need him as much as he needs me. I got off of the desk and walked towards Alex. A small tear slid down his cheek. I held Alex's face in my hands and wiped extra tears that wanted to spill with my thumb. I placed my forehead on top of his.

"I love you," I said. "And I mean it."

I pressed my lips against his. He instantly kissed back and placed his hands on the small of my back. After a while we both pulled away.

"I love you too, Marie. And I mean it."

I smiled and kissed his lips once again.

"Seriously guys? Making out in an empty classroom?"

We pulled away to find Jack and Samantha side by side holding hands in the doorway of the classroom. I untangled myself from Alex and turned myself towards them.

"What's going on here?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Jack blushed.

"We're proud to say that we're together," Samantha smiled and looked at Jack.

"Uh yeah, we're together now," Jack said, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Wait, was Samantha the girl you were secretly dating but didn't tell us?" Alex asked. Jack's cheeks blushed once again.

"He is!" I laughed. "Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked Samantha. She shrugged.

"It was during the time you guys were fighting, we decided to wait until you guys got together because we knew you would anyway."

"Wait, so you guys started dating the same time we started dating?" I asked. The couple nodded. I squealed and hugged them both. "I'm so happy for you guys."

"I kind of feel bad for Zack now. He's the only one without a girlfriend," Alex laughed.

"We'll find him one when you guys go on Warped Tour," I said.

"Yeah about that, we're not actually going on Warped Tour this year."

"Why not?"

"Our label isn't ready for us to go on yet. They said next year maybe. But we can still go and watch the bands. Only as fans though."

"I'm down for that," Jack said, kissing Samantha's forehead. I had to stop myself from squealing. After talking to Jack and Samantha, Alex and I headed down to the cafeteria to find our parents still talking to each other. We both pulled up chairs and sat down.

"What are you guys talking about?" Alex asked.

"Remember how we were supposed to visit England this summer?" Alex's mother asked.

"Yeah..." Alex trailed off.

England? As in the UK?

"Well I asked Marie's mum if we could take her along and she happily said yes."

"Wait, you're serious?" I asked. My mom nodded.

"Alex makes you happy. I'll let you spend the summer with him."

I squealed and hugged mom. She laughed and hugged her back.

"Thank you so much!"

"Excuse the interruption, will everyone please report to the gym," the announcement announced. We all headed toward the gym where everyone was being held in. I found my mom and wrapped her hand around mine. Alex stood by my side along with his parents. I noticed there were instruments behind Mr. Myers on the stage.

"This night has been an amazing one and good luck to all the students going off to college this fall!" Mr. Myers said.

College.

What's going to happen to Alex and I? He's probably going on tour in the fall to promote their EP coming out. I'll probably going off the college. I've sent out an application to Harvard. Hopefully I get excepted.

"You okay?" Alex whispered to me. I nodded my head.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"To add to our special evening, I would like All Time Low to perform for us," Mr. Myers suggested. I turned to Alex and smiled.

"Go," I said. Cheers echoed through the gym as Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian all headed up to the stage. Mr. Myers handed the mic over to Alex who had his guitar strapped around him.

"We're All Time Low and this is our song, Circles," Alex spoke. He started playing the opening cord to Circles followed by Jack. Alex started singing the song and everyone started dancing. I danced with my mom and Samantha. After Circles they sang, Coffee Shop Soundtrack, Break Out! Break Out!, Running With Lions and The Girl's A Straight-Up Hustler. The night was a blast as I watched my boyfriend perform. I'm so happy that Jasey isn't in our lives anymore. She's somewhere more darker and can't reach us. I smiled at Alex as he sang. After all the bullshit he did put me through and the struggles we faced when we first met, I realized I'm still into Alexander William Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is one chapter left! There will be a sequel! It's called Miss Missing You. It's based off of Fall Out Boy's new song.