You Need a Jacket

Chapter 2 :3

You Need a Jacket – Part 2

Kellin’s P.O.V

After Math class and Biology, lunch finally came around.

I wondered into the cafeteria, not knowing where the fuck Vic was.

Maybe he didn’t mean what he said. Maybe he only said it as a joke, to make the new kid look stupid.

‘Kellin!’ I heard someone yell, snapping me out of my thoughts. I scanned the room, my eyes eventually landing on an arm waving in the air, the same arm from Music class.

I smiled a little behind me hair and walked over to him.

As I got closer, I saw Vic sitting with three other guys. One had hair that made him look like he’d stuck his finger in an electrical outlet, another had HUGELY stretched ears and a tiny braid in his hair, the last looked really tall, even though he was sitting down, I could tell he was taller than me, he kinda looked like Vic.

‘Pull up a chair, man!’ Vic smiled.

Smiling back timidly, and sat down in the empty seat.

‘Kellin, this is Jaime,’ He said pointing to the kid with the huge spiked hair, ‘Tony,’ the guys with the stretched ears, which by the way, were probably the biggest I’ve even seen, ‘and my brother Mike.’ That’s why they looked similar!

‘Hey.’ I said timidly. Curse my awkwardness!

‘So Kellin, Blessthefall fan?’ Tony asked, looking at my shirt

I smiled at him and nodded.

‘Sweet dude! Us too!’ Jaime shouted.

Maybe school wasn’t going to be so bad.

----------

All lunch period me, Vic, Tony, Jaime and Mike talked about a bunch of random shit, mostly music related.

Turns out, they listen to most of the same bands as I do, and they asked me to come see Blessthefall with them tomorrow!

I was sitting in History class, half listening to the teacher, who’s name I didn’t catch, droned on about random stuff, while I scribbled down a few in my lyric book.

Since I wasn’t paying much attention, I was caught completely off guard when someone ripped my book from me, causing me to draw a long line across that page.

My head shot up, looking for the person who stole my book.

It was in the hands of some kid, who was probably a jock. He had ginger hair and sunglasses on; even though we were in the classroom…this guy got some major douchebag points for that one.

‘Do you mind?’ I snapped, suddenly finding my voice.

He smirked at me, flicking through the pages in my book. ‘What’s this? Your diary, faggot?’

Really?

‘What’s with the sunglasses douchebag? Afraid the guys next to you will catch you staring at his ass?’ I shot back. Fuck, where did this come from?

He shot out of his seat and waltzed over to me, grabbing the collar of my shirt. My eyes widened. Shit, this wasn’t going to end well.

‘Matty Mullins! Put him down!’ The teacher eventually yelled.

Matty let go of my shirt and returned to his seat, giving me one more glance, ‘Watch your back.’ He spat. I could feel the venom in his words.

‘Give him his book Matty!’ The teacher yelled again.

Matty sighed, throwing the book at me, hitting me in the chest, knocking my breath out of me for a second, and causing the whole class to snigger.

Maybe I spoke too soon…

----------

I trudged towards the front door of the school with my hood up and my hair covering my face.

Making my way through the parking lot, I could faintly hear someone shouting my name.

It had to be Matty. I kept my head down and walked a little faster.

Suddenly, someone launched themselves at me, jumping onto my back.

‘What the fuck! Get off Matty!’ I yelled.

‘Matty?’ The familiar voice on my back said. That’s not Matty.

The mystery person jumped back off my back and I pulled my hood down.

My gaze fell upon no one other than Vic.

‘Why did you think I was Matty?’ He chuckled.

I scratched the back of my head; ‘Lets just say I made an enemy today.’ I chuckled back.

‘On your first day?’ He questioned. I nodded. ‘Well, it’s a pretty good thing that you’re friends with us then, huh?’ I grinned.

I looked up at him. ‘Friends?’ I said smiling.

‘Well, yeah.’ He said, giving me a confused look.

‘I’ve never really had friends before.’ I said, laughing awkwardly.

Vic raised an eyebrow, ‘Really? How come?’

‘I’m kind of a socially awkward person.’ I chuckled quietly.

He laughed a bit, ‘Yeah, I kinda noticed. Hey, need a ride home?’

‘Sure.’ I smiled at him.

---------

On the ride home, me, Vic and Mike sang along to Blessthefall and talked about the concert tomorrow, until we arrived at my house.

‘Hey Kellin, need a ride to school tomorrow?’ Vic asked.

‘You sure?’ I asked, not wanting to be a burden.

‘Its fine, man. We only live like a block away; we drive past your house on the way to school anyway.’ He grinned.

‘Plus, there’s a slim chance that you’ll ran into Matty and the other jocks.’ Mike chipped in from the back seat.

‘Yeah, sure. See you guys tomorrow.’ I said getting out the car and walking to my front door, waving as they drove away.

I opened the front door and threw my keys into the bowl on the window ledge.

As I walked into the kitchen, there was a note on the table with ‘Kellin’ written on the top.

Probably a message from my mom saying she’s out with friends or something.

I opened it up.
‘Kellin,
I’m sorry, but I can’t do it anymore. I simply cannot live under the same roof as your father. By the time you read this, I’ll be far away. I don’t know where I’m going, or even when I’ll be home, but I know that one day, I will come back for you. Stay strong.

Love you always,
Mom xxx

I folded the note back up, tears brimmed in my eyes.

This can’t be happening!

I ran into my mom and dads room.

All her stuff was gone.

She was gone. My mom left me with my asshole of a dad…
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda sucky, sorry ^_^ again, I promise this is going somewhere! :D