You Need a Jacket

Chapter 4 :3

You Need a Jacket – Part 4

I pulled my knees closely to my chest as I sat on the floor of the boy’s bathroom, clutching the toilet paper to my arm to slow down the bleeding. Its was slowly working.

Tears were streaming down my face once again. I’d blown it. Vic probably thought I was a freak!

I heard the bathroom door open and footsteps approach my cubical.

‘Kells, I know you’re in there.’ Shit, it was Vic.

I wiped my eyes one last time before getting up and opening the door a crack, coming face-to-face with a concerned Vic.

‘Are you ok?’ He asked.

Was I ok? My mom had just left, I had a huge bruise on my face, and to top it off, Vic knows about my cuts…or at least is aware that my arm is currently pissing blood right now.

I nodded slowly, avoiding eye contact.

Vic sighed, lightly grabbing my arm.

I flinched a little as he rolled up my sleeve, revelling my bloodstained arm. His eyes widened.

‘Kellin, how long has this been going on?’ He asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

I shrugged, ‘It doesn’t matter.’ I mumbled.

‘I does!’ He half yelled, causing me to flinch again. ‘Sorry, its just…I know what its like.’ He said.

‘Vic, it doesn’t matter, I’m fine.’ I said back, trying to make it sound convincing.

I tried to realise my arm and walk out, but Vic kept his hold.

I looked at him, and he looked at me for a split second before looking back at my arm.

He leant down and softly pressed his lips to my cuts. ‘Please Kells, please stop this.’ He choked out.

Was…was he crying.

Before I could get my answer, he walked out of the bathroom, leaving me there, both confused and feeling something I hadn’t felt in a while.

Self-worth.

----------

I eventually left the bathroom in search of my History classroom.

After walking around for 15 minutes, the halls cleared, and I was lost.

I continued walking for another 10 minutes before finally giving up and headed toward the large field near the school.

The grass was over grown, and there was a large willow tree in the far left corner. If I sat under the tree, no one would notice me and drag me back to class.

As I got closer, I could hear the faint sound of an acoustic guitar, gaining my interest.

I got closer, until I reached the branches.

As I pulled them back, I saw a figure leaning against the trees trunk with a guitar.

‘Hello?’ I asked nervously.

The mysterious person stopped playing and set the guitar down, standing up. Shit!

They made their way over to me, and I started to panic. What if it was some creepy, stoned guy!

‘Hey, you know, never mind, I-I gotta go back to class anyw-‘

‘Kells, it’s me, Vic.’ He said, coming out of the shadows, making his face become visible.

I let out a sigh of relief.

‘Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.’ He smiled.

Damn you butterflies!

‘Its ok, I guess I shouldn’t have been snooping.’ I said, scratching the back of my head. ‘I’ll just head back to class.’

As I turned to leave, I felt his hand touch my shoulder. ‘Kellin, its fine, you can stay.’ He said sweetly.

‘I come out here sometimes, it’s relaxing.’ He smiled again, leaning back against the tree.

‘I’ll bet, secluded from everyone else, nothing but the sound of the wind blowing through the trees.’ I trailed on.

He sighed contently. ‘Away from all the douchebags, too.’

I chuckled, he was right.

‘Listen Kells, about before-‘ He started.

‘Vic, its fine.’ I smiled at him.

‘No, Kellin, its not.’ He said facing me. ‘Kellin, I know how it feels…to hurt yourself.’ He sighed and rolled his sleeve up slightly, revelling lots of faint scars that ghosted his forearm.

‘Vic, I-I had no idea.’ I stuttered out.

‘Its ok, Kells.’ He said smiling, pulling his sleeve down again. ‘You’ll be ok.’

I looked down at my feet, then at my arm. ‘Vic?’ I asked him, still looking down.

‘Yeah?’

‘Can-can you do it again?’ I asked him, slightly embarrassed.

He gave me a confused look. I gestured towards my arm and he smiled at me, nodding.

He lightly rolled my sleeve up and lowered his lips onto my cuts again, sending butterflies through my body once again.

‘Thank you.’ I whispered.

He smiled up at me, ‘It’s no problem Kells, and I’ll do that everyday if it’ll help you stop.’

I grinned at him, and for the first time in so long, I felt happy.

He leant against the tree again, stretching his arm out, inviting me to lean against him. Smiling at him, I took the opportunity and leant against him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him.

I leant my head on his shoulder, and my eyes fluttered shut, sending me to sleep.

----------

I felt someone shake my shoulder, pulling me out of my dreams.

Opening my eyes slightly, I saw it was Vic.

‘5 more minutes.’ I moaned, curling back into his side.

He chuckled, ‘ Kellin, its 3 o’clock, school’s over, we can go home.’

My eyes shot open. Home. I couldn’t go home.

‘Oh, yeah, home.’ I said.

Vic looked at me confused. ‘Don’t you wanna go home, Kells.’

‘Well, yeah,’ I lied, ‘but, just not right now.’

He chuckled again, ‘Well, you could always come to my place for a while?’

‘I’d like that.’ I smiled at him.

He smiled back. ‘Awesome! Lets get going!’ He said enthusiastically.

We both got up and made our way across the field, walking closely together, our hands brushed together lightly.

‘Sorry.’ I said blushing.

He chuckled, ‘Its fine, Kells.’

He lightly took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys xD I wrote this at almost midnight, and I've been awake since 6am, so if it sucks, blame my messed up sleeping patterns :3